Secret Wars to return next year.

So Doom is God and he decided to marry Sue.... :funny:

Gotta love that inferiority complex.

Soooo... issue #2 was pretty good.

I don't know how things got to this point but I kinda like Battleworld and God Doom. I want more of [BLACKOUT]Baron Sinister[/BLACKOUT]. That was fabulous.

I'm getting the feeling more and more that all the things I currently dislike about the Marvel U that have driven me away will remain intact after Secret Wars is over, was really hoping this "soft reboot" would leave something I could jump back into

^ Like what? Just curious. I have no idea how Marvel's future will go.

Oh my Doom, the second issue was fantastic! I didn't want it to end! Seeing all the Thor's with Ribic's artwork reminded me of his work on God of Thunder which felt wonderful!

I wonder how Doom will react to the presence of a Reed Richards who's even more of an insane evil genius than him?

Yeah, really look forward to Reed and the Cabal tearing Battleworld down around Doom.

^ Like what? Just curious. I have no idea how Marvel's future will go.

-Thor is either still unworthy or dead, because female Thor is still around
-Bendis indicated in an interview the teen O5 will still be around
-Rage of Ultron indicates Steve Rogers is still old
-Wolverine also still dead, or at best replaced by Old Man Logan

that last one is mostly speculation on my part
but, that's my 3 favorite characters out of commission, and one terrible story idea that should've ended years ago still going

But, what about X-men '92? Hopefully that continues.

-Thor is either still unworthy or dead, because female Thor is still around
-Bendis indicated in an interview the teen O5 will still be around
-Rage of Ultron indicates Steve Rogers is still old
-Wolverine also still dead, or at best replaced by Old Man Logan

that last one is mostly speculation on my part
but, that's my 3 favorite characters out of commission, and one terrible story idea that should've ended years ago still going

While I agree with all of this, my bigger concerns for the Marvel Universe are the "everything is doom and gloom" storytelling and every issue leads to a big event, while every event leads into the next event.

While I agree with all of this, my bigger concerns for the Marvel Universe are the "everything is doom and gloom" storytelling and every issue leads to a big event, while every event leads into the next event.

That is the big Two in a nutshell these days. Still, out of the two super inter-dimensional crossovers, Secret Wars is a masterpiece in comparison to Convergence. The latter reads sloppy and thrown together and has one of the problems I had with Eternal: no clear villain, due to a series of villains continually upstaging each other. Brainiac was solicited as the head villain which ahd me pumped, but was upstaged by some weirdo I had never heard of before.

Secret Wars, on the other hand, is a meticulously crafted story, stretching back to Hickman's time on the Ultimates and Fantastic Four, and to the present, with Avengers and New Avengers.

Yeah, really look forward to Reed and the Cabal tearing Battleworld down around Doom.

I like not having a person to root for in this fight. There's nothing better than villain vs villain.

RIP Old Thor though. Wouldn't be a Marvel event if some version of Thor didn't get maimed, killed, depowered or otherwise embarrassed.

That is the big Two in a nutshell these days. Still, out of the two super inter-dimensional crossovers, Secret Wars is a masterpiece in comparison to Convergence. The latter reads sloppy and thrown together and has one of the problems I had with Eternal: no clear villain, due to a series of villains continually upstaging each other. Brainiac was solicited as the head villain which ahd me pumped, but was upstaged by some weirdo I had never heard of before.

Secret Wars, on the other hand, is a meticulously crafted story, stretching back to Hickman's time on the Ultimates and Fantastic Four, and to the present, with Avengers and New Avengers.

Yeah, I gave up on Convergence after like 3rd issue. That thing is terrible.

I don't feel like Hickman's 2 years of Avengers writing is necessary material to understand Secret Wars. I suffered through it and wish I hadn't. The last issues of Avengers, New Avengers, and Avengers World were more than enough to jump into this event which I'm surprisingly enjoying. I really wanna know why New Xandar is below the Shield. Is that where Rich is!!?? :cmad:

Last edited:
Oh my Doom, the second issue was fantastic! I didn't want it to end! Seeing all the Thor's with Ribic's artwork reminded me of his work on God of Thunder which felt wonderful!

Definitely! I loved issue 2, great stuff.

it bothers me that there are still books in 616 while this event is going on. They should have just cancelled everything last month. Theres kind of a disconnect in this story when they say that 616 is destroyed and yet we still have ongoing stories in that universe

And whats up with Uncanny Avengers? I dont read that but the start of SW said that all universes were destroyed except for 616 and Ultimate. Doesnt UA take place in an alternate universe?

Those stories take place before, i don't see the problem, better than forcing the other writers to rush all of their stories.

Most 616 comics are taking place during the eight month gap before Time Runs Out, giving writers a chance to tell and close their stories.

this event was planned years ago. They should have had the writers accomodate for that.

Most 616 comics are taking place during the eight month gap before Time Runs Out, giving writers a chance to tell and close their stories.

alright that makes a bit more sense but it still bothers me

I'm really upset that Kris Anka will no longer be the artist on House of M.

That will foreshadow some stuff.

I wonder if we'll find out why Doom allows the 3 domains below the Shield to exist? Perhaps just to serve as a way to punish those who cross domains. I just know that if I had the ability to recreate a world, the Annihilation wave and Marvel zombies would be high up on the list of thing's I'd get rid of.

#3 was pretty good. That last page better lead somewhere intense. At this point though, I'm not sure if we're supposed to be rooting for Doom or the Cabal. Strange is of sound mind and is in Doom's corner, which carries a lot of weight to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"