• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Secret Wars to return next year.

So secret wars started today? And aren't they also doing civil war, IG and savage wolverine this summer too? Damn.

Those are all tie-ins. First issue of "Secret Wars" just came out. It was fairly epic.

Didn't grab it today maybe will go back to the shop and grab it tomorrow.

So, R.I.P. Marvel Universe and Ultimate Universe.

I took a picture of that final page lol, to see it in front of me really made my eyes wide.

IMG_1392_zpsesun5y0k.jpg

I thought Secret Wars #1 was fantastic, although I loved Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers and this first issue was the conclusion to that story.

Yes, but was it good?

I thought so. It was the end of the Marvel Universe, and you get some great "Oh ****, the stops are pulled" moments. A LOT of major Marvel characters are killed, a lot get good moments, and the last few pages are just an absolute gut-punch. Like, for this whole story to work, and the upcoming reboot to have meaning, the 616 universe really needed to end in spectacular fashion. I really thought it did.

I read it and was confused as hell by the entire issue

Yeah the art was great. I don't know what Marvel is doing on the writing side of things. It's like they are purposefully making things as convoluted as possible so fans will be relieved when things are wiped clean.

I didn't find the issue that confusing, there were bits in Hickman's comics that had me lost, but i actualy found this one to be very compreensive

I couldn't afford to read Avenger and New Avengers. And I've never read an Ultimate universe comic before. It certainly wasn't new reader friendly, despite Brevoort's lies lol.

Wow, the first issue was actually really good. Haven't enjoyed an event crossover this much in a very long time.

Hopefully it holds. These things can stretch the story too much and lose their footing by issue 4.

But so far good stuff. Hickman has been great. :up:

Well, this was the end of a 50+ years old universe, and another one that was 15 years old, with the events being hyped for some 2 years by now, it's normal that it wouldn't be new reader friendly, what needs to be like that are the relaunched comics that are going to be released after the event is finished.

I read it and I am totally confused at what heroes were killed in that scene.

I thought the first issue was rubbish. No attempt to ease readers who haven't been following whatever comic runs have been leading up to this. Terrible first issue. Hopefully with the world ending it makes issue 2 feel like a clean break and new readers aren't just watching a lot of random crap unfold.

Yeah, with something starting at #1 you'd think it would take the time to establish all of its moving parts better.

pssh no, that's what the gigantic recap page is for

lol

Well I expected some people would be confused, for me it's just a continuation of Time Runs Out. Which is good!

I read it and I am totally confused at what heroes were killed in that scene.

Rocket
Susan
Val
Franklin
Thing
Black Widow
Manifold maybe

I thought the first issue was rubbish. No attempt to ease readers who haven't been following whatever comic runs have been leading up to this. Terrible first issue. Hopefully with the world ending it makes issue 2 feel like a clean break and new readers aren't just watching a lot of random crap unfold.

a.k.a literally everything Hickman's written over the last 2 years. It's been like watching a Trekkie argue with a BattleStar Galactica nerd.

Last edited:
Rocket
Susan
Val
Nathan
Thing
Black Widow
Manifold maybe

a.k.a literally everything Hickman's written over the last 2 years. It's been like watching a Trekkie argue with a BattleStar Galactica nerd.

Thanks, though with a rebirth of the galaxy, I guess that could all change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"