• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

First Avenger Cap's Power Level

I don't think there would be a problem if they boosted Cap's power level to superhuman levels but still kept it pretty low key, at least compared to the likes of Thor and the Hulk.

he's not supposed to be superhuman...go back and look at Incredible Hulk....all the moves that Blonsky had fighting the Hulk on the SSS is how Cap is going to move...nothing superhuman about what he did

What Blonsky had wasn't the SSS. It was a failed attempt. They can do whatever they want with the real SSS cuz it hasn't been shown yet.

i would rather not see Cap doing something outside the range of his capabilities

Me neither, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I don't think there would be a problem if they boosted Cap's power level to superhuman levels but still kept it pretty low key, at least compared to the likes of Thor and the Hulk.

Well really, the whole point of this thread was the question I had that Marvel may have actually accurately put Cap's power level at a lower level then it should be.

As I said before, when you take into account that Cap is peak human in every area of athletics, the fact that every separate muscle group of his body is at the pinnacle of human perfection, he would actually have capabilities much higher than those of a peak human in their specialized athletic event.

Cap will be able to bench more than the best bench-presser in the world, since not only will his upper body be as strong as it could possibly be, his legs and core will be as well. He'll be faster than the fastest sprinter because he'll also have the power and strength of the strongest power-lifter, ect. ect.

So given this info, it wouldn't be crazy to think that 616 Cap could be close or at least closer to Ultimate Cap power levels than we thought. And when you throw in the adrenaline factor, there's really no telling what he could do.

However, even at his peak he would still be relatively low on the power level, next to people like Thor or the Hulk. Even if he could get to the point where he could lift 1 to 2 tons, it's not going to do much against someone who could lift 30 to 100.

well i would like to see with emil in tih it was a peak at what we could expect for steve rogers in captain america, though they may make him a little more powerful.

I'm still new to learning about Captain America. I've read quite a few comics, watched some of the cartoons, and so forth. But can someone explain to me the concept of Cap's abilities?

From what I understand he's the perfect specimen. So he's essentially a human being that can do extrodinary things. Obviously he's not powerful like Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, and Superman when it comes to speed and strength.

But I've always been confused about his abilities. So in a sense he's like Batman in the top physical peak department? Because I would think certain villains would wipe the floor with Cap.

he's supposed to be peak human,which he WAS when created in ww2,however subsequently super-humans appeared that are more powerful causing the power level problem discussed in this thread .
a universal tv movie pilot described his abilites as 100%full human potential,while the ULTIMATES series made him super human from the moment steve underwent the treatments

I don't really have a preference, personally, however I would like to make a point that I am not against Ultimate Cap-levels of strength. I'm not sure if the 616 quite has the "wow" factor necessary for a movie, since after being spoiled by the likes of Spider-Man seeing a guy who is just really athletic may come across as a bit underwhelming (seeing as that describes most action movie protagonists already). That doesn't mean that they have to show him as being like Spider-Man but without the sticky fingers and webs, but as for things like seeing him lift cars, I have a sort of "why not" attitude. If the premise of the movie is that it's like Saving Private Ryan if there was a superhero present, then I don't see the harm in actually allowing said hero to be truly super.

I'm still new to learning about Captain America. I've read quite a few comics, watched some of the cartoons, and so forth. But can someone explain to me the concept of Cap's abilities?

From what I understand he's the perfect specimen. So he's essentially a human being that can do extrodinary things. Obviously he's not powerful like Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, and Superman when it comes to speed and strength.

But I've always been confused about his abilities. So in a sense he's like Batman in the top physical peak department? Because I would think certain villains would wipe the floor with Cap.

Cap is different than Batman. While Bats is simply a supremely top level and top trained individual, Captain America is "peak human" in all aspects of his athletic ability.

So that means that Cap will be as fast as it is possible for a human body to be, as strong as it is possible for a human body to be, as quick as it is possible for a human body to be ect. ect.

Now, when the writers first came up with this, they gave Cap stats that reflected what the "peak" humans of the day could do. For example, they lifted Cap at being able to be able to bench around 600lbs.

However, this isn't completely accurate, because one thing the writers didn't take into account is that the human body is one functioning machine, and that each muscle group supports the other.

So, Cap would actually be able to bench more then the best bench-presser in the world, because not only is his upper body at it's peak strength level, his legs are also as strong as the strongest lower body lifter in the world as well. Cap would actually be faster than the fastest sprinter in the world, because his legs have the added power of the strongest lower body lifter in the world, ect. ect.

Each thing builds off the other, giving him added power. So really, 616 Cap is at a much higher level then the writers had him listed at.

And Timstuff, I more or less agree with you. I don't mind it if they give Cap Ultimate level strength, in fact, the point of this thread was to show that 616 Cap could be substantially more powerful than what his listings are at.

I agree that Cap should be significantly stronger, faster, ect... than any olympic class athlete (Batman) because he is a "Super-human" He's a low level super human, but super human non the less.

Rage

He should become stronger depending on how loud church choir boys can sing the star spangled banner!

=P

well 616 Cap said once that he was as strong as "half a platoon of fighting men". that is 10 men....approximately the same strength as ultimate cap. Btw, peak human, is approximately 6 times what you could normally do. Adrenaline closes that gap quite a bit, and if Cap is cabable of lifting 1000 lbs (as a human "could" do) with his muscle structure....multiply that by 6(approximately) and that is PEAK human.

well 616 Cap said once that he was as strong as "half a platoon of fighting men". that is 10 men....approximately the same strength as ultimate cap. Btw, peak human, is approximately 6 times what you could normally do. Adrenaline closes that gap quite a bit, and if Cap is cabable of lifting 1000 lbs (as a human "could" do) with his muscle structure....multiply that by 6(approximately) and that is PEAK human.

Where are you getting that? I've never read it anywhere. Not that I mind really, since I'm all for a more powerful Cap, but there's nothing I've read that's stated Peak human is 6times as powerful as a regular human.

my college biology prof.....however it WAS a community college...so that may be wrong.

See that's where I get confused. Perhaps I need it broken down or maybe someone can explain it better to me?

Okay, concept wise or physically wise I should say. How fast or how long should a human in peak condition should run? What should he lift in order to be compared to peak physical condition?

So in a sense when Cap is running he should be like an olympic sprinter and for strength wise a powerlifter?

i think you've got it last sunrise

See that's where I get confused. Perhaps I need it broken down or maybe someone can explain it better to me?

Okay, concept wise or physically wise I should say. How fast or how long should a human in peak condition should run? What should he lift in order to be compared to peak physical condition?

So in a sense when Cap is running he should be like an olympic sprinter and for strength wise a powerlifter?

He should be as fast as the fastest Olympic sprinter and as strong as the strongest powerlifter.

However, as I've been saying, one thing that we, and the original 616 writers didn't take into account is that the body is one functioning unit. Even though it doesn't seem like it would help, if you have a stronger lower body you'll be able to bench more.

So since Cap will have the leg strength of the strongest lower body lifter in addition to the upper body strength of the strongest bench-presser, he'll actually be able to lift more than the best bench-presser in the world.

He'll also be faster than the fastest sprinter, because he'll have the added power of being as strong as the best powerlifter in the world. Ect. ect.

Essentially, each ability works together with the others to elevate Cap to essentially a low level superhuman.

I think based on what we've seen in TIH that Cap will have "Super" strength and will be more than human perfection. If they went with Ultimate Cap's power levels I would be fine... I just don't want to see the Super-Running anymore...that ***** is goofy!!
Hey they pull it off pretty nicely in the first new bionic woman pilot
1978 superman ,the scene with Clark racing against the train was goofy.
as for Smallville !
this is getting ridiculous.

He should be as fast as the fastest Olympic sprinter and as strong as the strongest powerlifter.

However, as I've been saying, one thing that we, and the original 616 writers didn't take into account is that the body is one functioning unit. Even though it doesn't seem like it would help, if you have a stronger lower body you'll be able to bench more.

So since Cap will have the leg strength of the strongest lower body lifter in addition to the upper body strength of the strongest bench-presser, he'll actually be able to lift more than the best bench-presser in the world.

He'll also be faster than the fastest sprinter, because he'll have the added power of being as strong as the best powerlifter in the world. Ect. ect.

Essentially, each ability works together with the others to elevate Cap to essentially a low level superhuman.

See here is where i disagree in order for someone to be the fastest sprinter there body would need to built a certain way. And if you wanted to be a power lifter you would need to have a different build all together. So peak human abilities in all areas isnt atainable cause a power lifter by body type could not be fast and vice versa. So one doesnt really lend itself to helping the other. So since Caps abilities arent really going to be based on biology anyway so there really is no reason to try to figure out what a peak human could actually achieve. Just say hes super human, I would lean towards more powerful leave it at that and lets get to some nazi smashing

indeed cap is not as strong as the hulk or any other heavy weight like Thor or superman
but I remember he once reach the level of Spiderman's
after being poisoned by a foe called "the viper" if I recalled correctly he had to crawl with every once of his strength to get to the antidote the viper left behind
and then he had to crawl back and give some to the falcon laying unconscious at a few feet from him
I thought that cap America gain super strength because of the immense effort he had to make with a paralyzing poison in his vein !
and since falcon was already unconscious and didn't' t move any muscle with the poison in his blood, he didn't gain super strength like cap did .
but it turn out to be that cap America gain super strength because of the effect the of the poison with the mixture of the super soldier serum he already had in his blood.
my point his everybody has different perspective and understand things differently.
like some people still think that the Batman has super strength and he's immortal , I have a little local magazines with that statement.
but when I see professional in the comic industries trying to come up with something to give the advantage to Batman having a fist fight with Superman
then that really pisses me off !
Because they should know better
last Friday I saw the Batman against Dracula on TV and I was glad to see that some scenarist realized that there's no chance in hell that the batman could have a fist fight with Dracula and come up on top and I applaud him or her for that.

See here is where i disagree in order for someone to be the fastest sprinter there body would need to built a certain way. And if you wanted to be a power lifter you would need to have a different build all together. So peak human abilities in all areas isnt atainable cause a power lifter by body type could not be fast and vice versa. So one doesnt really lend itself to helping the other. So since Caps abilities arent really going to be based on biology anyway so there really is no reason to try to figure out what a peak human could actually achieve. Just say hes super human, I would lean towards more powerful leave it at that and lets get to some nazi smashing

Oh yes, I know this. But even at Cap's lowest power levels (the 616 stats) Cap would still not be able to do the things he could with his build. He has a strong yet slim athletic build, but he can still bench 600lbs, and also run a sub 3 minute mile. It's impossible.

You have to take into account that this is still fantasy. Yes, Cap wouldn't be able to have the body frame he does and still be the "peak human" we're describing, but he wouldn't be able to have the body frame he does and be able to do the things he does in the comics either. So it's just something you kind of have to go with.
[Diamondhead=quote]but I remember he once reach the level of Spiderman's [/quote]
Really? Because 616 Cap's stats are considerably lower. 616 Cap is listed at only being able to lift around 600lbs. Spidey is listed at being able to 10 tons. Quite a bit more than Cap.

Marvel outlines how powerful he is on their grid pretty well.

INTELLIGENCE = Learned (college educated)
STRENGTH = Peak human: able to lift over twice own body weight, up to 800 lbs.
SPEED = Normal (in his case I would say human but world record setting athlete) but don't discount enhanced endurance. Not getting tired does a lot.
DURABILITY = Enhanced
FIGHTING ABILITY = Master of virtually all conventional forms of combat

If that comes from the Marvel Universe published in the early 80s...then I say its a tad out-dated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"