First Avenger Captain America Easter Eggs Thread *Spoilers*

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
**PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD CONTAINS HEAVY SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK**

Here are the ones I found. Let me know if I missed any. I divided them up by franchise to make it easier.

Iron Man
-Howard Stark helped created the tech to create him and was directly involved in much operational planning and even missions
-Stark Industries responsible for most of the tech in the film
-Rogers attends a Stark Expo
-Shield made of Vibranium- what Tony is able to reproduce with his fathers clues in IM2
-Howard Stark finds the lost Tesseract at the end

Thor
-Tesseract a weapon left on earth by Odin during his battle with the Frost Giants in 965 AD in Norway (as shown in Thor)
-Yggdrasil wall art hides the Tesseract
-Asgardians were the "Gods" referenced throughout the film
-When the Tesseract reveals its true powers to Red Skull (before consuming him) the heavens are shown much like in Thor

Hulk
-Red Skulls deformed appearance is explained by his body's rejection of the serum because he was not worthy. It also drives him even madder. This is exactly what happens to Blonsky/Abomination in The Incredible Hulk.
-Super Soldier Serum is administered in a very similar way as it is to Blonsky in Hulk.

SHIELD
-Set up elaborate attempt to confuse Steve Rogers that it's still the 1940s in order to ease him into the present.
-Nick Fury appears at the end to tell him the truth.

General
-Stan Lee cameoed as a military officer at a Medal of Valor presentation for Steve, that he decides not to attend in order to keep fighting.
-Arnim Zola is first introduced as a giant distorted face on a screen
-Red Skull mentions that "the Fuhrer is too busy digging for trinkets in the desert" to look for a much more powerful item like the Tesseract. A direct reference to "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (which Johnston worked on- and borrowed from heavily in this film)
-Red Skull's death at the hands of the Tesseract was very similar to how the Lost Ark killed the Nazis in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

**PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD CONTAINS HEAVY SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK**

Here are the ones I found. Let me know if I missed any. I divided them up by franchise to make it easier.

Iron Man
-Howard Stark helped created the tech to create him and was directly involved in much operational planning and even missions
-Stark Industries responsible for most of the tech in the film
-Rogers attends a Stark Expo
-Shield made of Vibranium- what Tony is able to reproduce with his fathers clues in IM2
-Howard Stark finds the lost Tesseract at the end

Thor
-Tesseract a weapon left on earth by Odin during his battle with the Frost Giants in 965 AD in Norway (as shown in Thor)
-Yggdrasil wall art hides the Tesseract
-Asgardians were the "Gods" referenced throughout the film
-When the Tesseract reveals its true powers to Red Skull (before consuming him) the heavens are shown much like in Thor

Hulk
-Red Skulls deformed appearance is explained by his body's rejection of the serum because he was not worthy. It also drives him even madder. This is exactly what happens to Blonsky/Abomination in The Incredible Hulk.
-Super Soldier Serum is administered in a very similar way as it is to Blonsky in Hulk.

SHIELD
-Set up elaborate attempt to confuse Steve Rogers that it's still the 1940s in order to ease him into the present.
-Nick Fury appears at the end to tell him the truth.

General
-Stan Lee cameoed as a military officer at a Medal of Valor presentation for Steve, that he decides not to attend in order to keep fighting.
-Arnim Zola is first introduced as a giant distorted face on a screen
-Red Skull mentions that "the Fuhrer is too busy digging for trinkets in the desert" to look for a much more powerful item like the Tesseract. A direct reference to "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (which Johnston worked on- and borrowed from heavily in this film)
-Red Skull's death at the hands of the Tesseract was very similar to how the Lost Ark killed the Nazis in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Wasn't that a statue of the Torch as John Hammond at the Expo?

I'm pretty sure it was because Howard states how it's so rare, the shield is the only amount of it they have. In IM2 Howard states, through video, that he's hidden a special energy source for Tony to figure out how to make because he "was limited by the technology of his day".

Damn, do they actually kill off the Red Skull? Was hoping they would avoid the "kill the bad guy" cliche. I'd love to see them bring him back in a Cap sequel.

He's transported to another dimension is my impression.

Wasn't that a statue of the Torch as John Hammond at the Expo?

Yes, I do believe it was. Me and like 1 other guy at the theater caught that and geeked! Mayhaps it was the actual John Hammond. Phineas Horton could have been displaying him at the expo. :p

Yes, I do believe it was. Me and like 1 other guy at the theater caught that and geeked! Mayhaps it was the actual John Hammond. Phineas Horton could have been displaying him at the expo. :p

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was a statue or the actual article. Lol

SHIELD: Howard Stark's clunky, experimental floating car at the expo no doubt was a forerunner of the flying cars the SHIELD agents will be using in The Avengers.

GENERAL: This was more of a cinematography thing, but the motorcycle chase between Cap and the Hydra soldiers duplicated some shots from the speeder bike chase in Return of the Jedi.

Also, I assumed the Torch robot in the display case was a statue.

I just figured it was the actual Human Torch, before oxygen was let into the tank.

Come to think of it this would imply that we may have just had our first glance at Vision. :)

He's transported to another dimension is my impression.

That's the impression I got. I never thought he died, it wasn't clear enough (just like Bucky's death was ambiguous). It looked like he got transported to somewhere else in the World Tree, because it was the same effect they used for transportation in Thor.

I just figured it was the actual Human Torch, before oxygen was let into the tank.

What part was this? I somehow completely missed it!

Last edited:
What part was this? I somehow completely missed it!

It was at the world's fair. When they first flash inside (just before we see Stark) there is a tube in the foreground that has John Hammond in it, in his red and yellow costume.

It was at the world's fair. When they first flash inside (just before we see Stark) there is a tube in the foreground that has John Hammond in it, in his red and yellow costume.

Thanks, I'll have to keep an eye out.

I don't know if this counts as an easter egg, but there is totally a part in Cap where you can hear the Wilhelm Scream. I think it's when one of the Hydra dudes falls off his motorbike. XD

Just speculation but is it possible Red Skull entered Asgard bypassing Heimdall's vision, and spent the last 70 years collaborating with Loki?

Just speculation but is it possible Red Skull entered Asgard bypassing Heimdall's vision, and spent the last 70 years collaborating with Loki?

its possible. im positive Red Skull isnt dead, i think he was just transported to another realm. i dont think he would make it in Asgard without somebody noticing him. if he and Loki have met its probably safer to assume it was after Loki was transported away at the end of Thor

I'm also thinking he got transported, or else he'd of just vaporized like soldiers in the film when they got hit with cosmic cube weaponry, instead he was streamlined upwards into the heavens.

The Torch cameo was awesome, really did not expect that.

its possible. im positive Red Skull isnt dead, i think he was just transported to another realm. i dont think he would make it in Asgard without somebody noticing him. if he and Loki have met its probably safer to assume it was after Loki was transported away at the end of Thor

It's also entirely possible that the cube's power allowed Red Skull to be transported not only physically, but chronologically (that is, through time).

Yeah I don't think he's dead. Cap says "schimdt's dead" but it looked like he was obviously being sent to Asgard in that scene. He just gets blasted upwards into the sky.

Im glad you pointed out the Arnim Zola introduction in the opening post. I noticed that too and I didn't think anyone else did.

Speaking of Arnim Zola, and possibly receiving some sort of amnesty I'm wondering if he's gonna go and start up AIM.

I noticed these two easter eggs from The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man in Captain America

At the start of the transformation sequence for Steve his eyes have the same expression as Bruce Banner had when he was transforming into The Hulk.

When Howard Stark is experimenting with the energy element that would become Arc Reactor palladium core for Tony Stark in the future you can see on Stark's table early concept drawings of the arc reactor.

How about Bucky wielding the shield for that brief moment?
This one got a big smile from me.

Who am I kidding? I had a smile on my face the entire movie. My cheeks were freaking killing me afterward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"