• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises Casting Call (All Villains)

TheJuice said:
I think a problem people might notice, if Crispin were to become Joker, is that his voice is very quivery. It's almost rather nervous sounding.
Oh...so youre comic books talk to you?

Stewie Griffin said:
Oh...so youre comic books talk to you?

Well, one would expect Joker's voice to be very animated, and not intimidated.

American_Idiot said:
Jaime Pressly is more than a B-movie late-night Cinemax poptart. She has talent, and the role of Poison Ivy does not require someone of Julia Roberts calibur; just an actress with a beautiful bod/face who knows how to make the male audience members begin to sweat under their collars (which Pressly has down). Her face (the chin-line, the eyes, etc.) IS Poison Ivy, and her body is flawless. True, she has been in some pretty lame (late-night) movies/TV shows, but this could be her moment to shine. I am confident that she would nail the part if she were to get it.

Thanks to those who complimented my casting ideas; I have a few more I'll be posting soon.

Coulda done better than Julia Roberts for comparison.

Here's a few to kick around...

Joker.. Gotta stick with Glover.
crispinjoker.jpg

Two-Face.. Liev Schrieber
liev21.jpg

Harley Quinn Ashley Scott
ascott.jpg

or Shannon Sossamon/Catwoman
Shannyn-Sossamon.jpg

Penguin.. David Suchet
suchet.jpg

Riddler Berry Pepper
barry-pepper04.jpg

I know Suchet is a favorite but damn does he look perfect

Or..

Here's a few more for kicks...Might be interesting. Especially if Ra's and the League pops back up....some allies for him

Lady Shiva...Michelle Yeoh
michelle-yeoh02.jpg

David Cain...David Statham
101304_statham.jpg

Regular baddies...
Mr Freeze...Ben Kingsley
ben_kingsley.jpg

Mad Hatter...William H Macy
the-cooler-1.jpg

Catwoman...Melinda Clarke/or
melinda-clarke.jpg

Eva Longoria
tn_eva_longoria2.jpg

Poisin Ivy...Drea DeMatto
dematteo_d.jpg

Can't do better for Bane. Need a big guy fer that one eh...and to be honest you can transpose the ones for Catwoman with Talia.

Honestly..all these..Jolie..the rest? Jolie would make a good Taila as well.

Clive Owen as Two Face
Cate Blanchett as Poison Ivy
Thandie Newton as Cat Woman
Lucy Lawless as Red Claw
Jude Law as Edward Nigma
Mark Hammil or Crispin Glover as The Joker
Portia Di Rossi as Harley Quinzel

What if Jim Carrey re-did the Riddler, only non-camp. meh? eh?

The Joker - Adrian Brody or Lachy Hulme
Two Face - Guy Pearce
The Penguin - David Suchet
The Riddler - Hugh Laurie
Catwoman - Rachel Weisz
Rupert Thorne - Brian Cox
Harley Quinn - Britney Murphy

JOKER: Crispin Glover (probably the only one who could POSSIBLY top Nicholson's performance)

HARVEY DENT/TW0-FACE: Liev Schreiber (was my pick LONG before his name began popping up in sequel talks of late)

EDWARD NYGMA/RIDDLER: Hugo Weaving (originally had Edward Norton as my choice, but Weaving has since grown on me; either one's fine with me though)

SELINA KYLE/CATWOMAN: Angelina Jolie (a virtual NO-BRAINER here, lol)

JERVIS TETCH/MAD HATTER: Martin Short (looking like the actual character is scary enough)

PAMELA ISLEY/POISON IVY: Julianne Moore (in Nolan's take on the Batman franchise, she'd definitely be my pick)

KILLER CROC: Bill Goldberg (much as I like Vin Diesel, he doesn't quite have the size of someone physically able to look DOWN on Bale's Batman)

OSWALD COBBLEPOT/PENGUIN: Bob Hoskins (Suchet is much too "Poirot" for my tastes)

TALIA AL GHUL: Kate Beckinsale (5 years ago I would've picked Catherine Zeta-Jones in a HEARTBEAT; Maestro gets an honorable mention as well)

BANE: Batista (of WWE fame; doesn't he just LOOK like the very same character after he gets that "venom" stuff pumpin' through his system?!?!?! LOL)

VICTOR FRIES/MR. FREEZE: Daniel Day-Lewis (why not, he's an actor's actor anyway; 10 years ago Patrick Stewart would've CLEANED UP in this role! DAMN YOU, SCHUMACHER!!!!!!)

Joker - Vincent Gallo

Catwoman - Angelina Jolie (No contest)

The Riddler - Edward Norton (A cerebral, non-Joker rip-off Riddler, btw)

The Mad Hatter - Johnny Depp (Just look at him as Willy Wonka)

Mr. Freeze - Ben Kingsley (great pic, Salemdog)

Talia Al Ghul - Kate Beckinsale is almost a shoe-in anyway. She knows Bale from Laurel Canyon, great actress, not too huge, stunningly beautiful.

Other thoughts:

Bane - An ACTOR please. The wrestler thing didn't quite work out last time.

Two-Face - You've got me. I don't think it should be Cotton from Scream though.

The Penguin - Danny DeVito was actually very good despite the crap movie, but someone like that....

Poison Ivy - Lets try a natural redhead who also isn't Uma Thurman. Ugh...

Crispin Glover as The Joker
crispinjoker.jpg

Edward Norton as the Riddler
_edward_norton4.jpg
riddler.jpg

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman
nn010713.jpg

Brian Doyle Murray as the Penguin
TC_BAT9.4B.JPG

John Malkovich as Mr.Freeze
malkoauto.jpg
freeze1.gif

Not sure on Two Face,I guess I like Liev Schreiber as Two Face

Joker - Willem Defoe

Harvey Dent - Johnny Depp

Penguin - Dustin Hofman

Selina Kyle - Angelina Jolie

Harley Quinn - Faruzza Baulk

Too late, but with a moustache and glasses, Dennis Quaid IS James Gordon.

I'm one of the guys that think that the actor doesn't really have to look like the comic book character. That is why I am suggesting this:

Johnny Depp as The Joker
depp-sized.jpg

ace2k said:
I'm one of the guys that think that the actor doesn't really have to look like the comic book character. That is why I am suggesting this:

Johnny Depp as The Joker
depp-sized.jpg

I bet ya they could make Depp into an AWESOME Two Face.

SalemDog...nice picks for catwoman, especially sossaman, and for Harley and Ivy too.

im also glad to see more ppl turning to Shrieber for Two Face

I like the Angelina Jolie as Catwoman idea.
For Joker, either Johnny Depp or Jim Carrey.(Yeah I know he was the Riddler, but it's still a good idea.)
Two- Face- David Boreanaz
Poison Ivy- Tiffani Thiessen or Alyssa Milano
Riddler- Bruce Campbell
Penguin- Kevin James
Harley Quinn- Brittany Murphy or Jenny Mccarthy.

Joker: (my choice changes on a daily basis. There are a lot of good options)
Two-Face: Guy Pearce (My top choice. He's worked with Nolan and played a two-face in Count of Monte Cristo)
Catwoman: Angelina Jolie (She's an inch off Catwoman's height and a good actress)
Penguin: David Suchet (another perfect casting. A fan favorite and good actor. Kinda looks like him too)
Riddler: (same with Joker. A lot of good options)
Mad Hatter: Martin Short (looks like him and can play insane)
Mr. Freeze: Ben Kingsley (Great actor. It's time he did another good movie)
Talia: Kate Beckinsale (perfect choice IMO)

Honestly, Depp could pull off almost any of Batman's villains (besides the brutes and females of course). He's just THAT good.

THE JOKER
Willem Dafoe

THE PENGUIN
David Suchet

THE CATWOMAN
Angelina Jolie

TWO-FACE
Timothy Hutton

THE RIDDLER
Hugh Laurie

THE MAD HATTER
Malcolm McDowell

THE CLOCK KING
Christopher Lloyd

MISTER FREEZE
Christopher Walken

POISON IVY
Kate Beckinsale

ALBERTO FALCONE
Leonardo DiCaprio

MARIO FALCONE
Andy Garcia

I've refined my choices:

The Joker: I like Vincent Gallo, but Crispin Glover looks definitely the part and can probably kick ass.

Harley Quinn: Brittany Murphy is bonkers enough, I guess. Though I really like Fairuza Balk. She's already pale so they'd save on make up.

Catwoman: Angelina Jolie. Nobody compares. She's the comic brought to life. Sexy as all hell, long legs, beautiful cat-like eyes, but a scary first date. That's Catwoman to me.

The Penguin: I'm not sure about any of these, but Bob Hodgekins is looking pretty good.

The Mad Hatter: Johnny Depp I KNOW would be amazing, but Martin Short is just too good.

The Riddler: Hands down, Edward Norton. Absolutely no contest.

Mr. Freeze: MALCOVICH!! Kingsley's good though.

Two-Face: Definitely NOT ****ing Cotton Weary from Scream. Guy Pierce is fantastic. His doing Memento with Nolan puts him close before there's even talks about it.

Talia Al Ghul: Kate Beckinsale. Gorgeous, mysterious beauty. Also has done a movie with Bale before, so she's connected already.

Poison Ivy: NONE of you guys' picks have made me happy. I can't think of anybody either though. She needs to be the sexiest thing anybody's ever laid eyes on, a lot of the girls you all picked are pretty or cute but not what's needed. She also needs to be a redhead.

Oh, and NO WRESTLERS FOR BANE. Haven't we learned our lesson? I hate to speak ill of the dead, but that guy sucked and it wasn't just because of the script. No self-respecting human being would break through a wall and say "EXIT!" like that unless they didn't see anything wrong with it. Ugh...that memory won't go away now.

Another thing. Vin Diesel should NEVER, EVER, set foot 100 miles from this movie or any other for that matter. EVER.

And American_Idiot, I disagree. I think Depp could probably pull off the females pretty well too.

like i really believe nolan should give pearce a role in batman i mean memento is one of the greatest films of all time and guy was awesome

i say guy pearce for Riddler or two face

guy-pearce01.jpg

guy-pearce-2.jpg

pearce001.jpg

pearce the new riddler?

Slipping_Halo said:
And American_Idiot, I disagree. I think Depp could probably pull off the females pretty well too.

I just can't see Depp seducing Batman as Poison Ivy. I think audiences and bat-fans alike would be horrified. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"