Casting choices that they maybe had right the first time?

Drizzle

Harkissin'
Reaction score
I just read online that Rachel McAdams was the original choice to play Pepper Potts in Iron Man, but she turned it down. I think Gwyneth Paltrow did a fine job, but I would have much rather seen Rachel play the part. It also got me thinking about other actors that were either recast or turned down the role and would have probably been the better choice for the part.

Another one from the MCU is Emily Blunt as Black Widow. Now I like Scarlett Johansson fine, but Blunt probably would have gone the extra mile and given Natasha a Russian accent.

This next one might be a strange choice, but....Adam Sandler as Donowitz (aka "The Bear Jew") in Inglourious Basterds. I would have loved to see him in this role, especially since Eli Roth annoys the crap out of me.

A more recent one is Russell Crowe replacing Paul Bettany in Les Miserables. Now there isn't any sample of Paul Bettany singing anywhere, but it's possible he might have turned in a better performance than Crowe.

Agree? Disagree? What about other roles where you think they may have got the casting right the first time?

jjj_spider_man.jpg

Perfection.

Gwyneth Paltrow took a nothing part and made it the best non-Catwoman female role in any superhero film to date. I wouldn't change a thing with that casting.

Can you imagine the original version of Basterds with Sandler as The Bear Jew, Simon Pegg as Archie Hicox and Leo as Hans Landa?

I don't agree with any of those. All the casting choices worked for the best.

Gwyneth Paltrow took a nothing part and made it the best non-Catwoman female role in any superhero film to date. I wouldn't change a thing with that casting.

I'd give that title to Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy, but to each their own. I like Gwyneth as Pepper, but much like Kirsten Dunst as MJ, she's at her strongest in the first film and then gets a little annoying in the sequels.

I always fancied seeing Emily Blunt as Black Widow. I do love me some Scarlett, but I would have loved Emily Blunt. The same thing with Adam Sandler. He would have been awesome. Tarantino truly brings out the best out of actors.

Beat Female role in CBMs for me is Mystique. Gives alot despite little screentime

Black Widow would be a pretty terrible spy if she spoke with a Russian accent.

I liked Paltrow in the role and how she was actually an adult around Tony's age.

I think Chris Cooper as Jim Gordon would've been interesting.

Some of the rumored actors for previous incarnations of Watchmen sounded pretty good. I recall seeing Robin Williams brought up for Rorschach? Sign me up for that.

Wasn't Michael Keaton considered for Rorschach at some point? That would've been glorious.

It's just my opinion , but I think the other blonde kid in the running for a young Anakin Skywalker could of done better.

[YT]MZnbRpdXFaM[/YT]

It's just my opinion , but I think the other blonde kid in the running for a young Anakin Skywalker could of done better.

[YT]MZnbRpdXFaM[/YT]

Justin Berfield?! :eek:

The other blonde kid looks like he could've grown up to be DiCaprio. But then, of course, even DiCaprio wouldn't have been able to spin straw into gold with Episode II and III dialogue.

Actually, I liked Jake Lloyd. Not his fault Lucas is a great ideaman, but a terrible writer (as much as I love him and the Saga.)

I thought Lloyd did a better job doing what he was supposed to do that Hayden did.

I read John Krasinski was up for the Captain America role but the studio backed down from fanboy pressure. But I actually thought he'd be a good choice.

I read John Krasinski was up for the Captain America role but the studio backed down from fanboy pressure. But I actually thought he'd be a good choice.

I think that wouldve been interesting also. Evans is perfect though so I'm happy.

While I don't think this was the original casting idea, I always felt that in Superman Returns, they should have stuck Parker Posey as Lois Lane instead of Bosworth.

I hated Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane. That was a left field casting that didn't work at all.

I think Heath Ledger was in talks for the role of Bruce Wayne for Begins. Wonder what would have happened if he had been Batman and Bale had been Joker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"