Age of Ultron Paul Bettany IS The Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be that it isn't an IS but is given power by the scepter somehow, we know the scepter can be used to give or open up strange abilities in beings/machines if Ultron is also a product of it.

It could be that it isn't an IS but is given power by the scepter somehow, we know the scepter can be used to give or open up strange abilities in beings/machines if Ultron is also a product of it.

I personally do not think it is a IS, I hope it isn't.

Because this isn't the comics?

I don't get how people don't grasp this. The Power Gem isn't purple in the comics and whatever the hell the Aether turns out to be wasn't red.

I'm not necessarily sure I think Vision has an Infinity Stone but I do believe Loki's scepter is one of the Stones and will play a part in Vision's creation since it does help create Ultron.

So is the consensus that Vision's body is Professor Horton's 'Synthetic Man' seen in CA: TFA? If not, what will be the model for his form?

I'd be surprised if they brought back the Human Torch from TFA this late in the game. Some people are speculating (because of the merchandise) that Vision's body is somehow connected to the lab in Korea that Ultron attacks.

Whedon had this to say in SFX.

"Once again, he's someone who's completely different than anybody else in terms of his powers, his look, but also his perspective," Joss Whedon told SFX magazine of the Vision (Paul Bettany), who we finally caught a glimpse of during the "epic" latest Avengers: Age of Ultron threatrical trailer. "He's artificial life and he's not caught up in the in-house bickering and the pain and self-doubt. He shows up and he's very certain. But we're not certain what he's certain of! And Paul's great, because he's so gentle, so compelling, but at the same time you're like 'He's nice but... what if murdered me?'"

In the comics they consider Vision kinda creepy I think

avengers-066-04.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster.

I just to say how hard it is waiting to see Vision in this film but the long wait will be so worth it! The Vision is going to blow our minds when we see this movie. Also want to say I love the poster "TheVision" passion towards the character. You an me both share the same passion.

Not too long to go until we see The Vision in all his glory and what a wonderful site it will be.

Welcome to the hype

Hey, I am Vision Cubed! :cmad:;)

I mean I wasn't meaning to be a *****e with that comment, but it's the truth, they've change a bunch of stuff already, the cosmic cube isn't a gem in the comics either.

I don't get how people don't grasp this. The Power Gem isn't purple in the comics and whatever the hell the Aether turns out to be wasn't red.

Lmao

Screw the talk who wants to make a "wager" on whether it's a IS or not?

There was a scene where Vision went to the school where Black Panther worked and the principal noted there was something really...off and unsettling about him. He was disguised as a normal human but the principal noted that something seemed really creepy about his mannerisms and speech.

Lmao

Screw the talk who wants to make a "wager" on whether it's a IS or not?

Top go on record i don't think it is one, just don't think anyone should be attacked for speculating it could be.

Top go on record i don't think it is one, just don't think anyone should be attacked for speculating it could be.

Everyone must be attacked, different opinions are not allowedddd!

Lmao :hehe:

The only way I can imagine the IS theory working is that they break open the scepter and find that it was actually the mind/soul stone cloaked in Tesseract energy or something, similar to how the orb was able to contain the power stone. Only instead of containment, the tesseract energy allows the power of the mind/soul stone to be focused and aimed outward since unlike the other stones whose powers are inherently external forces the mind/soul stone's power might naturally be limited in effect to more of a one on one as an internal source unless it has something which can focuses and amplify the effects. So once breaking or clearing the Tesseract energy field , they are able to get a hold of the pure, actual stone which they then use on Vision.

That is the only way I can possibly bend the story so that the scepter still outputs tesserect style energy while accounting for the fact that so far all the other stones have been different colors while the scepter is pointedly colored identically to the tesseract. Of course in which case you still have that problem of Thanos handing such a powerful weapon over to Loki when those precise stones are what he is after.

I think it's way more likely the scepter is just a powerful weapon. Just because it isn't an IS doesn't mean it can't contain incredible powers. The Diviner/Terrigon Crystals are shown to be quite powerful, and they weren't even built solely as weapons. We've seen the casket of ancient winters, Mjolnir itself, Steve's shield/Vibranium, Fury's box, an element synthesized by Stark, and serums that do everything from giving you a fabulous beach body to turning you into a mad carver. There are plenty of magical and powerful things that exist in the MCU that aren't stones.

While I cannot wait for the Vision, his face in the trailer looks a little busy, with the different layers on his face.

I would've preferred something streamlined like this:

Avengers_Age_Of_Ultron_Unpublished_Character_Poster_i_JPosters.jpg

While I cannot wait for the Vision, his face in the trailer looks a little busy, with the different layers on his face.

I would've preferred something streamlined like this:

Avengers_Age_Of_Ultron_Unpublished_Character_Poster_i_JPosters.jpg

Picture doesn't work but me personally, I think Vision looks like a masterpiece.

Vision is beautifully designed. Doesnt need any changes.

As someone who doesn't have Vision in there name :oldrazz:

I'll also say from what we've seen he is perfect.

Agreed, I can see him getting an updated costume for Infinity Wars.

I think they tend to settle on costumes, it's really on Cap who keeps changing mostly cos his A1 one sucked, and TWS one was a stealth suit, then basically the TFA one. Rumors were his CW one will be pretty much identical to the AoU one.

So I think if fans continue to react to Vision's look like we have, then they will keep it.

Agreed, I can see him getting an updated costume for Infinity Wars.

I don't see why they need to give Vision an updated costume later; his AOU suit is perfect as it is. The Twins, however, will need better wardrobes because they look like runaways not superheroes, although it makes sense considering where they came from.

Looking forward to seeing Scarlet Witch get a proper outfit in future films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"