CC vs Ads!

Well now the junk ads disappear after a couple of seconds and are replaced with SHH ones.

So the junk ads kept appearing on the mobile version for me with an adblocker installed, so now I doubled on them and it works so far.

Now it won't give us the option to view the site with an adblocker.

Ok, so that pop-up that asks you to disable your adblocker has changed. It no longer allows you to dismiss it. You can't access the site unless you either unblock the ads, or "follow them on Twitter". I already do that... The link does nothing. And disabling my adblocker is not an option. The ads on this site make it borderline unusable.

The dismiss button is back now. So, that's good.

Ok, so that pop-up that asks you to disable your adblocker has changed. It no longer allows you to dismiss it. You can't access the site unless you either unblock the ads, or "follow them on Twitter". I already do that... The link does nothing. And disabling my adblocker is not an option. The ads on this site make it borderline unusable.
Download the BehindTheOverlay extension if you're on Chrome or Firefox.

With that said, even this doesn't circumvent the pop-up after page refreshes. Really infuriating design.

If this site keeps it up, I guarantee people would be leaving in droves. This is top-tier dick move to your users.

I got the same thing, making the site unusable. Good grief

The dismiss button wasn’t back for me on desktop. It is back for me on mobile though...which is good cause while the ‘follow on twitter’ button worked on desktop (got rid of the anti-Adblock pop up) it wouldn’t work on mobile (probably because on mobile it opens in the twitter app, instead of a browser pop up and so it doesn’t register the follow)

Yeah, the pop-up is changing every time I visit the site. Sometimes the button to close it is there, sometimes it isn't. Sometimes the link to their Twitter is an embedded Twitter widget, sometimes it's just a regular link. Whoever is changing the backend can't decide on one thing.

Yeah, after I posted and now coming back to the board a bit later, it had disappeared from mobile again. so I reloaded the page without content blocker, fine, stupid ads, then when I opened this thread in a new tab I got the pop up again and the dismiss button was back. This is highly annoying. I understand the need for ads... but when it makes the site unusable?

Disable adblock and then log in, then use adblock again. Fixed all this issue for me.

I don't mind ads if it helps support the forum & keeps them around, but having said that some of these ads are quite intrusive, particularly the long one on the right hand side of page & the one at the top. I few times the ads have appeared over the top of the forums functional links basically preventing me from checking things like my alerts & in general the forum navigation 'buttons' without actually clicking the ad.

Then the ones at the bottom are absolutely nothing but clickbait trash, even if I wanted to check one of them out, I wouldn't even click on any of them anyway for fear of getting a virus/malware.

I dread to think what it's like on my phone..

uBlock (or uBlock Origin) works well. Both are virtually the same but with a lot of apparent behind the scenes drama between the creators leading to a fork after a fallout.

Everyone who's facing this issue already has uBlock. And are facing this issue because they have uBlock, or some other adblocker.

It can be used to block elements as well, like that nag screen. All you have to do is right click the uBlock icon and block that element which keeps coming up.

This is beyond ridiculous. Seriously, if it wasn't so frustrating it'd be laughable.

I don't mind ads if it helps support the forum & keeps them around, but having said that some of these ads are quite intrusive, particularly the long one on the right hand side of page & the one at the top. I few times the ads have appeared over the top of the forums functional links basically preventing me from checking things like my alerts & in general the forum navigation 'buttons' without actually clicking the ad.

Then the ones at the bottom are absolutely nothing but clickbait trash, even if I wanted to check one of them out, I wouldn't even click on any of them anyway for fear of getting a virus/malware.

I dread to think what it's like on my phone..
Yeah the funny thing is I work in advertising. Literally my livelihood is in ads. But I still use adblockers because they're so intrusive online.

I’m cracking up because I use Firefox they just had a huge problem with all add-ons, so I’m getting all kinds of ads on all websites.

Right now, I’m using my phone’s Firefox browser. The little pop up comes back here and there for this website.

I had to switch to a new popup blocker because my ad block plus got corrupted and I can't re-download it.

I switched from uBlock Origin to uBlocker and it seems to work.

The Continue Without Supporting Us option is back again... But for how long?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"