Chaos Cinema

dark_b

Avenger
Reaction score
this is a fantastic video that shows that something is wrong in hollywood. i am so happy that they also have Nolan's movies. because of Nolan a lot of SHH members will ignore this video. denial. but it is what it is. the Mumbai chase didtn work. end of story. :bow:

http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/08...y-on-the-confusing-state-of-modern-filmmaking

what Paul Greengrass was doing with dialoge scenes in Bourne was an insult to the eyes :o

It's not Mumbai btw.

In general fight scenes in modern films are losing that wow factor and artistiatic value unless it's an Asian martial arts film.

It's true that most films are losing that artistic value in action scenes. But I also don't want to sound like one of those film snobs that thinks all movies should meet a certain requirement.

Let's take a look at Cowboys and Aliens or Avatar. They may not fit into what elitest consider "good movies" for whatever reason. But they are fun and enjoyable regardless and that's all that matters because those types of movies (even Transformers) were made for a specific crowd that wants a specific thing. I think there is room for films like that and films that are more artistic.

It's not Mumbai btw.

In general fight scenes in modern films are losing that wow factor and artistiatic value unless it's an Asian martial arts film.

To be honest though, for me at least, Asian martial arts have also lost that wow factor and are quite boring. It's more of the same I've been seeing for years. All I know is the hallway fight in Inception was something a bit different and fresh at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"