Characters from Marvel TV that you feel should/could appear in the movies

eddy

Make Mine Marvel
Reaction score
Which characters do you think should legitimately appear in one of the Marvel Studios films? Not just any character can appear in the films as they need to come off as larger than life on the big screen. At the same time some actors have played characters and brought a certain quality to their acting that could stand against the RDJ's and SJ's of the film cast. I think some of the smaller side characters could blend into the films pretty well too without it seeming too jarring even if its a minute cameo. This thread is strictly limited to characters that have already appeared in one of the multiple Marvel Television series otherwise every other post would be about Heroes for Hire or another yet to be introduced character. So for now until the rest of the shows appear, only limit your suggestions to Daredevil, Agent Carter, and SHIELD.

Personally I think Lorelei could easily play a side villain in a Thor film. The actress was really good and would play nicely along side Hiddleston's Loki. I also think Daredevil and Kingpin of course would fit in nicely in a Spider-Man film. The Koenigs in the background of a scene involving Nick Fury freaking out Tony Stark. Quake is a obvious choice and also Mockingbird. I'd like to see James Darcy's Jarvis appear in the films if they ever decide to do flashbacks to that era again featuring Howard Stark maybe aged up with Tony as a child although that may bring up Batman comparisons.

Most of these actors are good and could easily act beside the MCU film cast. Any additions or objections to mine? Feel free to chime in.:mnm:

I don't know about playing major roles, but a cameo might be nice. Like Lorelei could be in a prison cell at Asgard.

Chloe Bennett as Skye/Daisy Johnson AKA "Quake" from Agents Of Shield should make an appearance in the final Avengers movie but she will probably show up in an Inhumans movie.

Quake has no star power. She's Maria Hill, with powers. There's already huge prejudice against her because she was the 'viewpoint' character that everything revolved around.

I'd love to see Lorelei in Ragnorak, but only if her sister Amora is there. Lorelei really is secondary in importance to Enchantress.

Mockingbird's comic story importance was passed over to make Hawkeye the ordinary touchstone person with ordinary family. She doesn't have much place in the greater MCU anymore, except as a SHIELD agent. I'd love to see her connected to Hawkingbird though.j

O_O This is the first time I realized James D'arcy and Paul Bettany are two different people. All this time, I thought Tony Stark used his father's butler Jarvis to create JARVIS who become Vision, and that therefore they were all played by the same person. Yes, a flashback would be cute.

Daredevil with Spider-man feels like it needs a movie of its own. Death of Jean DeWolff or something. If he cameos, he should be part of a train of older heroes Spider-man is confronted with. Otherwise, its a waste of hype.

Kingpin in Spider-man. Yes, please. Ideally, we get the Ultimate Spider-man scene where Fisk slaps Spidey silly--utter defeat and humiliation. Unfortunately, the hilarious fall onto the glass window of the skyscraper restaurant was already used in a Raimi Spider-man movie.

The second scene should be straight out of Jim Owlsley's Gang War. Spider-man gets played for a chump by everybody and heads to give Kingpin what for.

Spider-Man-Gang-War-04.jpg

Spider-man challenges him, but Kingpin refuses to rise or respond, except verbally. He taunts Spider-man with Spider-man's own restraints, because the hero won't attack a man who won't fight back. To Kingpin, Spider-man is just a child to be manipulated, and Spider-man realizes that this villain is too complex for him to bring down with punching. Kingpin says that Spider-man serves him, in his own way, and suggests putting Spider-man on his payroll. Spider-man leaves and Kingpin belatedly realizes that Spider-man glued him to his own chair.

EDIT: Rereading, I think I posted the wrong page. I know the scene occurred as I have described but I can't remember which storyline it was in.

I feel this scene encapsulates the difference between Spider-man and Daredevil. ..I suppose you could make this a Daredevil/Spider-man movie as well, but DD would be the ambivalent bad guy.

Last edited:
Daredevil, Punisher, Quake and even Deathlok could be in the movies, IMO they should be in CW to beef up the rosters.

Daredevil, Punisher, Quake and even Deathlok could be in the movies, IMO they should be in CW to beef up the rosters.

I disagree. They're already pushing it with 13 heroes.

The character I'd like to see in the movies at some point is Mockingbird, but to be honest I doubt any of them will be showing up anytime soon.

It's a shame about Ben Urich, because he's the most logical choice they had for moving between the movies and TV shows.

I disagree. They're already pushing it with 13 heroes.

The character I'd like to see in the movies at some point is Mockingbird, but to be honest I doubt any of them will be showing up anytime soon.

It's a shame about Ben Urich, because he's the most logical choice they had for moving between the movies and TV shows.

Well I disagree back:cwink:.

For me CW is not really a war with the teams as is, more of a street skirmish, but I will see how it plays out.

-Quake (give her some scenes with Nick Fury).
-Mockingbird.
-The Netflix heroes (DD, JJ, Luke Cage, Iron Fist).
-Lorelei (as a villain in a Thor film, perhaps alongside her older sister).
-Melinda May (as a friend/sparring partner of BW).
-Kingpin (as a greater MCU villain).
-The Punisher.
-Claire Temple (in the Doctor Strange film).
-Deathlok.
-Glenn Talbot (alongside Thunderbolt Ross perhaps).

Absorbing Man for Hulk or Spidey. Graviton for the Avengers.

Daredevil
Kingpin
Luke Cage
The Punisher
Claire Temple
Mockingbird
Melinda May
Quake
The Absorbing Man
Graviton
Glenn Talbot

They almost need to make a Spider-man film with a King Pin cameo at the end. Then setup for a world where other people can confront Spider-man but King Pin calls the shots behind the scenes, on issues that Spider-man just can't see readily at the street level.

Daredevil, Kingpin and anyone else from that show easily. Jessica Jones shows a lot of promise as well. I also hope we continue to see Peggy Carter show up.

F*** everyone from SHIELD though, other than Coulson. I don't need to ever see that group of bland actors appear in anything. Yeah, Chloe Bennet is hot and Ming Na has been good in other things but I'm glad the Marvel movie universe has distanced itself from that big ball of mediocrity.

"Coulson, Son of Coul, Detains the Marvel Universe!"

Essentially have Phil Coulson flying around with his small team taking down and cataloguing all the Marvel heroes (when asked if he should use the rest of Shield the answer is nah why risk them?). You could advertise it somewhat in the vein of Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe. Have Lola outfitted with those special guns Coulson uses to kill Garrett at the end of Season 1 (sort of a car security system if anyone gets too close). Avengers disassemble! :cwink:

Last edited:
Definitely Fisk seeing as he is arguably Marvel's greatest villain so far.

If the rumors are true that MCU and the Marvel Television divisions don't get along I don't see how it could be possible for cameos or team ups. If true, what was the purpose of expanding the Universe and having a continuity if they can't mix?

I wouldn't put too much stock in that rumor. The logistics of doing crossover content is just difficult. Last season of AoS used a few movie characters.

I hope Daredevil shows up in Infinity War or somewhere else. There were rumors that he would. And yeah, I get that he's "just a normal guy protecting his neighborhood" but I'm confident he could kick Hawkeye's ass easily and maybe even Black Widow's, so if they're tough enough to go up against aliens and robots, then he sure as hell could too.

-Quake (give her some scenes with Nick Fury).
-Mockingbird.
-The Netflix heroes (DD, JJ, Luke Cage, Iron Fist).
-Lorelei (as a villain in a Thor film, perhaps alongside her older sister).
-Melinda May (as a friend/sparring partner of BW).
-Kingpin (as a greater MCU villain).
-The Punisher.
-Claire Temple (in the Doctor Strange film).
-Deathlok.
-Glenn Talbot (alongside Thunderbolt Ross perhaps).

I thought Talbot appeared in The Incredible Hulk before he appeared in AOS?

Talbot was in Hulk, but that was a different actor and continuity.

Talbot was in Hulk, but that was a different actor and continuity.

Oops, thanks. I actually somehow came under the impression at some point that he appeared in Incredible Hulk played by same actor from AOS and I wasn't thinking about Ang Lee's Hulk film or Josh Lucas but I just checked IMDB and he's definitely not in Incredible Hulk.

I hope Daredevil shows up in Infinity War or somewhere else.

Infinity War won't be out for another 3 years so trust me, any rumors you're hearing at this stage are almost certainly someone posting their fan theories.

"Coulson, Son of Coul, Detains the Marvel Universe!"

Essentially have Phil Coulson flying around with his small team taking down and cataloguing all the Marvel heroes (when asked if he should use the rest of Shield the answer is nah why risk them?). You could advertise it somewhat in the vein of Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe. Have Lola outfitted with those special guns Coulson uses to kill Garrett at the end of Season 1 (sort of a car security system if anyone gets too close). Avengers disassemble! :cwink:

Whoa someone came up with an idea to make me care even less about Coulson!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"