• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Characters you want to see make a comeback

superman-mos

Civilian
Reaction score
Who are the characters that you wanna see make a comeback to the forefront of DC . It seems it's been way to long we've been losing great characters for the sake of diversity , shock, and etc. Now I don't mean having diversity is a bad thing but in comics that usually means killing off or rebooting a fan favorite character to be something different instead of just being creative and coming up with something new. Anyways growing up and having fond memories of the "Superfriends " , I miss those characters . So here is the ones I miss

Ronnie Raymond /Firestorm- such a great character that hasn't been allowed to grow up and every appearance seems to keep the "dumb college kid" Persona . Let him grow

Ray Palmer / The Atom- another classic . He needs a comeback

Plastic man - he has so much potential to be more than just comic relief . With the success of Scott Lang/Ant-man for marvel I think Plastic man can fit that mold for DC

Wally West. I don't care whether Wally's black or white in the new continuity, just restore him to the great character he was prior to the New 52 reboot. But part of that was Wally's being the first (and arguably only) character to fulfill the implicit promise of the sidekick by taking over for and eventually surpassing his mentor. The TV show and DC's current slavish devotion to Silver Agers as the iconic versions of all their major characters means that'll never be allowed again.

Bruce Wayne? Though that's happening. :o

So in seriousness, The Question.

Ted Kord Blue Beetle

Ted Kord Blue Beetle

Ted Kord Blue Beetle

Ted Kord Blue Beetle

Ragman
Plastic Man
Animal Man
Detective Chimp
Kyle Rayner (not sure of his current status, I'm behind on GL titles, last I read was New Guardians vol 4 or 5, can't remember)
Etrigan (same as Kyle, not sure on current status)
Black Adam

I wanna see hawkman make a good comeback as well. Although his new 52 run wasn't awful , I miss the old hawkman. I wanna see them play up his archeological background . Have a good mix of superhero/Indian jones in the book.

Ted Kord / Blue Beetle has always been a favorite

The Metal Men would be great as well

Haha Zauriel

That's a deep cut right there

I'd like to see Scarlett make a comeback. She was left as a cliffhanger as her false face apparently fell off. I liked her as a warped version of Robin. I'd like to see her graduate to a warped Nightwing.

Kyle Rayner (not sure of his current status, I'm behind on GL titles, last I read was New Guardians vol 4 or 5, can't remember)
He's technically still around in Omega Men, although I think he's just a hostage of the Omega Men. I haven't actually read it myself, though, so I'm not sure exactly what's going on.

So as I'm watching previews for Legends of Tomorrow I got thinking how cool of a comic series this would make . Each 6-12 issue story arc covering Rip Hunter assembling a team to handle a crisis in time . Going back and interacting with the likes of Jonah Hex , Dan Garrett, Sgt. Rock and so on . Would be a great way of using some great characters who aren't in a book at the moment . Rip recruiting Plastic Man, Ted Kord, The Atom, Metamorpho , etc .

Ted Kord Blue Beetle

Ted Kord Blue Beetle

Ted Kord Blue Beetle

Ted Kord Blue Beetle

So as I'm watching previews for Legends of Tomorrow I got thinking how cool of a comic series this would make . Each 6-12 issue story arc covering Rip Hunter assembling a team to handle a crisis in time . Going back and interacting with the likes of Jonah Hex , Dan Garrett, Sgt. Rock and so on . Would be a great way of using some great characters who aren't in a book at the moment . Rip recruiting Plastic Man, Ted Kord, The Atom, Metamorpho , etc .

DiDio: Who? Why? We hate Ted Kord and prefer him dead.

Though I agree with you guys, but yeah DC hates Ted Kord I truly feel.
Bring back The Creeper damn it and no, not this demonic Creeper crap, classic Ditko/O'Neil Creeper.

DiDio: Who? Why? We hate Ted Kord and prefer him dead.

Though I agree with you guys, but yeah DC hates Ted Kord I truly feel.
Bring back The Creeper damn it and no, not this demonic Creeper crap, classic Ditko/O'Neil Creeper.

I think the legends concept in comic form would be awesome. I can see Rip Hunter trying to keep a team of Creeper, Blue Beetle, Animal Man, Major Force from killing one another to complete a mission . Another one of love to get back is Adam Strange . Miss him

The Question, Jonah Hex (they should not have cancelled All Star Western,) Mr. Freeze (I HATE the New 52 origin.)

The Question, Jonah Hex (they should not have cancelled All Star Western,) Mr. Freeze (I HATE the New 52 origin.)

Mr. Freeze's is umm... well, yeah. At first I didn't mind as I felt it made him really creepy, dark and more villainous but it made Bruce look like a dick and in the end kind of took away the connection ones can make with Freeze.

Yeah the All-Star Western was great! No need to cancel it but I'm sure it was selling like crap. I need more Jonah Hex in my life cause I LOVED that series.

Wally West. I don't care whether Wally's black or white in the new continuity, just restore him to the great character he was prior to the New 52 reboot. But part of that was Wally's being the first (and arguably only) character to fulfill the implicit promise of the sidekick by taking over for and eventually surpassing his mentor. The TV show and DC's current slavish devotion to Silver Agers as the iconic versions of all their major characters means that'll never be allowed again.
I'd like Wally back, too. Thanks, Geoff Johns, the first domino to put him in the backseat. Then the tv show, then the movie will set Wally back for years to come. It's sad.

Bruce Wayne? Though that's happening. :o

So in seriousness, The Question.
YES! The Question was so out of place in Trinity of Sin. I mean, why do that? I'd be fine if they Renee Montoya'd it up and mixed her with Batwoman again. The relationships in two ways. Love, occult, and street-level baddassery.

Ragman
Plastic Man
Animal Man
Detective Chimp
Etrigan (same as Kyle, not sure on current status)
Black Adam
Ragman is so cool. Ha! Detective Chimp. I miss Shadowpact. Course, they could also do the Sentinels of Magic and make that a title, now that Justice League Dark isn't a thing anymore.

I wanna see Ambush Bug more! And not used for the DC ads/Channel 52 stuff. I want a title, durnit.

Ambush Bug is another one. Irreverent humor is HUGE now. I can't comprehend why DC isn't tapping into the likes of Ambush Bug and Beetle/Booster.

I'd like to see the relatively obscure Luma Lynai dug up and given an overhaul.

-The Shade
-The Knight Family (Specifically Jack Knight as Starman)
-Bwann'a Beast

Its been awhile since I posted here. Wonder if you guys/gals remember me.

-The Shade
-The Knight Family (Specifically Jack Knight as Starman)
-Bwann'a Beast

Its been awhile since I posted here. Wonder if you guys/gals remember me.

Shade is all kinds of creepy. lots of potential there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"