Child's Play : The Series

So far Im really enjoying this series can not wait for Episode 4

Major Spoiler if you haven't seen Episode 3 yet

I thought it was interesting and a nice twist that they didn't try to humanize a serial killer. Time and time again we watch these movies and sometimes they try to get us to sympiozize with the villain saying well he wouldn't be this way if this didn't happen in his life. Well not this series the fact that we learn that young Charles kills his mom just to impress a serial killer pretty much proves this kid was messed up from the start

I just binged 1-5… this is amazing. It’s funny, inventive with kills, and pretty progressive and interesting.

Honestly only love the first film and merely appreciate Bride thru Cult on behalf of Don still going at it…, but Don has hit a special place with this show. It’s crazy how all of this is one huge timeline and I love it.

The three best “shots” are Chucky trick or treating, Chucky playing video games, and Chucky playing in the needle/discharge dumpster at the hospital.

The retro flashbacks are a highlight. As well as Fiona playing her dad in the 80’s era Charles Lee Ray… chef’s kiss.

I like this show and even committed to buying it so I wouldn't have to look for it week to week, but I find it disappointing story wise. Having Chucky focus solely on killing off the bullies/bigots in Jake's life would have worked better at establishing his relationship with Jake as a friend/ally. Instead he kills the housekeeper just because he can. Chucky hitting Jake was another issue for me. Chucky should be building trust with Jake early on, not behaving like his terrible father did. We know Jake and Chucky will eventually have conflict and Jake will see Chucky for what he is but this begins in like episode 2.

I like this show and even committed to buying it so I wouldn't have to look for it week to week, but I find it disappointing story wise. Having Chucky focus solely on killing off the bullies/bigots in Jake's life would have worked better at establishing his relationship with Jake as a friend/ally. Instead he kills the housekeeper just because he can. Chucky hitting Jake was another issue for me. Chucky should be building trust with Jake early on, not behaving like his terrible father did. We know Jake and Chucky will eventually have conflict and Jake will see Chucky for what he is but this begins in like episode 2.

Yup, Chuckys a terrible person and his behavior and everything he does is from his psychotic attempts at manipulation. He can’t help but kill when he can. Nothing he has done has been out of character for him.

Yup, Chuckys a terrible person and his behavior and everything he does is from his psychotic attempts at manipulation. He can’t help but kill when he can. Nothing he has done has been out of character for him.

I agree, which is why I'm disappointed lol. I wish it was closer to what Mancini's Blood Buddy script sounded like, the doll is like a pathway for Andy's (Jake's in this case) rage.

I won't be too negative though, it's an enjoyable watch. The dolls are the best quality we've seen in a long time, much better than in Curse of Chucky. All the young actors are good, especially Lexi. I don't get people that want her killed off, she's too fun of a character.

jPglZ2T.gif

Watched the previous episode and watching the season finale right now, and damn! Jennifer Tilly’s performances in this, and these flashbacks with the voice dubbing are killing me softly.

I have to watch this series in full when it hits Peacock lol.

This show was a mixed bag for me overall, but I'm still interested in a Season 2. The finale was fun and I like where it ended, but Mancini's writing is still a huge problem for me and it really showed here once it got to the second half and they started bringing in all the Curse/Cult of Chucky stuff.

Fiona Douriff is a very talented actress IMO, but I think she deserves better than what they have been giving her and the same goes for Jennifer Tilly who I have always liked as Tiffany despite the fact that I know some people who never liked her character, but even she got on my nerves at times during this.

Brad Dourif is still as fantastic as ever as Chucky though even at 71 years old.

Plotting, maybe… but the dialogue is legendary considering this is a horror tv show about a murderer doll.

I haven’t laughed this hard, outside of Succession or Nora From Queens. And, the dark comedy/kill scenes are pretty inventive/spectacular especially concerning the drivel being released in theaters as horror movies.

The last two episodes were a little out there but still fun and hilarious

Glad to hear that they’re doing a second season

Finally started it, watched the first two episodes. Generally enjoying it, but I feel there are some weird pacing/editing going on.

Just started this and it feels very Early 00s. It's so ridiculous and cheesy but I love it.

Finished the first season finally, really enjoyed it. Love that they ended the first season with
Chucky just sitting by a fireplace recapping his kill count for the season and speculating about the dangling plot threads lol. Was nice to see the Tiffany doll again at the end, too. Looking forward to seeing more of that next time! The development of Junior was pretty nuts and well built towards. All the kids did great jobs, they're all welcome additions to the franchise. I feel really bad for Nica, she just can't catch a break and that last scene with her... oof.

Last edited:
they have the entire first season on Peacock been watching almost done with episode 3 god this show is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"