• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

China Is Pissed Off At The U.s.

where the hell is china getting all this food to send to the world? i simply do not understand it, they are over populated as all hell, i would figure the only thing they would export would be products, not food. and they have been living off that land for a **** ton of years, it can not be producing that much food.

china creeps me out to say the least.

Well better they get thins stuff out of their systems now than in 20 years when their a super power with a 500 million people army filled with jacki chans and jet lis with a super econemy.

Not going to derail the topic, but do some more research into what happened. It definitely was Genocide, and should be labeled as such, even if it does do a little damage to our "War on Terror".

i'm not claiming it wasn't one. i just don't think it's beneficial to label it that now, after all this time, at this particular point in time, with all that's going on. they have better, more important issues to work on than this.

i'm not claiming it wasn't one. i just don't think it's beneficial to label it that now, after all this time, at this particular point in time, with all that's going on. they have better, more important issues to work on than this.

how do you think that would look to everyone if they sided over with Turkey over the armenian genocide.

It would make Americans look like A holes who will stick with their buddies as long as it serves them. The moral high ground would be damaged when dealin with rogue states at places like the UN.

I'm just playing devils advocate here

how do you think that would look to everyone if they sided over with Turkey over the armenian genocide.

It would make Americans look like A holes who will stick with their buddies as long as it serves them. The moral high ground would be damaged when dealin with rogue states at places like the UN.

I'm just playing devils advocate here

i see your point, but this happened decades ago. i just don't see the point in jumping on this issue now, with so many more important issues that need attention. i agree that it should be labeled a genocide, but it's just not a pressing matter at this point. are we trying to win over the armenian people for something to where this would benefit us right now?

I actually applaud Bushie for recognizing the Dalai Lama in this way (I feel dirty, now), but Tibet and the Dalai Lama have LONG been a hot button for the Chinese government so there should be no surprise that they would protest this award...the JACKASSES! :cmad:

jag

I don't know why Bush felt he had to do this. But I could care less about China being pissed!!

You should care,most of what you buy is from China in some way.If they refuse to seel to America..you will be in very big trouble.

As for China,the communist government is slowly falling appart.It's only a matter of time before a Democracy is put up...and no more cheap labour will come from that country.Hence a rise in overall products.

Well, if we don't buy products made in China, we wouldn't have the problem with lead paint. But, generally, Americans would rather have things cheap then safe.

You should care,most of what you buy is from China in some way.If they refuse to seel to America..you will be in very big trouble.

As for China,the communist government is slowly falling appart.It's only a matter of time before a Democracy is put up...and no more cheap labour will come from that country.Hence a rise in overall products.

You don't think some other country would step in and fill that gap considering the insane ratio of trade (favoring china)? Taiwan has been wanting that for a long time.

You really think democracy will do all that? I guess those sweat shops I've seen in America and all those people getting paid below minimum wage was a mirage huh?

China actually makes some pretty amazing products along with @hitty ones, but that's true about every country on earth. China actually leads the world in many forms of tech, not the least of which being construction.

Well we can keep our jobs over here where they belong!! We frikkin' employ everybody over there! They would be in just as much trouble!:cmad:

Well, if we don't buy products made in China, we wouldn't have the problem with lead paint. But, generally, Americans would rather have things cheap then safe.

Attitudes are changing on that. New polls show that Americans would pay a little more for safe goods.

Looks like the U.S. will have to find another country to make it's flags

Well we can keep our jobs over here where they belong!! We frikkin' employ everybody over there! They would be in just as much trouble!:cmad:

well I'm not sure their are enough people willing to do those jobs at such low wages unless their immigrants.

anyway its good for globalization for other countries to do certain jobs. If there was not people in these poorer countries making this stuff their econemy could go down the toilet and then they would need aid and its developed nations like american who is gonna be paying for them. So may as well let them make their own buck

Any how after the lead toy thing the chinese goverment has cracked down on these companies about quality control of their products. It gave china a bad image and without these kind of jobs it would hurt the countries economy so its in the chinese best intrests to have safe products.

You all need to see the Animaniacs episode "Wally Llama"...very funny :woot: :hyper:

since when is anyone NOT pissed off at U.S?

YOU don't employ anyone.
large multinational corporations employ people in china.
or what? you would impose some sort of government regulation on where companies can manufacture their goods?
what are you? some sort of commie/fascist?:cmad:

The Dali Lama might be one of the most worthless figures of head ever. What exactly has he done for Tibet pray tell?

he has worn that stylish red/gold ensemble.
and worn it well.

the Dali lama should have a part in the Dragon Ball Z movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"