Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

Unofficiall concept art of Gorr.

jake-mann-gorr-v03c-full.jpg

jake-mann-gorr-sketches.jpg

Unofficiall concept art of Gorr.

jake-mann-gorr-v03c-full.jpg

jake-mann-gorr-sketches.jpg

That looks really cool. I think he could transition very well to the big screen, but I think I'd like some more darkness for him than Ragnarok had. Perhaps a little bit of what I hope Into the Multiverse of Madness will have.

He looks like a male version of those alien women in Jabba the Hut's fortress (or the blue lady singing on 5th Element) bitten by a vampire with face pressed against a glass window smushing the nose up a bit.

Yeah, I'm not digging the leotard and the character's origin sounds kind of lame and was killed off unlike many classic villains so yeah I hope he's more or less someone maybe Hela stole the necrosword from as is seen in Ragnarok. I think he doesn't work so well in Love and Thunder but hey we'll see...

Gorr is a very good addition to the Thor mythos and has oodles of potential in the MCU if they took his origin seriously.

For some weird reason i actually see Ryan Gosling as Gorr.
And this idea is sparked from the apparent meeting Taika had with RG a while back. I started to wonder who RG could play in the MCU and after looking at some imagery of Gorr i thought he could totally fit that.

Like Gorr, RG has kind of a pale complexion, he isn't a big guy and neither is Gorr... He has a sense of humor.
Looking at how Taika took Cate Blanchett and turned her into Hela i could totally see him turning RG into Gorr.

Also in Ragnarok things where pretty much balanced out between male and female. We had Thor, Hulk, Loki and then we had Hela, Valkyrie... Since we already know Love & Thunder will have a strong female presence with Jane Foster Thor, Valkyrie... i could see them balancing it out with Thor, BRB and Gorr.

Just thinking about a Thor movie with both Gorr and BRB...

source.gif

I had an interesting idea regarding the villain of this story. If it’s Mangog then It would be pretty ingenious to have him communicate through telepathy. We really haven’t had something like that before. It would be such a cool, fresh and intriguing angle which would add so much more layers to Thor’s character as well since he’s battling with himself in AEG and that could kind of creep up on him once again.

Mangog is basically a hateful and juiced up monstrous version of the Juggernaut. Mangog in terms of being able to ditch and take damage, should be similar to Kurse... but much more imposing and scary.

Adding telepathy gives the character of Mangog a more layered and also smart look at him other than just being a weapon of mass destruction. His telepathy could be use to create a more intimate duel with Thor, getting into his head and messing with him while also being a basically unstoppable physical being. Hence the need for more characters to join the fight and help Thor snap out of it and battle an adversary of pure hatred.

Well... if they used Mangog they better do a better job than they did with Kurse.

Someone on twitter told me Korvac is one of the villains and that BRB would have a supporting role

idk if it’s true but it sounds interesting

You know who could be a great Gorr?
Mo-cap and voice?

Bill Nighy.

latest

Honestly, I was expecting to see an April 1st date on that article.

Talk about one guy I never expected to see in the MCU, lol. No idea who he's playing but this is certainly exciting. Though it might just be for a funny cameo like Matt Damon's role in the last Thor movie, haha.

everything is now possible...

if taika is borrowing heavily from aaron's run (shudder), dario agger?

to good to be true...
why do we hear casting news for Thor 4 and not Doctor Strange 2, which should be filmed in the next few months?
I wouldn’t mind for Christian Bale as Nighmare btw.

Wow. If they got Christian then he must saw something really special in the script that made him want to join the MCU.
At least that’s what I’m thinking.

Never thought I'd see him in another comic book movie after doing his run as Batman. He must really want to work with Taika to come back into this world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"