• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Civil War: Battle Damage Report (Marvel spoiling yet another event ending?)

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
I'll let you see and decide for yourselves, but be warned:

0skcw1.jpg

0skcw2.jpg

In the wake of Marvel's Civil War, S.H.I.E.L.D. has prepared a series of intelligence dossiers about some of the people, places and things affected by the milestone event, which are collected in the Civil War: Battle Damage Report. Artist Scott Kolins told us what it was like drawing a few of the new pages in this closing chapter of the Civil War.

Kolins said he was looking for some extra work before his stint on the upcoming Omega Flight series began when Chris Allo asked him about drawing a pair of new pages for the Civil War: Battle Damage Report.

He said it was a challenge working on these pages to keep them "interesting, despite the straight-forward encyclopedic nature" of the entries. "There weren't a lot of aspects to consider [in these sequentials]," he said. "They were fun and different - not complex like storytelling pages, but lots of reference."

"I was sent reference on the characters to draw, a simple outline of who’s in what picture and any other important details," Kolins continued. " The reference varies so greatly that it’s hard sometimes to find ways to keep the characters looking like they all belong on the same page. I have no idea what the rest of the book looks like. I hope they all fit together well enough."

Kolins said, "From what I understand, the Civil War: Battle Damage Report is a nice database to keep track of what's gone on and how it affects the Marvel world in general."

As noted, Kolins is busy working with Michael Avon Oeming on the upcoming Omega Flight. "We're working like crazy on this thing," he said. "We're way ahead of schedule and I'm loving it. It's gonna be something to see. I wish I could post the pages as I draw them. I'm having a great time!"

Here are the official solicits for this February's Civil War Battle Damage Report, so you know what to ask for at your local comic book shop:

CIVIL WAR: BATTLE DAMAGE REPORT
Written by ANTHONY FLAMINI & RONALD BYRD
Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
Additional art by SKOTTIE KOLINS
The final shots have been fired. The Civil War has ended. A victor has emerged. Now, S.H.I.E.L.D. has prepared the BATTLE DAMAGE REPORT, an intelligence dossier assessing the impact of the war and the dangers the nation still faces. BATTLE DAMAGE REPORT provides a closing chapter to CIVIL WAR and a glimpse of the new status quo of the Marvel Universe!
64 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

So, super teams popping up all over the world or something? Is that supposed to mean that the Act stays put and now the rest of the world starts enforcing it as well? Way to go Marvel. Not.

That doesn't necessarily confirm that the Act is put into place, but it is a big hint towards it.

Is the second to last pic Mastermind Excello and the gang we saw blacked out in Hulk?

That's Sunfire's team from his last mini-series. Great series, actually.

Erm how it spoiling the ending exactly?

What exactly was spoiled here? The fact that Civil War will end? Shocking.

iloveclones said:
What exactly was spoiled here? The fact that Civil War will end? Shocking.

:whatever: This is why it helps to read everything, because if you had, you would have clearly seen the part at the end where I specifically said that it might "mean that the Act stays put and now the rest of the world starts enforcing it as well".

Spoiler, maybe.

I also read in Wizard that Tony Stark wants to have one super hero Avengers type team for every state in America, 50 teams and no more.
And someone else posted that Iron Man becomes the new SHEILD director so...

maybe this is his plan in the long run, he gets 50 teams in America and the rest of the world follows him.

or maybe this is Tony preparing, but it never happens

I think it ends with Tony winning, and then the next few years is how Marvel is slowly changing everything back.

i like the first pic alot...nick fury,cap britain,pete wisdom and my favourite union jack!!

cool!!!!

Yeah, Marvel isn't exactly known for its ability to keep a story secret:rolleyes:. It's been revealed in another place that [blackout]Might Avengers will feature registered heroes[/blackout] while [blackout]New Avengers will feature unregistered heroes on the run[/blackout]. So there's yet another spoiler for the end of the war that they themselves released.

I actually don't think this is such a bad idea. Having a superhero team in each country will expand storyline opportunities and such, not to mention seem more realistic. It's too bad that DC already did it, oh, about half a year ago.

Here is my full prediction, or as full as I can get it right now because I might have more ideas later.

Tony will win in a landslide, heroes will be forced to register or retire. Heroes who don't will be rebels and be hunted down. Tony will be head of SHEILD, and each state in America will have its own hero team. Maybe he will even try and force other nations to do the same, be our allies and follow what we do or be our enemies, using the power of SHEILD to do it.
Cap will loose but still work at countering Iron man somehow (as leader of Omega Flight or New Avengers or something).
Spider-man will be a rebel and be hunted, like many other rebel heroes, he will be considered a menace. Spider-Man will also have to cope with everyone knowing him as Peter Parker.
the X-men will have to deal with their own stuff like what has been going on in Astonishing X-Men but also have to deal with the registration act which is almost a mutant registration act.

Things will be topsy turvy like this at Marvel for a year or two, or more, and slowly (at a snails pace slowly) but surely change back to as close as normal as possible.

But what about the Asgardians who will be floating over Oklahoma?

I doubt that they will be registered. What's Tony gonna do about them?

In DC's new frontier they sort of delt with this, they will have heroes who will register in order to keep doing the good they were doing
they had heroes who refuse, and act as rebels
heroes who will be forced to retire
and heroes beyond their control (like the Asgardians)

There could be a spin off of Civil War called World War Iron Man, all about Iron Man using SHEILD to wage war against nations who don't fall in line with Tony's plan.

are marvel just trying to forget about the hwole sunfire and gambit thing or have I missed an issue, as he seems to be back to his old costume in that picture...

Isn't Sunfire dead? Doesn't Rogue have his powers now?

Kitsune said:
Isn't Sunfire dead? Doesn't Rogue have his powers now?

no the last time he was seen was walking away from a temple carrying a near-death gambit in his arms.

Ermmm..who wins the war?The un-registered Superheroes or the registered ones?

Darn.I was hoping for the un-registered heroes.With the Punisher in their ranks,i was hoping for something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"