• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Civil War: Battle Damage Report (Marvel spoiling yet another event ending?)

While I do think Marvel will have Iron Man's side win and have registration, because it will give more stories and because of spoilers I have seen, I also think that Marvel could go the other way and have Cap's side win.
Based on their past BIG stories like House of M and the others, Marvel sort of starts these big stories and has a clear end to them with lingering subplots to tie things together and be intersting.
Maybe Civil War will end, Iron Man will loose and registration will not happen. But lingering things like Iron Man's actions, Goliath's death, Spider-Man's situation with his identity and Iron Man's treatment of him, things like this might continue and be interesting.

But I still think that based on things I have seen, Iron Man as SHEILD director, several official teams for each nation, hearing that Cap leads a rebel team of New Avengers while Iron Man leads the official Avengers,
makes me think Iron Man wins.

Specter313 said:
This is why I NEVER said it was a proper spoiler. I made it very clear, saying that this might be a spoiler or not and putting the question mark in the title. Does no one teach reading comprehension anymore these days?

evidently not given what you're reading in to this....

Reading comprehension was probably dropped around the same time as basic politeness.

hippy fascist said:
no the last time he was seen was walking away from a temple carrying a near-death gambit in his arms.

Yea, Apocolypse saved Sunfires life and turned him into famine during Milligan's horrible run.

My question is how did Silver Samurai get his upper arm back. Wolverine dehanded him.

gildea said:
evidently not given what you're reading in to this....

Reading comprehension was probably dropped around the same time as basic politeness.

:whatever: My god. I'm not "reading into" anything with this. I'm saying MAYBE. Do you understand that word? I never, EVER said that this will be happening exactly like I said. I said that it COULD and took the proper precautions so that anyone who didn't want to read a possible spoiler could avoid it. You want me to be polite to you, don't assume **** about me.

Specter313 said:
:whatever: My god. I'm not "reading into" anything with this. I'm saying MAYBE. Do you understand that word? I never, EVER said that this will be happening exactly like I said. I said that it COULD and took the proper precautions so that anyone who didn't want to read a possible spoiler could avoid it. You want me to be polite to you, don't assume **** about me.

The act of saying "maybe" is reading into it, no assumption on my part only on yours.

The irony is stifling here.

gildea said:
The act of saying "maybe" is reading into it, no assumption on my part only on yours.

The irony is stifling here.

Seriously, would you just shut up about it already? You said that I was treating it like a real spoiler, when I clearly wasn't. Either get over it already or just stop talking. Better yet, do both and get a dictionary. You made a very clear assumption on what I said, and now you refuse to admit it.

Where the hell is Sabra and Arabian Knight everyone keeps talking about?

Darthphere said:
Where the hell is Sabra and Arabian Knight everyone keeps talking about?

they're complaining about them not being in the line up

Specter313 said:
Seriously, would you just shut up about it already? You said that I was treating it like a real spoiler, when I clearly wasn't. Either get over it already or just stop talking. Better yet, do both and get a dictionary. You made a very clear assumption on what I said, and now you refuse to admit it.

all i've really said is your reading a lot into it and its not really a proper spoiler..

You may have covered yourself by putting "maybe" in there but you're still acting if its more than that by happily bashing marvel over the story in your head. Bit hypocritical and completely changes the context of your post.

Yet, ironically, you seem to feel i'm putting words into your mouth....

And the internet courage continues as well I see. Perhaps you weren't hugged enough as a child or perhaps you were hugged too much.....

GILDEA the entire last part of your post is ironic and hypocritical at the same time. As you yourself display the same amount of "internet courage" as specter313 does, but buy you showing off your "internet courage"[buy posting insults that you would never make to his face] it becomes hypocritical as you mocked him for doing the same.

hippy fascist said:
they're complaining about them not being in the line up

Yeah, I knew I was right in geogrpahy class wehn i said Israel was in Africa.

gildea said:
all i've really said is your reading a lot into it and its not really a proper spoiler..

You may have covered yourself by putting "maybe" in there but you're still acting if its more than that by happily bashing marvel over the story in your head. Bit hypocritical and completely changes the context of your post.

Yet, ironically, you seem to feel i'm putting words into your mouth....

And the internet courage continues as well I see. Perhaps you weren't hugged enough as a child or perhaps you were hugged too much.....

And yet, you continue to put words into my mouth by saying that I meant stuff that I clearly didn't. I never said that it was a proper spoiler, and I never treated it as if it was more than one big maybe. I said one thing negative about it, nothing more, and moved on. How about you learn to do the same already?

And Eros already took care of the rest for me.

Specter313 said:
And yet, you continue to put words into my mouth by saying that I meant stuff that I clearly didn't. I never said that it was a proper spoiler, and I never treated it as if it was more than one big maybe. I said one thing negative about it, nothing more, and moved on. How about you learn to do the same already?

Don't bother arguing with gildea, getting him to see the light is like trying to teach a fish to play the guitar.

Hmm..it seems one of my 'notions/ideas' might happen with Union Jack,,Cap Brit,Pete Wisdom and other notable brittish heroes becoming the New Excalibur.

Cool.

has Moses Magnum always lived in africa? and why is Nick Fury representing England?

I have a feeling no side is going to win and the SHR isn't going to continue because of that. Iron Man will try to redeem himself through side or by giving up being Iron Man for a while. Cap and his avenger will still act like their on the run.

Specter313 said:

What words have I put in your mouth exactly?
Please tell me where I have said you said something. I repeat all i've said was this wasn't a proper spoiler and by bashing marvel you appear to be reading something into it and giving it more gravitas than you claim.
Also the title of the thread is negative as is the retro 90's "not" in you initial post. Thats two things. Perhaps arithmatic was dropped from the curriculum around the same time as all that other stuff.

Eros I can quite assure you if someone was so offensive in a defensive manner irl I would quite happily say that to their face. Besides one can take only so much 'internet abuse' before one has to say something mildly insulting back.

Hippy...wha? I admit I'm wrong all the time (when I am) just not to idiots whose main forms of debate is abuse.

deemar325 said:
Hmm..it seems one of my 'notions/ideas' might happen with Union Jack,,Cap Brit,Pete Wisdom and other notable brittish heroes becoming the New Excalibur.

Cool.

i dooooo hope this happens...it'd be great to see this happen..tho i don't know where union jack would stand with all this stuff....he is a good friend of captain america so he wouldnt want to oppose him..he didnt in the new invaders comic either.

tho a team full of my favourite heroes is mouth wateringly good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"