• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Civil War theory

Galact-Gal said:
Let me clarify: I thought that Ultimate Spidey was a teen and single to give brand new readers a Spider-Man they can connect to. So when Quesada goes on about wanting 616 Spidey to be single I want to say, "What's wrong with you, Joe? You've got Ultimate Spider-Man, leave the regular one alone!" And then I slap him silly. (just fantasizing)

Since we're fanatasizing: If I won the Lotto I would use the money to pay for your trip to a convention he might be attending, pay you to realize your fantasy, pay all employees and security to turn a blind eye and if necessary grease a few law officer's palms.;) I would, of course, pay for my trip and be right there and point and laugh at him. :D

I think Civil War will end with Nick Fury returning.

Darthphere said:
And Maria Hill dying.

Maybe not her dying, but being severly demoted bc of too many screw ups and immoral methods. Plus she tried to arrest Captain Friggin America.

Marcdachamp said:
Ok, this is an adjustment to a recent theory of mine. It's crazy, but entirely plausable, if you ask me.

It's being heavily hinted that Spiderman will give up his identity. My theory is that he will, indeed go through with it. His rogues, seeing this as a golden opportunity, will strike at, and kill, MJ and Aunt May. Devestated by the consequences of pushing Peter into the Pro-Registration side, Tony Stark will give Peter the technology he used to erase his identity from everyone's minds, making Peter's identity completely secret once again, and making him single. This would do exactly what Joe Quesada's been hinting.

What do you guys think?

I don't think Mary Jane or Aunt May or going to be killed.

Maybe Mary Jane, but not Aunt May.

But since we're talking about villains. I know of one villain who will lose his freakin' mind when he finds out Spidey went public, and that's Norman F'n Osborn. That dude is going to be PISSED! The thing he's been holding over Pete's head is that he knows his secret. And now Pete takes that away. Touche, Peter.

But I definitely see a lot of villains freaking out too, much like The Vulture did during Marvel Knights Spider-Man once he saw that Spidey was nothing more than just some regular looking guy who was unimportant. I could definitley seeing some of the lesser tier villains just going ballistic that a "school teacher and photographer" for all those years was kicking their ass.

I see a lot of excitement and story possibilities coming out of the reveal. But, of course, many fans think it is "Peter's death".

SpideyInATree said:
But since we're talking about villains. I know of one villain who will lose his freakin' mind when he finds out Spidey went public, and that's Norman F'n Osborn. That dude is going to be PISSED! The thing he's been holding over Pete's head is that he knows his secret. And now Pete takes that away. Touche, Peter.
I wouldn't really call it "holding it over Peter's head." Norman's known Peter's secret for upwards of 40 years in the comics, but he's never gone public with it. I think if he were going to, he would've done it by now. Norman seems to be content to wage his war with Peter privately, and not revealing his identity facilitates that. The only thing I could really see Norman getting pissed over if Peter does reveal his identity is that other villains will probably target Peter's family and friends now, robbing him of the satisfaction of using them to **** with Peter.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Oooh, even better, Maria Hill being revealed as a traitor and Nick Fury killing her. :)

I love that idea.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Oooh, even better, Maria Hill being revealed as a traitor and Nick Fury killing her. :)

Delicious.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I wouldn't really call it "holding it over Peter's head." Norman's known Peter's secret for upwards of 40 years in the comics, but he's never gone public with it. I think if he were going to, he would've done it by now. Norman seems to be content to wage his war with Peter privately, and not revealing his identity facilitates that. The only thing I could really see Norman getting pissed over if Peter does reveal his identity is that other villains will probably target Peter's family and friends now, robbing him of the satisfaction of using them to **** with Peter.
That would make for interesting stories.

TheCorpulent1 said:

That's pretty much what I'm talking about. Norman is going to still get pissed that the world knows Pete is Spider-Man regardless if any of the other villains go after him or not. Norman had something that the others didn't, and now everybody has it.

Marcdachamp said:
I think Marvel has a yearly competition to see who can have the worst life: Matt Murdock or Peter Parker.

lol.

OtepApe said:
Joey Q really needs to start using his head.

It'd help if he removed it from his ass first.

Harlekin said:
Joey Q has already stated that he won't be divorcing or killing Mary Jane, since its counterproductive to what he wants.

Indeed. With that in mind, i believe that Peter's secret id will be erased from the public's concious, either by technology, or magic. Peter is very tight with Dr. Strange, and is also owed a favor from Loki (if Thor is returning, can Loki be far behind?)....unfortunately for Peter, that erasure will also include Aunt May and Mary Jane forgetting he's Spider-Man as well...

CaptainStacy said:
Indeed. With that in mind, i believe that Peter's secret id will be erased from the public's concious, either by technology, or magic. Peter is very tight with Dr. Strange, and is also owed a favor from Loki (if Thor is returning, can Loki be far behind?)....unfortunately for Peter, that erasure will also include Aunt May and Mary Jane forgetting he's Spider-Man as well...

Interesting thought, CapStacy. I saw you brought up the "Loki favor" in another thread. You're right, Loki does owe Spidey a favor. And it's from earlier in JMS' run as well. So, it's definitely possible and a good back door for the writers to step through.

SpideyInATree said:
Interesting thought, CapStacy. I saw you brought up the "Loki favor" in another thread. You're right, Loki does owe Spidey a favor. And it's from earlier in JMS' run as well. So, it's definitely possible and a good back door for the writers to step through.

Yeah, but that other thread has become such a "whine-fest", i haven't bothered going back, lol.

CaptainStacy said:
Yeah, but that other thread has become such a "whine-fest", i haven't bothered going back, lol.

Well, if you're there it becomes less of a "whine-fest", heh.

Meh. It just gets tedious after awhile.

Initially, i was against Peter being outed when all this was first hinted at, but the more i thought about it, the more i began to get on board...and when it started....Wow. I mean, i was literally on the edge of my seat while reading the last issue of ASM...as far as im concerned THAT'S entertainment.

Some folks are saying this is "the end" of Spider-Man...To me, after nearly 40 years as a fan, Spider-Man is about a young man who carries tremendous guilt on one shoulder, and tremendous responsibility on the other...i dont see where that's changed. You can tell unlimited stories within those parameters, and Peter's secret identity being compromised in no way negates those parameters, imo. (not that i think that this is even going to be permanent, but whatever)...

The thing that really grabs my balls is Spidey's internet fanbase though. Every main Marvel character has had his status quo revoked at one time or another; Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, The FF, dont even get me STARTED on Daredevil...either by being replaced, or changing a costume, or by secret id being outed, and no one freaks out. But do something like that to Spider-Man, and it's like bloody feeding time at the babboon cage in the Bronx zoo, lol.

It's like i said; tedious to try and have a discussion with a mob mentality.

Oh, well....

CaptainStacy said:
Meh. It just gets tedious after awhile.

Initially, i was against Peter being outed when all this was first hinted at, but the more i thought about it, the more i began to get on board...and when it started....Wow. I mean, i was literally on the edge of my seat while reading the last issue of ASM...as far as im concerned THAT'S entertainment.

Some folks are saying this is "the end" of Spider-Man...To me, after nearly 40 years as a fan, Spider-Man is about a young man who carries tremendous guilt on one shoulder, and tremendous responsibility on the other...i dont see where that's changed. You can tell unlimited stories within those parameters, and Peter's secret identity being compromised in no way negates those parameters, imo. (not that i think that this is even going to be permanent, but whatever)...

The thing that really grabs my balls is Spidey's internet fanbase though. Every main Marvel character has had his status quo revoked at one time or another; Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, The FF, dont even get me STARTED on Daredevil...either by being replaced, or changing a costume, or by secret id being outed, and no one freaks out. But do something like that to Spider-Man, and it's like bloody feeding time at the babboon cage in the Bronx zoo, lol.

It's like i said; tedious to try and have a discussion with a mob mentality.

Oh, well....

Well, it's good to have an ally on here now. :O

But I totally understand you because I pretty much feel the same way that you do about this situation. Though what differs is I've been looking forward to Peter unmasking since 1990/1991, heh.

Yes, it was definitely an edge of the seat moment in the latest issue of Amazing. The last time I got excited about Amazing Spider-Man was during the Ezekiel storylines and The Book of Ezekiel, which was a great story in my opinion.

And I agree about Peter. People keep saying he's "dead" and that he's not an everyman anymore. And like you, I don't see where that has changed. Peter still does what he does for the same reason and nothing has changed that. Even if there was a "Spider-God" it still wouldn't change the reason why he goes out there to save lives. No matter what you can't take away the guilt he feels over Uncle Ben's death and the responsibility that he holds on his shoulders. And once again, Peter unmasking himself proves that it's not only in his character to do so, but it's his responsibility to continue being a superhero and saving lives...as opposed to being a hunted fugitive.

And trust me. I know all about the mob mentality here, my friend. Look who you're talking to...SIAT...the most disliked man on these boards. :o

Screw what the Spidey villians do. I want to see Jonah's face when Peter comes out of the closet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"