• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cobra Commander's Mask

I wasn't so much bothered by how they went about Cobra Commander's mask, as I was by the fact that they went CGI with Destro's head at the end.

How else would they have done it? Paint his whole head silver?

I thought Destro was great. Teeth looked a little eh, but I was still happy with it. Can't wait to see how he looks in the sequel. As well as CC.

They couldn't give him a practical mask?

So basically Dr. Doom from the Fantastic Four films? I'm glad they went with the Nanomites cgi mask it was more practical and made more sense with the plot. It would have been random if Cobra brought out McCullen's ancestor's mask and slapped it on his face.

Not to mention, it has future plot use. Thanks to the nanomites, Destro now has a reason to continue serving Cobra Commander while seriously disliking him; just as in the comics and cartoons.

How else would they have done it? Paint his whole head silver?

i dont see why they couldnt paint his head silver and add some prosthetics to give it some more of a metal look. his cg face just looked extremely fake, looking at that for an entire sequel would be annoying.

i really hope they just give cobra a hood, i honestly thought his scared face made him look cooler than the clear plastic thing they put on him

i dont see why they couldnt paint his head silver and add some prosthetics to give it some more of a metal look. his cg face just looked extremely fake, looking at that for an entire sequel would be annoying.

i really hope they just give cobra a hood, i honestly thought his scared face made him look cooler than the clear plastic thing they put on him

It's probably because it was only for a small part that they didn't bother spending too much time on it. For the sequel, I reckon they'd work on their technique (whether makeup or CGI) to get a better result.

R...really..? :dry:

:facepalm:

What looked fake about it, exactly? I'm curious as to how many liquid nanomite metal deathmasks people have seen to make this claim.

It was shoddy CGI, which granted is par for the course when it comes to Stephen Sommers movies.

It was shoddy but the right route to take. Just need to do a better job next go around.

what looked fake about it, are u serious?? it looks like some crappy effects done by something on the syfy channel

Based on...

What elements of the CGI made it look fake or shoddy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"