College Hoops - March Around the Corner

InCali

My Buddy - Max the Dog
Reaction score
Looked around for something like this, but couldn't find it.

That Florida State - U Miami game was frelling insane.

On on U K. We are right for the fight today
Hold the ball and hit that line
Every wildcat star will shine
And we will fight fight fight
For the blue and the white
As we roll to the goal
Varsity
And we will kick pass and run
Till the battle is won
And we bring home the victory!

C. A. T. S. Cats! Cats! Cats!

upload_2023-3-8_13-45-37.gif

On on U K. We are right for the fight today
Hold the ball and hit that line
Every wildcat star will shine
And we will fight fight fight
For the blue and the white
As we roll to the goal
Varsity
And we will kick pass and run
Till the battle is won
And we bring home the victory!

C. A. T. S. Cats! Cats! Cats!

View attachment 62895

IMMA go out on a limb and guess you're rooting for Kentucky......

This is kind of a down year for the program. Most programs would be ecstatic to have the year they're having. Beat up a pretty good Tennessee team.

IMMA go out on a limb and guess you're rooting for Kentucky......

This is kind of a down year for the program. Most programs would be ecstatic to have the year they're having. Beat up a pretty good Tennessee team.
I only got to see them in person once this year against South Carolina State and they looked amazing. I’m not sure why we played down so much this year, but we can be streaky. I’m hoping for a big turnaround in the tourney.
Unlike most of my wildcat brethren, I’m a big Calipari supporter.

Are you a UCLA fan?

I only got to see them in person once this year against South Carolina State and they looked amazing. I’m not sure why we played down so much this year, but we can be streaky. I’m hoping for a big turnaround in the tourney.
Unlike most of my wildcat brethren, I’m a big Calipari supporter.

Are you a UCLA fan?
Yeah.....from way back in the day. A long time ago, I went to UCLA part time and took some art history classes before transferring to UC Santa Cruz so I'm a really big fan of the "Fighting Banana Slugs". :funny:

I worked at UCLA as a network engineer for several years when I came back to LA. I saw John Wooden on campus a few times, but was too intimidated to even say "hi". I was, like, "I don't deserve to be able to say hi to HIM". :funny: To say he was a legendary figure on campus would be an understatement.

With March Madness coming up, I'm dealing with this at home.
Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 6.33.13 PM.png

Yeah.....from way back in the day. A long time ago, I went to UCLA part time and took some art history classes before transferring to UC Santa Cruz so I'm a really big fan of the "Fighting Banana Slugs". :funny:

I worked at UCLA as a network engineer for several years when I came back to LA. I saw John Wooden on campus a few times, but was too intimidated to even say "hi". I was, like, "I don't deserve to be able to say hi to HIM". :funny: To say he was a legendary figure on campus would be an understatement.
I have tons of respect for UCLA and for Wooden. While I was never a UofL fan, I did like Denny Crum, mostly because he tried to carry himself like Wooden, even down to the rolled up program. He trained under the best. And Wooden is a far better man than Rupp ever dreamed of being.

Now I’m going to go cry somewhere after we lost to Vandy last night

I have tons of respect for UCLA and for Wooden. While I was never a UofL fan, I did like Denny Crum, mostly because he tried to carry himself like Wooden, even down to the rolled up program. He trained under the best. And Wooden is a far better man than Rupp ever dreamed of being.

Now I’m going to go cry somewhere after we lost to Vandy last night
John Wooden was from another era and the stories about him are endless in this neck of the woods. Some of my favorites are:

Bill Walton shows up to practice with long hair. Coach tells him he can't be on the team with long hair. Bill tells him he has a right to have long hair. Coach tells him he is absolutely correct and that he has a right to set the rules for who is on his team. Tells Bill it was nice having him on his team and wishes him well. Bill runs downtown and gets his hair cut.

Coach doesn't allow players to have tattoos, but is good friends with Angelina Jolie and describes her a wonderfully, talented young woman. When it's pointed out that she has a lot of tattoos, he replies "I said she is a wonderful woman and a friend. I didn't say she could play basketball on my team."

If coach took you aside and said "Goodness, Gracious Sakes Alive!", you KNEW you were in trouble. LOL

If anyone ever visits UCLA, you can see coach's old office. They moved his furniture into either the James West or Morgan Center (don't remember which). It's like a shrine and no one really talks when they go by it. It's hard to explain how larger than life he is at UCLA. He's like a deity or something. Ten NCAA championships in 11 years......when is that gonna happen again?

Tennessee is not the same team without ZZ so I'm expecting the realistic outcome which is Duke a great team with not any visible issues that I see outplays a Tennessee team that isn't the same team without ZZ as shown in multiple games including they got outplayed by an equal matched Missouri team.

I'm very amazed by the FD Knights upsetting the Purdue Boilermakers which is the greatest upset in MM Tournament history since the BoilerMakers were favored by 23 and half points, the Knights only had a 1.4 percent chance of winning, and the tallest player the Knights have is 6'6.
The Knights executed great plays including making multiple threes, and playing great defense to defeat a favored Goliath Boilermakers team.

I think I may start gambling. It's possible I found a sure fire way to win.

great title for the thread :up:

been loving the upsets so far. except Virginia. i just don't understand how this keeps happening to them. 5 years to the day!

I hate the NCAA tourney.

Here is actual footage of me following the UK/ KSU game yesterday:

upload_2023-3-20_12-55-32.gif

i did not realize that Johnson on KSU was the Keyontae Johnson who played for Florida a collapsed on the court. Dude has a chance to bank on the NCAA"s 5 million insurance policy but instead bet on himself and went into the transfer portal and turned that team around. kinda pulling for him now, especially with UK out.

I'm pretty damn happy my fearless Volunteers outplayed the Blue Devils. They had more rebounds, made more critical shots, had fewer turnovers, and they scored in a variety of ways.

Also, an impressive comeback victory for the Razorbacks to eliminate the defending champs the Jayhawks in a thrilling 2nd round game.

The Princeton Tigers showed they weren't a 1 trick magician because they bulldozed the Missouri Tigers.
Possibly the magic ends vs the Blue Jays, or it doesn't because the Ivy League Tigers are playing great basketball.

This has been one, crazy tournament. All of the 1, 2, and 3 seeds are gone. So are all the 4s except Connecticut. So you've got UConn, San Diego Fing State, and University of Miami (both 5s) and a 9 seed.......FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY?!?!?!? I've never, ever seen anything, anything like this.

I'd like to meet the person who had these teams in their Final Four. :funny:

San Diego State is a pretty good team so it wouldn't be surprising if they defeated Florida Atlantic.

San Diego State is a pretty good team so it wouldn't be surprising if they defeated Florida Atlantic.
No. It wouldn't be surprising at all. FAU is a 9 seed for a reason. Normally, you'd figure to see a UConn v SDSU in the final, but the way things have gone in this tournament literally anything can, and probably will, happen. UConn certainly has the pedigree of the teams that are left. Crazy S*** man.

That SDSU FAU game was one for the ages. Man, I hated to see either team lose. It doesn't get any more big time than that last shot. Whew!!!!

UCONN UKNOW

that is all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"