• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Comic-Con NEWS!

Boom said:
On these boards maybe. In the general public, not so much.

Take a look at the column on the bottom right.

I think it's a pretty decent sample of the anticipation surrounding this film, especially considering the fact that it's two years away and practically no news updates (as compared to Spiderman 3 which just dropped a bomb full of spoilers recently and a teaser to boot). It will most certainly punch it's way back to the top once Nolan kicks off production on the sequel with casting announcments.

Phaser said:
Take a look at the column on the bottom right.

I think it's a pretty decent sample of the anticipation surrounding this film, especially considering the fact that it's two years away and practically no news updates (as compared to Spiderman 3 which just dropped a bomb full of spoilers recently). It will most certainly punch it's way back to the top once Nolan kicks off production on the sequel with casting announcments.
By general public I meant people who don't browse the internet for movies.

However, Greg would like Depp for the role, so he's cool in my book :up:.

Boom said:

My prediction is that the general public will be fairly pumped up for this movie around the time of it's release with the jump in box-office perfomance being similiar to that between X1 and X2, provided the film itself mirrors an identical jump in quality over it's predecessor, of course.

MJZ said:
Supposedly MTV had a blip about the con earlier where they mentioned the BB team would be there, among others.

Personally I'd wait and see...

Yeah, caught it this afternoon. It just said the teams behind Spidey 3, Superman Returns, and Batman Begins would all be there.

Whether that means filmmakers, studio execs, whatever...
Let's just wait and see.

Granted I still remember the 04 Con that had absolutely nothing, and caused a big uproar around here... Which, in turn rushed the original Begins teaser.

Not really surprised the movie is still 2 years away

gillberg2k1 said:
Yeah, caught it this afternoon. It just said the teams behind Spidey 3, Superman Returns, and Batman Begins would all be there.

Whether that means filmmakers, studio execs, whatever...
Let's just wait and see.

Granted I still remember the 04 Con that had absolutely nothing, and caused a big uproar around here... Which, in turn rushed the original Begins teaser.

Long time no see, gill. Where the hell's Para?

Boom said:
The general public does own personal computers, you know.

CConn said:

Whoa! No way! But really I can see where Boom is coming from, not every computer owner looks up movie bitbits and such, they may from time to time though. I think a film's success in reguards to Joe Q Moviegoer is based on the previous film (if it's in a series), and the media's 'hyping' of it.

Just look at Pirates. Soild first movie, big Disney hype, appealing to all demopraphics = $.

CConn said:

yeah, but that doesnt mean that they're on it everyday searching the web in anticipation for a scrap of a rumor about the film......like us. the general public isnt going to begin caring about this film until some sort of ad campaign starts, or news is being reported in the major entertainment magazines. until then, the only people who care about this is people like us.

as for a no show at the con: not surprising, i never for a moment thought there'd be anything about it. its way to early, and nolan isnt even gonna be starting any sort of work on the film until he's completely done with the prestige, which he's still editing. so until he's done with that...dont expect much news.

I hope they something about pre-production. How far casting is coming along.Are they going to start screentesting actors for roles? Do they have an art department in place? When does set construction and filming start? That kind of stuff.

They're going to be covering the Comic-Con live on Friday on the G4 network, so anyone not going can toon into that. They're bound to show something informative in between all of the crap that they do on that channel.

Motown Marvel said:
yeah, but that doesnt mean that they're on it everyday searching the web in anticipation for a scrap of a rumor about the film......like us. the general public isnt going to begin caring about this film until some sort of ad campaign starts, or news is being reported in the major entertainment magazines. until then, the only people who care about this is people like us.
Well, duh. And frankly, I think that list was quite horrible (as a means to gauge anticipation, at least). Just don't think that because it's on the internet, it's automatically not a fair represenation of how the public feels.

This is so cool. We got a few guys from the BB Pre-Production/In-Production days back. Hope to see you guys around here again in the upcoming months. It just isn't the same without the SHH Triad :up:.

ToddIsDead said:
They're going to be covering the Comic-Con live on Friday on the G4 network, so anyone not going can toon into that. They're bound to show something informative in between all of the crap that they do on that channel.

X Play is not crap :mad:

StorminNorman said:
X Play is not crap :mad:

X-Play is the only thing on that channel even remotely worth watching. G4 should've never bought out TechTV, in very much enjoyed TechTV. G4 took over TechTV and fired everyone who was over 25 and knew what they were talking about. :down :down :down

Katsuro said:
X-Play is the only thing on that channel even remotely worth watching. G4 should've never bought out TechTV, in very much enjoyed TechTV. G4 took over TechTV and fired everyone who was over 25 and knew what they were talking about. :down :down :down

Atleast we are on the same page :up:

Dude...I still miss Unscrewed w/ Martin Sargent. ahh.....how I miss my Laura Swisher.

Unscrewed Army Solider, for life.

Honestly, AOTS is BARELY watchable......I mean, the girls they've got on there CANNOT deliver a single line right. They're pretty (not hot, just pretty) and I just wish they'd all shut up. They make me cringe with every line, sounding so forced and ****. Kevin P. is funny tho, and Blair Butler is all right. She gives good comic reviews, with Chris Gore giving great dvd reviews.

Other than that though......with Xplay, and SOME AOTS, E3 coverage...and now the COMIC CON coverage......well, that's all there is to watch. Most everything else is crap.

Oh....and please, stop playing Fastlane. I like the show, but I've seen every episode 900 times now.

Whew....thanks guys, I really needed to get that off my chest.

Boom said:
On these boards maybe. In the general public, not so much.
Not true. Ever since the release of the dvd, I have caught ALOT of anticipation talk for the BEGINS follow up from your everyday movie fans.

Guys..the movie is 2 years away.
I'll be happy if they have any BEGINS stuff on display. I'd love to see the original batman costume in person again.
It's pretty unrealistic to think they'd have anything there for the sequel at this stage. Sure, they may comment on it, drop a few ideas or hints but it's a long time away to be hoping for teasers, posters or anything to that nature.
Spiderman 3 is showing it's trailer 1 year ahead of the films opening...not 2...riding the Xmen3 and Superman Returns hype is just good marketing by the guys at Sony.

David

Black Mamba said:
Not true. Ever since the release of the dvd, I have caught ALOT of anticipation talk for the BEGINS follow up from your everyday movie fans.
Well it's true where I'm at. So I suppose we've reached an impasse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"