Comic Con Trailer Description

Status
Not open for further replies.

protocida

Avenger
Reaction score
Hey, guys. :yay:

I've seen the trailer and I'm going to post as detailed a description as I can.

Here it is:

. The trailer starts by revealing a heavily guarded SHIELD facility in New Mexico.

. Cut to agent Phil Coulson interrogating Thor, tied to a chair, in a room with glass walls. Thor is dirty and looks beaten.

. The interrogatory is intercut with scenes of Thor fighting SHIELD agents in and out of the facility.

. Coulson tells Thor that he has just beaten men with the best military training available, and that only a man with similar training would be able to accomplish that.

. Coulson asks Thor where has come from. "Afeganistan?", "Iraq, maybe?".

. Thor just looks at him angrily.

. Cut to Asgard. It looks very futuristic, golden and shiny.

. We hear Odin's speech about responsability and the rise of new generation.

. Intercut with the speech, we see Thor, Loki, Sif, Volstagg, Fandral, Hogun, Heimdall, Frigga and the Aesir.

. Something happens.

. Thor and Odin argue. Odin calls Thor "a vain and petty boy". Thor responds by calling Odin an "old fool".

. Odin becomes furious and says he was a fool to think Thor was worthy.

. Odin casts Thor away. We see the Aesir ripping his armor off as Odin says he shall no longer be immortal, followed by a streak of light.

. Cut to Thor being found by Jane Foster in the desert. He has Earth clothes on. She asks him if he's OK. He answers by saying: "Oh, no. This is Earth, isn't it?" in an annoyed way.

. Jane asks where Thor has come from. He says: "What your ancestors called magic... And you call science... From where I come from, are one and the same".

. Jane takes Thor to a science building, where we meet Stellan Skarsgaard's and Kat Dennings' characters.

. Cut to next morning. Thor appears shirtless and Dennings says that, "for a homeless bumb, he is in perfect shape".

. Brief scenes.

. Thor, dirty and beaten, comes face to face with his hammer in the SHIELD facility. He attempts to lift it, but fails. We then hear Odin voice-over: "Whoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor".

. Cut to Asgard. Loki holds his father's spear and says: "I'm the new king of Asgard".

. Sif, Volstagg, Fandral and Hogun not very happily bow before him.

. Action scenes, both on Earth and in Asgard, including Thor and Sif fighting the Aesir; Heimdall kicking ass and Thor hitting an enemy in the face with his hammer.

. Cut to Loki facing Thor in Odin's throne room. Loki shows Odin's spear as a sign of superiority. Thor swings his hammer and throws at the screen in full force.

. "Thor".

. Cut to the Destroyer landing in the desert. Agent Coulson and several SHIELD agents approach it and wonder if it's on their side. The Destroyer answers them by shooting a beam of energy from his helmet that blows their cars up loudly.

>"2011".

That sounds awesome! Thanks for posting that man. I read the posts about it, but they were jumbled up. Now it's all clear and sounds AMAZING!

There's a brief shot of Thor from behind, and he's wearing the helmet in it.

Does Heimdall have his face hidden or the star field look(you see outer space and stars underneath).

Nope. Idris Elba's face is very visible.

It'll be messed up if they don't let everyone see the trailer till months later.

Sweet, thanks for the write up.

But could you be more clear on a few things.

"Something happens."

"Odin casts Thor away."

Can you give a little more description?

I got to see a tiny bit of this but the stream kept stopping to buffer and when it wasn't doing that the screen was going black (I guess the guy was hiding his camera or something).

Maddening, I tell you! Thanks for the write-up, protocida. :up:

I got to see a tiny bit of this but the stream kept stopping to buffer and when it wasn't doing that the screen was going black (I guess the guy was hiding his camera or something).

Maddening, I tell you! Thanks for the write-up, protocida. :up:
I saw the whole thing almost directly in the middle of the screen too but far off the only thing I missed through the stream was the Cap trailer but Got the live Blog description of that
Took a couple times to get both the stream and the live blog to work

After Thor ends up on Earth, is he going to get his armor back before the end of the movie? I can't see how, if it remains in Asgard after he gets cast down to Earth. Unless Loki brings it along or whatever. Then again, why would he.

If he doesn't get it back, it sure will be a rude awakening.

After Thor ends up on Earth, is he going to get his armor back before the end of the movie? I can't see how, if it remains in Asgard after he gets cast down to Earth. Unless Loki brings it along or whatever. Then again, why would he.

If he doesn't get it back, it sure will be a rude awakening.

I'd imagine the armor will return as soon as Thor is able to lift the hammer again (after a big bolt of lightning ala the comics) Probably in front of Jane Foster and others so they get to see him in his true glory before he takes down the Destroyer and returns to Asgard to kick Loki's @ss (guessing that's the plot, btw).

From the trailer description this would explain why Thor looks like he is struggling to lift the Hammer in the official pic. I'd guess that pic is from that scene? Presumably this is shortly after his return to Earth and he won't be able to lift the hammer (finds 'worthiness' again) until the Destroyer shows up (sent by Loki to finish him off I'd imagine)

It looks like they're taking the Ages of Thunder route and making the conflict between Thor and Odin really hardcore. That's good. The few times the older comics alluded to Thor's banishment, it seemed more like a matter-of-fact action Odin took to try and balance his son's arrogant personality, which kind of makes Odin look like the bad guy, overreacting to a little overconfidence in an otherwise decent Thor. Here (and in Ages of Thunder) the banishment makes more sense because Thor is totally out of control and becoming an actual threat to Asgard's well-being.

:argh:
This sounds as a full trailer!
Why don't they release it officially now that it has premiered on ComicCon?

:argh:
This sounds as a full trailer!
Why don't they release it officially now that it has premiered on ComicCon?

I concur. Dreamworks had the Megamind Comic Con footage online the following day. Why don't Marvel want to do the same?

I concur. Dreamworks had the Megamind Comic Con footage online the following day. Why don't Marvel want to do the same?

I understand why they are not releasing unfinished teaser footage like the ones for Cap and Avengers, but if this is a full-length finished trailer, showing every character and setting then WHY TORTURE US who couldn't be there?! :waa:

I understand why they are not releasing unfinished teaser footage like the ones for Cap and Avengers, but if this is a full-length finished trailer, showing every character and setting then WHY TORTURE US who couldn't be there?! :waa:
My guess is they want to let hype die down a bit and then bring out the brass band and lash it up online at xmas. If it was me, I'd release the Thor trailer now let the fans chew on it for the next while and then hit em with Cap at xmas and start the cycle all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"