The Dark Knight Comprehensive IMAX prologue descriptions

Yeah i totally agree, the bit where they zipline across, wow i actually felt a bit funny when the camera whiped down to show how high, i'm definately making the effort to go and see the dark knight at the imax even if i did have to go all the way to london to see it. It really doesn't get much better. And yeah i did sound a bit like a ninja coming in here to drum up business for i am legend didn't i lol.....maybe i am lol

i just saw it.online.it's better than i dreamed of.cant wait...

anyone who saved the rubies pic...

Im drawing the goon masks and need names...

Joker = Grumpy?
2nd to last man = Chuckles?
guy dead on rooftop = ?
guy killed guy on roof = ?
Fat guy killed by Fichter = ?
Bus Driver = ?

Thanks

Does anyone else think that they'll now edit out Heath's line "What doesn't kill you will only make you stranger?" I'm not saying they'll edit his whole performance, but this particular line might seem a little inappropriate. Audiences will already be thinking about his death when the movie starts, so removing this line might be a good idea.

Making any changes to Heath's performance just because of his death is not a good idea.

we might as well edit out his whole character, Joker is a killer and that makes me sad because heath died.... boohoo

what is more disrespectful, keeping Heaths memory alive by seeing the character how he wanted it portrayed or editing it because you haven't gotten over his death.

As I have said before, you honor someone by remembering them not by trying to forget.

we might as well edit out his whole character, Joker is a killer and that makes me sad because heath died.... boohoo

what is more disrespectful, keeping Heaths memory alive by seeing the character how he wanted it portrayed or editing it because you haven't gotten over his death.

As I have said before, you honor someone by remembering them not by trying to forget.

Well said CC! :hoboj:

QFT.

I've ranted about this subject a few times on other boards, and this is gonna be my last one, promise. I'm gonna say two words that should make anyone thinking that cutting heath's performance is an option or a good idea....THE CROW. Now that movie came out under very similar circumstances, admitedly not on the same scale as dark night, but both have actors who's performances are very likely to be career defining, now there was talk of re-shooting the crow or not releasing it, but it came out and because of the tragedy of brandon lee's death made the film all the more poignant, now in my opinion (we all have them) we'll have the same feeling over this film, heath's performance will be fantastic and we'll remember him through it, noone thought the crow was in poor taste, and i doubt anyone will for the dark knight. Rant over

Awesome! It's awesome, Heath Ledger looks awesome as The Joker. Here in my country, IMAX theaters transmit the prologue with I am Legend

Seen it with I Am Legend few weeks back. I thought it was awesome.. the line "I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you.. stranger" was epic. It was NICELY delivered. Especially with that grin after that.

I loved how the whole cinema shook when mr bank manager was blasting with his shotgun. also the cute scandanavian girl who announced the film was nice :) :up:

Do you have any idea why the joker take off his mask? i know it is the introduction of the joker but i don`t see the reason for the take off in this scene. was he so angry that he simply wanted to scare the bank manager with his face and for this reason he forgot the cameras in the bank?

Do you have any idea why the joker take off his mask? i know it is the introduction of the joker but i don`t see the reason for the take off in this scene. was he so angry that he simply wanted to scare the bank manager with his face and for this reason he forgot the cameras in the bank?

Did it really matter now that the suckers, I mean goons are out of the picture?

Did it really matter now that the suckers, I mean goons are out of the picture?
Yeah, the mask was only to make the goons believe he was one of them, to make the plan work. Once they were all dead, it served no purpose anymore and he could take it off.

New interview with Fichtner:

Fichtner Breaks the Bank

Exclusive: Actor discusses his Dark Knight role.

US, February 11, 2008 - William Fichtner, costar of the television series Prison Break, told IGN that he has a small role in The Dark Knight as a bank manager held up by the Joker in the film's opening scenes.

"[He's the] Bank Manager," Fichtner said during a phone interview to promote the DVD release of 2007's The Amateurs. "I met Chris Nolan briefly and it was kind of a last minute thing."

Fichtner, a character actor who has appeared in almost 40 film projects, including Heat, Contact, Go, Crash and Blades of Glory, said that he was eager to jump into the role even though he doesn't have a proper name. "I spoke to Chris and he told me about this opening scene in the film that they were going to shoot with IMAX cameras," Fichtner said. "He told me a little bit about it and what it was and I thought it was really cool. Especially with his visual sense, he's just such an interesting director and does really unbelievable things. [So] I thought, yeah, as long as it's kind of an uncredited thing, sure. It was really kind of one of those things, just sure, I'll be a small piece of this puzzle."

Nolan said in earlier interviews that he wanted the opening scene to resemble the heist in Heat, which may explain why Fichtner was recruited for the role. The actor said he was unaware of any homage to the film, intentional or not.

"Actually that's the very first time I heard that Heat analogy," he said. "I never heard that before. But if he was thinking that, that's certainly something for him to think, but I really like him and it's kind of a neat thing and a cool Batman thing and an uncredited thing, so yeah, sure."

Fichtner also said that he doesn't worry about how a director approaches him for a role, only whether he finds it interesting or challenging.

"I think that maybe he was looking for someone like me just to kick it off at the beginning of the film," Fichtner said. "I try not to get into too much of the thought process of the casting of something; it has to come to me as something that's cool. To be honest with you, to say yes to that small thing, to that little uncredited thing, it was really because of Chris Nolan doing it than anything else. I really, really dig this director. I met him a couple of times and I don't know him well, but I like him and he's best buddies with a friend of mine, so [I said] sure."

Stay tuned to IGN for more news, interviews and updates about The Dark Knight and other exciting new movies!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/851/851187p1.html

the line "I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you.. stranger" was epic. It was NICELY delivered. Especially with that grin after that.

Truly. The quick grin was like a cherry on top. He looked as satisfied as cat full of milk, as I like to say. :woot: The "hissing" sound effect when he did that was great, too. Very fitting.

I like how he pauses slightly and thinks before he says "...stranger."

Also, great find, $klaary. Thanks!

I've ranted about this subject a few times on other boards, and this is gonna be my last one, promise. I'm gonna say two words that should make anyone thinking that cutting heath's performance is an option or a good idea....THE CROW. Now that movie came out under very similar circumstances, admitedly not on the same scale as dark night, but both have actors who's performances are very likely to be career defining, now there was talk of re-shooting the crow or not releasing it, but it came out and because of the tragedy of brandon lee's death made the film all the more poignant, now in my opinion (we all have them) we'll have the same feeling over this film, heath's performance will be fantastic and we'll remember him through it, noone thought the crow was in poor taste, and i doubt anyone will for the dark knight. Rant over

IIRC, Brandon Lee's fiance practically insisted they finish the Crow in his honour. Which is to say, I agree.

Just one question: Is the prologue going to appear once again in the very beginning of the completed film or it´s going to be apart as a stand-alone short feature?

Sorry for my english

Thanks in advance

Yes, the prologue is the beginning of the film, but it is capable of standing alone.

It's the opening five minutes of the film, hence it being the prologue. After seeing it, i'm really hyped about this movie, not that i wasn't before, but seeing just that small glimpse of the nolan gotham city and characters inhabiting it, and the piece of score that goes along with it just makes me go all weak at the knees lol safe to say i'm looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"