• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Concerning the Marvel animated series (Spider-Man, X-Men, etc.) on DVD...

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
What the hell is the hold-up? Is Disney the problem here, or is it something else? I mean, we got Fantastic Four, but the rest are nowhere to be found. It's BS, if you ask me. This summer would have been a perfect time to release the Iron Man and Incredible Hulk animated series'. It just feels like these series on DVD would be a huge success, but are being held up for no good reason.

It's not even that. They're giving it to us piecemeal; Spidey vs Ock, GOblin, Venom-like they don't think we care about anything else.

Yeah. Disney is being *******s about this, pure and simple. Same goes for Warner Bros. with X-Men Evolution. They gave us the first two seasons in shoddy four episode DVDs, then gave us the full third season, and finally cut us off. WTF is that?

Plus, R2 is getting these. Why not us?

"R2"?
I hated X-Men Evolution.

Region 2 (UK and such).

And what did you hate about Evolution? Sure, it wasnt incredible, but I enjoyed it. It was much better than recent animated shows like Teen Titans, The Batman or The new Fantastic Four IMO.

THose were horrible too. I hated the whole angle of them going to school w/normal kids & there being a teen brotherhood, Mystique being a principal-all this teen angst nonsense that has nothing to do w/what X-Men's about. I hated the costumes, the voices-I wanted to like the show but I couldn't.

Ah, I just had to defend Evo in the X-Men threads.

True, the first season was meh as was the second until the season finale. From there on, Evolution was a great show. Watch the series finale. Most X-Men fans will love it.

Plus, R2 is getting these. Why not us?

disney does that alot. even Power Rangers got season sets in R2, up to time force currently I believe, but they won't release any of it over here for 1 of 2 reasons.
1) they don't think theres a market for it over here (at least thats why PR hasn't been released)
2) licensing issues (like whats happening with the '66 batman series) One studio owns the episodes, while another owns the trademarks, while another owns the music, etc.

either way it's BS

disney does that alot. even Power Rangers got season sets in R2, up to time force currently I believe, but they won't release any of it over here for 1 of 2 reasons.
1) they don't think theres a market for it over here (at least thats why PR hasn't been released)
2) licensing issues (like whats happening with the '66 batman series) One studio owns the episodes, while another owns the trademarks, while another owns the music, etc.

either way it's BS

It's much more likely that its reason 2, than reason 1. I mean, no market for them? Really, Disney?

It's much more likely that its reason 2, than reason 1. I mean, no market for them? Really, Disney?
Its both. I think Saban still owns the music cues. Since when Disney brought back the black MMPR last season when he morphed they didn't use the orignal theme. I also think it's also part of one as well. Disney doens't think the older show will sell as well as newer ones becasue the kids don't know the MMPR, only Power Rangers( whatever new season it is each year). Proof of them would be the movie dvd. In the title they took out the MM and just left it as power rangers the movie.

The guy in charge of Paramount now thought the same thing about old shows. Thats why Pete and Pete season 3 was canned. Even though both seasons sold out. He didn't want to waste the money because it was an old show no longer known to the main stream.

Its both. I think Saban still owns the music cues. Since when Disney brought back the black MMPR last season when he morphed they didn't use the orignal theme. I also think it's also part of one as well. Disney doens't think the older show will sell as well as newer ones becasue the kids don't know the MMPR, only Power Rangers( whatever new season it is each year). Proof of them would be the movie dvd. In the title they took out the MM and just left it as power rangers the movie.

See what I don't get is,if they think no one watching power rangers right now knows about the older stuff, then why put Adam in the 15th anniversary episode? Theres obviously a market out here for it or else they wouldn't drop refrences to the older stuff all the time like they have been.

The guy in charge of Paramount now thought the same thing about old shows. Thats why Pete and Pete season 3 was canned. Even though both seasons sold out. He didn't want to waste the money because it was an old show no longer known to the main stream.

if you ask me thats an even better reason to put something on dvd. If the only way for people to watch a show is to buy it on dvd, than why cancel it? if anything it should be even better for sales that a show isn't on anymore. More incentive to buy the product.

I hope that Marvel Animation tries to cut a deal with Disney eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"