The Dark Knight Cool Dark Knight references in pop culture

:hehe: I made a thread like this back when the DVD first came out, my first pointing out of influences from TDK were much more tongue-in-cheek though :funny:

TDK Is Influencing Practically ...Everything.

But it's nice to see people notice how much more the movie has "changed things", if you will.

Aziz Ansari has a joke in his stand-up act where he chastises certain members of his audience after asking them to raise their hands if they've never seen The Dark Knight.

Jay-Z quotes Harvey Dent in the song "So Appalled" on Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album.

Is that on YouTube?
Just go on youtube and search Aziz Ansari- Harris. I would just post the link, but the bit has some swearing. He only mentions TDK for just a few seconds in the beginning, though.

*I hope that's what you were asking for.

Just go on youtube and search Aziz Ansari- Harris. I would just post the link, but the bit has some swearing. He only mentions TDK for just a few seconds in the beginning, though.

*I hope that's what you were asking for.

That is what I was asking. Thank you.

I just looked it up. Brilliant stuff lol.

Anyone seen that political anti-EPA ad on TV with the bull rider? The rodeo clown has his face painted up like the Joker (weird too they mention Obama's name right when it focuses on the clown's face)...?

edit: here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wssm9Hg9jc

you can see the clown's face clearly 21 seconds in, could just be a regular clown, but it strongly remsembles the Joker's face imo)

Last edited:
Dean Ambrose is very Joker-esque.

[YT]c4FkP822POU[/YT]

Iron Man 2: Coincidence or not, IM2 has an interrogation scene between the hero and villain, where the villain tells the hero the "ugly truth".

Whiplash always felt like Iron Man 2's attempt at making their version of Joker to me.

I could name the interrogation scene of the Avengers and Skyfall, but that's too obvious. What caught my eye more was the cross cutting of Bond in the Tube and Q relaying him information, the way the camera swirls around Q is very reminiscent of the way the camera acts around Lucious Fox in the climax of The Dark Knight.

And this might necessarily not be an inspiration, but the way the love interest is swiftly killed reminds me of this film. Only I found it more chilling in Skyfall.

Jimbo.jpg

image_175655_2.jpg

[YT]U9AdMbyTu_o[/YT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe