Logan Costumes of Wolverine 3

The Infernal

Mky Mk
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Wolverine dressed in something like this to be honest. I think since it's the same director, who said they left it out of the theatrical cut because he didn't want to just lump someone else with it, he could have the costume in the movie this time. Not to mention it seems as though Fox may be interested in going more comic inspired with costumes given the second set of costumes for Apocalypse.

wolverine-costume.jpeg

Though given that Wolverine may not be the only character from the comics in the film, what do people want to see for costumes for other potential characters? Would people be interested in a psuedo-military take on Sabretooth's classic costume for instance?

For an Old Man Logan inspired story, I'd prefer that look. T-shirt and buzzed white/grey hair. Sometimes with a hat and coat.

Besides, I sorta think they should give the costume debut to the guy who replaces Jackman down the line, to hopefully get people excited about the new Wolverine instead of pissed off.

That's if they replace him and not simply kill him off and have another character like Daken or X-23 come in. Plus Deadpool is arguably the most popular at the moment. They may not need another Wolverine for box office draw for a while. Personally I'd sooner see Hugh in the costume than someone else.

God, I don't want to see Daken and X-23 which are both Wolverine 2.0!

As for the costume, something similar to his costume in DOFP would be nice. If they could find a way for him to wear the mask, then cool.

I'm not a big fan of seeing either of those two in the movies also. Though I have said that if we were to see a version of her I'd prefer her to be Mariko's daughter.

That's if they replace him and not simply kill him off and have another character like Daken or X-23 come in. Plus Deadpool is arguably the most popular at the moment. They may not need another Wolverine for box office draw for a while. Personally I'd sooner see Hugh in the costume than someone else.

Well if they replace him eventually, I'm guessing it'll be for the character before he's old (and possibly killed off) anyways.

But regardless, I'm still not completely convinced this is Jackman's last outing. With the Deadpool popularity and a possible X-Force movie on the way, I could see Jackman just wanting to be part of the fun. The crazy workout seems to be the main reason he wants to stop, but with a costume that covers most of his body, he wouldn't need to be so jacked underneath.

He doesn't even have to do the crazy work-out? I mean, he wasn't that buffed for the 1st X-Men movie.

Well if they replace him eventually, I'm guessing it'll be for the character before he's old (and possibly killed off) anyways.

But regardless, I'm still not completely convinced this is Jackman's last outing. With the Deadpool popularity and a possible X-Force movie on the way, I could see Jackman just wanting to be part of the fun. The crazy workout seems to be the main reason he wants to stop, but with a costume that covers most of his body, he wouldn't need to be so jacked underneath.

If they could have Wolverine in a supporting role to Cable & Deadpool in a X-force movie I'd be cool with that.

If they go down the route of giving a more comic accurate costume for Hugh, I think they'll follow Hawkeye and do it without the mask. Obviously there have been Hawkeye's without the mask, but I don't think they'll cover up Hugh's face. (Which doesn't bother me personally) But still better than nothing.

I do think Ryan is going to work all that charm he has and dangle that R-rating in front of Hugh to get him to do X-Force. Or at least consider it.

While I admit that the classic costume would probably be really out of place for the story, it would be really awesome to see Hugh in it one time before hanging up the claws.

I'd love to see that suit make an appearance, but as FeedyFrog said, it might be better for the next Wolverine actor to get the suit. I just think it might help distinguish the next guy from Jackman's 400 appearances as the character.

I'd like this for the new guy
3865016-0439641321-31669.jpg

Not particularly bothered what Jackman wears, really. He's too big a star to keep a mask on for any length of time.

there is no way they would keep that mask on for a long amount of time anyway.

i think that suit could appear in wolverine 3 for at least a sequence since jackman is trying to go all out of this one

IF they can come up with a reason for Wolverine to wear a mask, okay... I don't want to see his mask just for style.

Like if he was Spider-Man or Batman, that he needs to hide his identity, we would probably seen him with a mask in a X-Men movie, along time ago!

We didn't see him with a mask because Bryan Singer didn't like it, not because of some in universe logic.

James Mangold and Gavin Hood didn't also give him the mask, so? All three directors didn't like it?.... maybe because Logan had no purpose to wear it, other than style? Looking at the other X-Men characters, the things that they have in the comics, were used in the movies because there's a real purpose for them

Magneto - the helmet, so Professor X can't access his mind
Cyclops - the visor, to contain the energy coming out of Cyke's eyes
Rogue - the gloves, she can't touch anyone without hurting them
Professor X - wheelchair, he can't walk
Deadpool - the mask, his face looks really bad and he was hiding his identity in the movie

While Storm's cape isn't really needed, it fits well to her costume when she floats and uses her wind attacks

Last edited:
We didn't see the mask primarily because Singer didn't like it. Who knows about the other directors motivation, other than Mangold who said he didn't want to lump someone else with the responsibility, but the precedent had already been set. The in universe logic and costumes more like the comics came later (much later in a lot of cases).

As for Deadpool's mask. Y'know we only kid around that we erased Origins from our memory, right? :oldrazz:

IMO, they could easily come up with a way to give him the mask and I think the lack of real purpose to wearing it is the main reason why.

While Deadpool in Origins was a different case, it didn't seem like there was a reason for them to put on the mask and besides it wasn't his stand alone movie. We didn't get Elektra's iconic costume in the first season of Daredevil or Zemo's iconic costume in that Civil War movie, right away.

Last edited:
James Mangold and Gavin Hood didn't also give him the mask, so? All three directors didn't like it?.... maybe because Logan had no purpose to wear it, other than style? Looking at the other X-Men characters, the things that they have in the comics, were used in the movies because there's a real purpose for them

Magneto - the helmet, so Professor X can't access his mind
Cyclops - the visor, to contain the energy coming out of Cyke's eyes
Rogue - the gloves, she can't touch anyone without hurting them
Professor X - wheelchair, he can't walk
Deadpool - the mask, his face looks really bad and he was hiding his identity in the movie

While Storm's cape isn't really needed, it fits well to her costume when she floats and uses her wind attacks
LRlknxa.gif

I am pretty confident they will use the suit in a flashback.

For me, if Wolverine doesn't wear the original costume for some part of the movie, frankly, I won't see it. That's the only thing I'm waiting for with this character after ~8 movies.

They have to have hugh in the suit it doesn't have to be for the whole film just a sequence. I think after 9 films of hugh as wolverine and not having him in the suit is like a big middle finger to the fans who have been wanting it from the beginning

Hugh in the suit would be cool. But why would Logan want to wear a costume and a mask?

IMO, if they let him wear the mask, it would be for the fan-service.

Well, we unexpectedly got one comic accurate costume at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"