Crazy Winter Weather Affecting Any of You???

Prognosticator

Superhero
Reaction score
Guys,

It's been a REDICULOUS week in the midwestern United States when it comes to the local weather!

Last Friday, we had the beginnings of an ENORMOUS ice storm come through the state of Oklahoma (as well as many others). Fortunately, my company let us go at 3:00pm, (instead of 5:30!)

It took 3 TIMES as long to drive home, and it hasn't changed since. I've had to come to work ALL WEEK and the weather continues to be a problem. Not only is it a problem now, but we're expected to have another 3-5 inches this Saturday.

...Now I know all of you "cold-weather" Hypers would typically say "big deal Prog, it snows here all the time!" But take into account that we aren't necessarily built to accomodate extreme frozen tundra temperatures.

That being said, who else on here is experiencing the affects of this crazy winter weather?!

Its effecting us in DC I mean here we're going to have an over pop. on flys, ticks, fleas, bees, and all other things. I mean come on now let the snow come and kill these things off.

It's so SCREWY in Oklahoma City. School's are shut down ALL WEEK!

There was no way they could have made it up w/o carrying the school year into June, but I heard yesterday (b/c my fiance is a teacher) that due to our Governor declaring a "State of Emergency", schools won't have to make the extra week up.

What a year to be a high-school'er! :)

yeah...my friggin' Gas and Electric bill. :cmad:

Last week before the storm hit, I kept getting calls from people shopping at Wal-Mart. They said it was UTTER PANDEMONIUM! People were buying out all of the $600 generators, and crap like that. Water was sold out. It was re-tar-ded.

On saturday it snowed a little in some parts of Tijuana, in all my life here I don't remember that happening ever!

tj-snow.jpg

btw, I didn't take that picture and don't know the guy, it's from a local newspaper

The weather here has been amazingly mild, probably the mildest winter I remember.

After a weekend of ice pellet storms, the sun finally came out on monday for a little bit. it was still under freezing, but it was just warm enough to melt everything into a finely tuned tundra of sheet ice, 2-4 inches thick!

I can't tell you how fun the sliding (outside of my car :cmad: ) has been!

It's raining in Los Angeles. :trans:

I take my fiance's dog outside and "we" go sliding around on the ice.

*I feel like a kid again*

I went about 15 yards last night! I was pretty stoked!

It's been an extremely warm winter, not even a hint of snow.

...an alien who doesn't like his work commute expanded from 12 minutes to 50! :cmad:

Hahaha...I just imagined him freaking out when he felt snow falling on his head and screaming towards shelter.

Prog's Log: Stardate 1.532

The sky seems to be falling down around me. I must get to my ship in time before I'm doomed with this planet.

Hahaha...I just imagined him freaking out when he felt snow falling on his head and screaming towards shelter.

The sky seems to be falling down around me. I must get to my ship in time before I'm doomed with this planet.

LOL :woot::up:

I literally heard a fog horn sound effect in my head when I read your joke... I was expecting something so much more funny :(

Wait till Prog gets his first sex scene ala "City of Angels".
[Meg Ryan]See...we fit together![/Meg Ryan]

It has been very warm in Toronto, so much so the flowers started growing ... then we got a cold snap and now it is around 0 C. The temperature dropped so far so fast that everything is a mess on the roads this week.

There have been some weird weather days where i live. 60 degrees one day then the next it is 20 degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"