• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Apocalypse Crowd Reactions to X-Men: Apocalypse (Spoilers)

Leo Zelinsky

Mutie
Reaction score
In wrestling, a pop refers to the reaction of the crowd, often integrated into the show. It is measured by the amount of cheers or boos a wrestler gets during his entrance, interviews, and in-ring performance (especially when a trademark spot is performed by the wrestler). There are many kinds of pops.

Here's some I remember off the top of my head. Who got the biggest pop in your theater?

Professor X​

• When he described Moira's appearance to Beast in Cerebro got a nice pop
  • When he told Havok he only checked up on Moira 1 or twice got a decent pop
  • Using his powers to make the CIA agents take a break got a slight pop
  • Asking Moira if Proteus had a husband got a loud pop from my crowd
  • When Cyclops destroyed his tree got a huge pop

Cyclops​

• When Cyclops was looking at Jean & Wolverine I heard someone yell "He been hating since day 1!"
  • When Cyclops hoped they never see that guy again got a lot of laughs
  • Also when he said "You sure that's not an animal?" Nice pop

Nightcrawler & Quicksilver​

Basically every line they had got a good reaction they were probably tied for most in my theater.

• Nightcrawler's "I'd like to goto the mall" & Smiling for his photo were his biggest.
  • Quicksilver "We don't know bro!" & "Magneto & my mom they did it" were his biggest

Jean Grey​

• Phoenix got the loudest pop of the night

Her joke about the third movie being the worst got a surprising loud reaction. Heard one girl say "I don't get it what's funny?"

Weapon X​

• A lot of women screamed out in fear during his cameo

Magneto​

• His wife & daughter getting killed got a sad reaction from my crowd

Stan Lee​

• Huge Pop

Last edited:
My audience laughed at most of the jokes.

There were loud gasps when Magneto's family was killed. I knew it was coming but was still shocked.

The Quicksilver scene got the audience buzzing with some applause.

People lost their sanity during the Wolverine cameo. The guy beside me literally started stomping.

The audience clapped for Jean's Phoenix moment.

Someone shouted "McAvoy" when his name came up in the end credits
The movie was applauded at the end. It was the movie's first showing this theatre on a Thursday night so it was a good fan crowd.

Nightcrawler smiling for the camera got some laughs!

Quicksilver got some laughs from the beginning he showed up.

Then someone noticed Mystique didn't really the guy she were elbowing. And everytime a new character showed up people were like "Psylocke".... "Jubilee".

All of Nightcrawler and Quicksilver's lines got lots of laughs. And the Moira/Charles stuff.

Nightcrawler and Quicksilver were definite crowd favorites.

I think you could include Jean to that. People were stanning for her after the movie when I saw it last Saturday.

The crowd barely reacted to the post credits scene. It was more of a ugh.

Nightcrawler got the most laughs.

Yeah I heard of lot of "Huh?" after the post credit scene. Then one dude just went "Mr. Sinister y'all!"

People cheered when Quicksilver came on, but there was a distinct sense that the scene dragged on way too long for people. There were snickers but not out right laughter.

People gasped during the Magneto forest scene.

There was also a lot of audible 'HOLY ****s' when Apocalypse appeared in the factory with Magneto and melted the factory workers into the ground.

Nightcrawler, Xavier flirting with Moira were consistently well-received.

The '3rd film' joke got laughter from a distinct group of guys behind me.

People also laughed at the 'the last time we will see him' joke from Scott about Wolverine.

The post credit scene was not that great a success though. People were confused. One girl behind me was like 'That's it?', but i couldn't tell whether she was referring the scene or the movie in general.

I think my crowd overall had a lukewarm reception. No applause, just people drifting off by the end of the movie. There was one guy who was so excited at the start and was telling his girlfriend, 'Please let it be good'. I hope the movie met his expectations.

Last edited:
I hope we hear more about Proteus and Moira's horrible husband in the next film. That may be a little dark though.

Charles/Moira, Nightcrawler and Quicksilver got the best reactions. In fact, this is the most i've seen an audience laugh during an X-Men movie.:D:

Same gasps when Magneto's family was killed.

One girl a few seats away thought Nina was Scarlett Witch

People were puzzled about the post credit scene. It's only on the third showing that someone in front of me said Sinister.

My theater was pretty empty, but there was some laughing and even some applause when Wolverine showed up. I was the only one who stayed for the after credit scene...

Do people really cheer and applause through a film? Is this generally an American thing? Idk, I'm from England and I don't ever recall a time where I've been in a cinema and people have cheered or clapped. The only type of reaction you hear is laughs when a joke is told or whatever.

I can understand people clapping at the end of a film maybe but I think it would be hella annoying if they did it during the movie at some scene. Like people were really cheering during the likes of the phoenix scene or clapping when Wolverine showed up? I would want to tell the to ****!

Someone in front of me was texting throughout the movie. That was far more aggravating then the applause.

All the moments people said got a lot of love. The Nightcrawler bit smiling at the camera was well received all 3 times I saw it. Also Psylocke got a lot of love especially the car chop scene. Phoenix of course and the Xavier, Alex, Moira scenes were well loved.

People laughed a good amount. Magneto's family's death got gasps. Lots of applause at the end too. My audience dug it.

Do people really cheer and applause through a film? Is this generally an American thing? Idk, I'm from England and I don't ever recall a time where I've been in a cinema and people have cheered or clapped. The only type of reaction you hear is laughs when a joke is told or whatever.

I can understand people clapping at the end of a film maybe but I think it would be hella annoying if they did it during the movie at some scene. Like people were really cheering during the likes of the phoenix scene or clapping when Wolverine showed up? I would want to tell the to ****!

Opening night of any superhero flick gets that over here.

I was at the first showing here and people laughed at pretty much all the jokes, cheered when Quicksilver came on and applauded at the end.

I'm going to see it again tonight. We'll see if it gets the same reactions on a Tuesday night.

[BLACKOUT]Wolverine[/BLACKOUT] got the most applause at my screening. I still wish they had left that a surprise instead of putting it in the last trailer.

* when the bee slowed down people started clapping and wooing, then when the music kicked in it was full on cheering.
* biggest laugh was when magneto was like "if you came to stop me from killing these men...." and then Apocalypse killed them quickly
* when Jean walked out on air the crowd started going nuts
* another big laugh was hank's face during the quicksilver scene

mcavoy got tons of laughs he was surprisingly very funny in XMA

Weird how crowds differ between countries.

Here in Belgium, there's only some laughter with funny scenes and maybe a scream with jump scares. These things I don't mind.

I wouldn't stand an audience cheering, shouting stuff or clapping their hands. It seems so obnoxious. I prefer a quiet and concentrated audience (who doesn't use their phones). It's the best way to completely loose yourself in a movie on the big screen.

We were watching for it for a second time (first was free public screening), and had several teenagers giving their commentary in the first 15-20 minutes.

The moment the arrow accidentally went off and killed Erick's family, one of em mouthed off "DEAD!" I had enough, and told them we could all collectively do without their live commentary and to shut the Hell up. Scared them enough I didn't hear a peep for the rest of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"