The Amazing Spider-Man Dafoe On Spider-Man 4 Return--"I Think It's Possible."

Reaction score
We recently brought you the news that Dylan Baker will reprise his role as Dr. Curt Connors in "Spider-Man 4," heralding some hope that The Lizard could finally make his long-awaited debut as Peter Parker's newest nemesis. But let's not forget some of Spidey's other contenders, like the Green Goblin.

While the villain might thrive on the bright lights of Broadway courtesy of Alan Cumming, original Green Goblin actor Willem Dafoe's future involvement in the Sam Raimi-directed franchise isn't exactly a certainty—in fact, Dafoe himself still doesn't know whether he'll appear in future "Spider-Man" movies.

"Let's put it this way — no one's called," the actor told MTV News in a recent interview.

The most difficult obstacle standing in the way of Dafoe's return is, of course, his character's death. But even though Norman Osborn met his maker by the end of the first "Spider-Man" installment, Dafoe has reprised the role in the two subsequent outings as a mirror-bound apparition seen by his son, Harry.

Now, the trouble lies in the fact that Harry—played by James Franco in the first three films—is presumably out of the picture after his apparent death in "Spider-Man 3." With Harry gone, what role could Norman possibly play? It's a difficult challenge to overcome, but one that Dafoe doesn't find impossible.

"I think it's possible," he said about a possible return to the "Spider-Man" franchise. "But I haven't heard anything."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/11/0...ng-to-spider-man-movies-i-think-its-possible/

I'm pretty sure that they'll only be in for flashback purposes, but in either case, I do believe that Dafoe and Papajohn need to take a break from the series.

Mysterio using Peters guilt as his weapon. Bringing back past characters who have died as cameos. Where Peter sees them in an illusion and they all torment him for letting them die (This is caused by Peters strong guilt in his mind)

I don't see him being in SM4, but if Mysterio ever makes an appearance, I can't wait to see him and Peter confront eachother again (in an illusion that is). Green Goblin is my favorite villain, so that's why I'd love to see Mysterio in one of the movies... :p

i said it before and i'll say it again Green Goblin Serum = Healing Factor (it's in the comics)

^^^
No duh, but this isn't the comics. They may not want to resurrect villains for sequels.

That would be a cool scene. Peter seeing Uncle Ben and Harry together and telling Peter that hes let them down. Then Peter goes back to the warehouse(Its all an illusion) and sees the carjacker,who tells Peter he killed him. Then has a battle with the past villains who have died, Goblin,Ock and Venom and they blame Peter for their deaths.

In the end,Peter accepts he wasnt to blame for their deaths and becomes stronger for it.

I say save Mysterio for the 6th movie. That way maybe he could possibly make illusions of all the villains Spidey's faced.

^^^
No duh, but this isn't the comics. They may not want to resurrect villains for sequels.

Exactly. Instead of resurrecting villains they should focus on ones we haven't seen yet. Ones who'll provide new challenges. Instead of repeating an old formula, going nowhere.

Peter has always had guilt looming around him in every movie. That would be the best subject to tackle now.

His guilt was at its strongest in 3.

Last edited:
Mysterio using Peters guilt as his weapon. Bringing back past characters who have died as cameos. Where Peter sees them in an illusion and they all torment him for letting them die (This is caused by Peters strong guilt in his mind)

This is the only acceptable reason for Gobby returning.

Uncle Ben's been in all the sequals, too, and he's deader than Jacob Marley.

He'll probably pop up in SM-4, too.

Norman and Harry still need to appear to Bernard too convince him to because the sliver goblin
:oldrazz:

I see Cliff Robertson wheeling around a Medical Ventilator the next time we see him as Uncle Ben.

Resurrect Dafoe in an Avengers movie and stuff him in an america themed robot suit.

Uncle Ben's been in all the sequals, too, and he's deader than Jacob Marley.

He'll probably pop up in SM-4, too.

Love the literary reference. :lmao:

I'd much rather see Kraven/Lizard (Liz being a favorite) and find Mysterio always kind of lame. But I admit a Scarecrow-esque hallucination where he sees all those he feels guilty for and having to let go of Ben, Harry, Otto, et. al. would be great. Especially as I'm sure they'd all love return cameos. And then just have Dafoe there for one mean glare before knocking the **** out of Peter and he wakes up to realize he is getting beaten by Beck but saw his worst enemy who he still felt guilt for, the scary Norman.

Would be quite cool. Indeed.

I truly hope the only way green goblin comes back is in the form of an illusion. I remember walking out of Spider-man 3 and two girls near me were talking about how sad it was that Harry died but then one of them said he would be back because he heals . I just think if you bring back Norman you'll have to bring back Harry and that would be ridiculous.

i like this. it could work very well indeed.

Man, I thought I was a Mysterio-fan, but you've been preaching about him in every single thread. Starts to get a little annoying if you ask me...

Man, I thought I was a Mysterio-fan, but you've been preaching about him in every single thread. Starts to get a little annoying if you ask me...

Hahaha. Ill give it a rest then. Sorry for annoying you.:woot:

Actually, Dafoe returning would be pretty cool in my book if they went with the Gwen's Death storyline.

I'd love to see that. Kinda like a wannabe reboot.

Maybe the GG anticipated that spidey could kill him in battle so he gave himself a suped up version of the Goblin formula that has 10 times the healing power than what Harry used.

But the formula has kept in a dormat sleep while the formula has been slowly healing him all these years.

Maybe the GG anticipated that spidey could kill him in battle so he gave himself a suped up version of the Goblin formula that has 10 times the healing power than what Harry used.

But the formula has kept in a dormat sleep while the formula has been slowly healing him all these years.

actually harry used more of the serum. if they brought back norman they could just use the explanation from the pre-harry return comics which was that he took too much + modified the serum and it was poisoning him rather than healing.

GG should of never been killed off in the first place.....Him coming back be great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"