The Amazing Spider-Man Dafoe On Spider-Man 4 Return--"I Think It's Possible."

I thought Norman/GG dying in the first movie really set the next two films up perfectly(even though Spider-Man 3 was a disappointment IMO). Harry discovering the secret lair and eventually becoming the Ninja Goblin in the third film.

I think everyone loves Dafoe and the way he played Osborn.

Even though most people want to see new villains that we have yet to see in the movies, I personally think that no matter who they introduce, they'll never have the same emotional weight that Norman does in Peter's story. That said, I'd love for Dafoe to return as Osborn, in a role reduced to a cameo at first, with an eventual reveal saved for a later movie.

But only if they can find a good reason for him to come back. And if the writing's smart.

The best reason I can think of is to assemble the Sinister Six. But again, save that huge undertaking for a later movie. Plant the seed, but let other characters like Lizard, Kraven, Electro and Vulture show up first.

I think everyone loves Dafoe and the way he played Osborn.

Even though most people want to see new villains that we have yet to see in the movies, I personally think that no matter who they introduce, they'll never have the same emotional weight that Norman does in Peter's story. That said, I'd love for Dafoe to return as Osborn, in a role reduced to a cameo at first, with an eventual reveal saved for a later movie.

But only if they can find a good reason for him to come back. And if the writing's smart.

The best reason I can think of is to assemble the Sinister Six. But again, save that huge undertaking for a later movie. Plant the seed, but let other characters like Lizard, Kraven, Electro and Vulture show up first.

I like this. But then again, if you introduce Kraven, Electro and Vulture, you only have 3 members and with the Green Goblin you've got 4, so you'd at least need another movie for the other 2 members to be introduced, so the Sinister Six would, according to me, only be possible for Spider-Man 7... :csad:

The only way he could be brought back is:

A) A flashback with Roderick Kingsley stealing the blueprints of Green Goblin's old glider to make a new one. This could explain why Harry had to make his own suit to differentiate from his father.

B) He is, like someone said, used as a way to haunt Peter via by Mysterio. Norman, Doc Ock, the car-jacker, Harry, and maybe even Eddie Brock could all come back as illusions and torment Peter going, "Why couldn't you save us? Some hero you are!"

I wouldn't mind him getting resurrected somehow -- though I know it won't happen -- Just give him a GOOD EFFIN' SUIT :argh:

No resurrection. It failed in the comics, so we should let Norman just die.

But he lives on. In spirit.

Plus, the guy took more s**t in Antichrist and didn't die then!

:huh:

The Green Goblin
The Rocket Racer Goblin
The Dead Goblin.

Marvel's version of the Terrible Trio.

I like this. But then again, if you introduce Kraven, Electro and Vulture, you only have 3 members and with the Green Goblin you've got 4, so you'd at least need another movie for the other 2 members to be introduced, so the Sinister Six would, according to me, only be possible for Spider-Man 7... :csad:

Well, you have Norman Osborn leading the Six. Plus, Kraven, Vulture, Electro and don't forget Sandman.

That's five. Five characters you could assemble by part Six. So who's a possible candidate for the sixth slot? I think Doc Ock could come back.

Now, Doc Ock's always traditionally been the leader of the Sinister Six, so it'd be great to have him on the team in some capacity. I'd love to see him and Osborn trade insults and argue about who could lead the team better. Osborn as leader and Ock as head scientist is something we've seen before in Ultimate Spider-Man comics and the Spectacular Spider-Man show.

But how do you bring back Doctor Octopus, on top of already bringing back Norman Osborn? He died and redeemed himself right before, too. Well it could work, especially if Osborn's been alive the entire time, plotting behind the scenes. Imagine at the end of Spider-Man 2, while Peter and MJ swing away from drowning Doc, Osborn flies a glider right into the ocean and fishes him out. Ock's lost some memory and gets some brain damage from almost drowning. So Norman does what he does best, he brain-washes and manipulates Ock into thinking it's Spidey's fault he's the monster he is and Spidey's fault his wife died. And since Ock comes back, he could be the character who rebells against Osborn and essentially helps Peter defeat him and the Sinister Six in Spider-Man 6.

But this is a Willem Dafoe thread and not a bring back Doctor Octopus thread, so my basic point is this: it is possible to assemble the Sinister Six by Spider-Man 6.

[A];17702467 said:
I wouldn't mind him getting resurrected somehow -- though I know it won't happen -- Just give him a GOOD EFFIN' SUIT :argh:

Second.

Well, you have Norman Osborn leading the Six. Plus, Kraven, Vulture, Electro and don't forget Sandman.

That's five. Five characters you could assemble by part Six. So who's a possible candidate for the sixth slot? I think Doc Ock could come back.

Now, Doc Ock's always traditionally been the leader of the Sinister Six, so it'd be great to have him on the team in some capacity. I'd love to see him and Osborn trade insults and argue about who could lead the team better. Osborn as leader and Ock as head scientist is something we've seen before in Ultimate Spider-Man comics and the Spectacular Spider-Man show.

But how do you bring back Doctor Octopus, on top of already bringing back Norman Osborn? He died and redeemed himself right before, too. Well it could work, especially if Osborn's been alive the entire time, plotting behind the scenes. Imagine at the end of Spider-Man 2, while Peter and MJ swing away from drowning Doc, Osborn flies a glider right into the ocean and fishes him out. Ock's lost some memory and gets some brain damage from almost drowning. So Norman does what he does best, he brain-washes and manipulates Ock into thinking it's Spidey's fault he's the monster he is and Spidey's fault his wife died. And since Ock comes back, he could be the character who rebells against Osborn and essentially helps Peter defeat him and the Sinister Six in Spider-Man 6.

But this is a Willem Dafoe thread and not a bring back Doctor Octopus thread, so my basic point is this: it is possible to assemble the Sinister Six by Spider-Man 6.

Okay, but Doc Ock returning would be weird somehow... You've already got GG returning from "death", so another one would probably be too much. And about your 5th member, Sandman, why would he join the Sinister Six after what happened at the end of SM3?

Maybe the 6th member could already be set up in SM5 by making him have a few interactions with Spidey and make him become his alter ego as a cliffhanger or after credits scene. Then give him a few moments alone with Spidey in the beginning of the movie, but he gets defeated and joins the Sinister Six.

I still think the Sinister Six might be a little too much for 1 movie though...

I vote NO to Norman rising from the grave.

Unless Aunt May accidentally uncovers the Necronomicon hidden with old wheat cake recipes, no thank you.

^^ 'Tis is true.

We've had a fairy Sandman and the Rocket Racer.

We could very well get Bigfoot to show up and the fans would be oblivious because they love Raimi.

hahaha

the rocket racer

that's a new one to me lol. he did actually look like the rocket racer... heck the design for the rocket racer in the 90's animated was even a step above

Okay, but Doc Ock returning would be weird somehow... You've already got GG returning from "death", so another one would probably be too much. And about your 5th member, Sandman, why would he join the Sinister Six after what happened at the end of SM3?

Maybe the 6th member could already be set up in SM5 by making him have a few interactions with Spidey and make him become his alter ego as a cliffhanger or after credits scene. Then give him a few moments alone with Spidey in the beginning of the movie, but he gets defeated and joins the Sinister Six.

I still think the Sinister Six might be a little too much for 1 movie though...

Good idea. Very possible.

And even though Sandman very peacefully floated away at the end of Spider-Man 3, that doesn't mean he won't ever engage in criminal activities again, heck, he really doesn't have much of a choice. He's a super-powered freak, incapable of ever leading a normal life again. OR, he could just be blackmailed into joining by having Norman Osborn, or whoever leads the Sinister Six, threaten Flint Marko's daughter or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"