Dame Kelly Holmes, Paula Radcliffe and Sharron Davies to write to IOC over transgender athletes

What expectations need to be communicated or changed, for a group of people who make up a tiny fraction of athletes across the globe? That trans athletes shouldn't be allowed to compete with everyone else?

Actually my suggestion was quite the opposite. Create an Open where everyone can compete in the same category.

They aren't "intentionally cheatings". So they are cheating "unintentionally".

You are talking about PEDs in the manner of someone who have very little knowledge of them. Same with HRT.

Yes the question is whether there is an unintentional advantage being provided to them. That is the whole point of the conversation and thread. Does the HRT alter body chemistry in a manner that gives an athlete a competitive advantage over someone who does not undergo the same therapy? Granted I've met more women who've transitioned to men than vice versa. None of them competitive athletes. But I've heard them talk about the changes in hair growth, physicality, muscle development, and strength afforded to them by the testosterone treatments. As for the two men I've met. One was a painter by trade, the other an excavator operator. They are different than they were, but still retained much of the muscle mass they had prior their treatments. It wasn't like they suddenly became 5'2" petite glamor models. They arrived at that destination and were happy albeit differently than cisgender counter parts.

The umbrella of PEDs is pretty vast from those that provide temporary benefit, to those that have a longer term impact. Also like say testosterone which is used by sprinters is typically used to increase those levels and not suppress. Granted the regulation of female athletes to keep that below a certain level flies in the face of someone like say Caster Semenya, who you brought up earlier, who produces naturally higher levels. This concept of lowering even the levels of cisgender athletes flies in the face of what can be. The question also exists would they have to regulate her natural levels if people who arrived at those levels, either via HRT or PED, unnaturally did not compete?

PEDs are specifically used to cheat. There is no getting around it. They are performance enhancing drugs. HRT treatment in trans women athletes who are forced to do it to compete lowers performance in general. PEDs are done for nefarious means. Any comparison is ridiculous and rather gross. Just like the idea that a trans woman athlete would be cheating unintentionally by simply competing.

But that's the entire question. Is there a competitive advantage being afforded people who go through HRT treatments? Even in the case you present its artificially altering their performance capabilities. Though you're contending it's not as bad or it's even hindering their abilities. There is still an alteration taking place.

If you don't like the term PED that's fine. Please give me a better one to represent a chemical therapy that provides an advantage to one athlete over another either intentionally or unintentionally.

This comes with the ridiculous policing of athletes who aren't cheating.

The bigger problem is that there are people who are cheating and ruining it for everyone.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Alright, that's going to be enough transphobic dogwhistling from you. It may be April Fool's Day for some, but your banning is no joke.
ngvjZOj.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"