Damn you DC

Reaction score
In reading the interviews about the what they really were going to do for Superboy in IC. I am upset :cmad: in the TPB of IC they break down issue by issue in the interview section and what was suppose to happen was after the first fight between Superboy and Superboy-Prime. Superboy was suppose to go to the future with the Legion and heal up and come back with the Legion and beat the carp out of Superboy-Prime but that was idea was killed because the Legion was off-limits and so now we have Supergirl with them.:cmad:

And Supergirl blows ass, so it be.

Then again, this meant Nightwing stayed alive. Which really, with the return of Wolfman, is the choice I prefer. Superboy and the Legion laying the smackdown on Prime would've been kickass though.

As awful token deaths go, yes, Superboy dying is probably a less awful option than Nightwing dying (and by the same token, Supergirl replacing Superboy is an infinity of times better than Jason Todd replacing Nightwing, or whatever awful thing they had planned).

But I still can't countenance the one as any kind of excuse for the other.

No no one was going to die if they were allowed to use the Legion that was the whole point of it.

Superboy and the Legion would have been great.

and Jason Tood was suppose to be the Jason Tood of Earth-2 who found Batman's cave after he died and trained in there to become just like him only misguided.

Harlekin said:
Anyone got scans of this stuff?
Seriously...there is a whole other thread about these added pages, yet the only scan I've seen from the TPB is the expanded hero splash at the end. WTF?!

All-Star Superman said:
In reading the interviews about the what they really were going to do for Superboy in IC. I am upset :cmad: in the TPB of IC they break down issue by issue in the interview section and what was suppose to happen was after the first fight between Superboy and Superboy-Prime. Superboy was suppose to go to the future with the Legion and heal up and come back with the Legion and beat the carp out of Superboy-Prime but that was idea was killed because the Legion was off-limits and so now we have Supergirl with them.:cmad:
I'm still interested to see where the Supergirl and the Legion thing goes, although I've never been a big Legion guy. I admit that I liked the Legion reboot a lot more pre-Supergirl.

While I really became attached to Kon, his death was meaningful. It was handled well. I agree with the decision to make him less powerful than *****-Prime right up until the end. *****-Prime needed to be a threat.

Although, if Superboy hadn't gotten his ass handed to him, the Flashes wouldn't have had to go jogging into the Speed Force, and we might still have Wally. That is my greatest sadness in this whole thing. I loved Infinite Crisis and everything it's meant to the DCU, except for that.

All-Star Superman said:
and Jason Tood was suppose to be the Jason Tood of Earth-2 who found Batman's cave after he died and trained in there to become just like him only misguided.
Why. Didn't. They. DO THAT!

Although, if his name was really "Jason Tood," maybe it's better this way.

Jason: I'm Jason Tood, and I'm the evil, vicious, take-no-prisoners, no-holds-barred vigilante, Red Hood!

Batman: heh heh...

Jason: What?

Sorry, it's a dick thing to make fun of, but it struck me as funny, and its a quarter to 4 right now.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Jason: I'm Jason Tood, and I'm the evil, vicious, take-no-prisoners, no-holds-barred vigilante, Red Hood!

Batman: heh heh...

Jason: What?

Oh man that is like the best grim'n'gritty Akshun Badazz name ever.

"Oh noes fellow ne'er do wells, it's CAPTAIN 'TOOD!"

"Halt evildoers, lest I sneer at you derisively, and make snide remarks about your manhood!"

fifthfiend said:
As awful token deaths go, yes, Superboy dying is probably a less awful option than Nightwing dying (and by the same token, Supergirl replacing Superboy is an infinity of times better than Jason Todd replacing Nightwing, or whatever awful thing they had planned).

But I still can't countenance the one as any kind of excuse for the other.
**** that. I would've much rather seen Nightwing just get killed off. Conner's death allowed Supergirl to taint the Legion's comic with her presence, turned Wonder Girl and Robin into melodramatic parodies of themselves in Teen Titans, and started the whole resurrection cult crap in 52 that's further ruined Ralph Dibny's character. Nightwing's death wouldn't have made much difference given that Dick cut all ties with his past life between IC and OYL anyway. Babs would've lost her fiance, you say? That happened anyway. Dick, the character we all knew and loved, would've been gone? Judging from his wildly inconsistent portrayals in Outsiders and Nightwing, that seems to have happened anyway, as well (besides, neither the Outsiders nor the Nightwing portrayal have been very Dick Grayson-like to begin with, beyond just being different from each other). Jason Todd taking over as Nightwing would've sucked, sure, but--oh wait, that happened too, and we had to sit through a whole god-awful story arc about it while hoping Dick would oust him and retake the mantle all for himself. If Dick had just died and Jason had taken over as Nightwing, we could've all saved a little money by never touching the Nightwing series OYL, since we would've known from the start that it would suck.

I heard Conner was being to much of a Diva for DC to handle. He beat Wonder Girl up and slapped Tim in the face and called him a ****** because he couldn't get his lines right. Then he started sending the interns on coke runs and some days he wouldn't show up for rehearsal. Then when they tried to fire him all hell broke lose. He called the editors Jews and they killed christ and now they want to kill his son and rape his mom. Then trashed the studio and treated Cassandra as a chinese finger cuff and gave him self a hi five a t super speeds. Which is why shes been acting weird and why know ones heard of Star Jones since she left the view. People are saying that he paid off Mel Gibson in childrens souls to take the dive for him.

TheCorpulent1 said:
**** that. I would've much rather seen Nightwing just get killed off. Conner's death allowed Supergirl to taint the Legion's comic with her presence, turned Wonder Girl and Robin into melodramatic parodies of themselves in Teen Titans, and started the whole resurrection cult crap in 52 that's further ruined Ralph Dibny's character. Nightwing's death wouldn't have made much difference given that Dick cut all ties with his past life between IC and OYL anyway. Babs would've lost her fiance, you say? That happened anyway. Dick, the character we all knew and loved, would've been gone? Judging from his wildly inconsistent portrayals in Outsiders and Nightwing, that seems to have happened anyway, as well (besides, neither the Outsiders nor the Nightwing portrayal have been very Dick Grayson-like to begin with, beyond just being different from each other). Jason Todd taking over as Nightwing would've sucked, sure, but--oh wait, that happened too, and we had to sit through a whole god-awful story arc about it while hoping Dick would oust him and retake the mantle all for himself. If Dick had just died and Jason had taken over as Nightwing, we could've all saved a little money by never touching the Nightwing series OYL, since we would've known from the start that it would suck.

Good point. Superboy dying in IC is even worse than Dick Grayson dying in IC. So it be.

While I really became attached to Kon, his death was meaningful. It was handled well. I agree with the decision to make him less powerful than *****-Prime right up until the end. *****-Prime needed to be a threat.

Meaningful except they bled all the meaning out of his character and then sent him off to die.

He got mind-****ed by Luthor, sulked a bunch, got the **** slapped out of him by Emoboy, and then he got beaten to death, in the process of not actually beating Emoboy. What ****ing kind of meaning is that? It's like they gave him a three-act character arc, got two acts in, and said **** it, we're just gonna kill him right here.

Oh well. 'Least he finally got to nail Cassie.

Although even that's a bunch of crap, cause they never should've killed off Tana Moon.:mad:

fifthfiend said:
Meaningful except they bled all the meaning out of his character and then sent him off to die.

He got mind-****ed by Luthor, sulked a bunch, got his jaw knocked out of place by Supergirl, got the **** slapped out of him by Emoboy, and then he got beaten to death, in the process of not actually beating Emoboy. What ****ing kind of meaning is that? It's like they gave him a three-act character arc, got two acts in, and said **** it, we're just gonna kill him right here.

Oh well. 'Least he finally got to nail Cassie.

Although even that's a bunch of crap, cause they never should've killed off Tana Moon.:mad:
fixed it.

Thanks, I knew I'd forgot something in there.

And Supergirl ****ing blows ass, as previously established.

fifthfiend said:
And Supergirl ****ing blows ass, as previously established.
Now that is true. I am still wondering why they couldn't have used the Legion and kept both of them alive as planned or why couldn't they just have let Supergirl die. But oh well whats done is done I just hope Conner is Super Nova if not then so be it.

All-Star Superman said:
Now that is true. I am still wondering why they couldn't have used the Legion and kept both of them alive as planned or why couldn't they just have let Supergirl die. But oh well whats done is done I just hope Conner is Super Nova if not then so be it.
What, so they can kill him again? He's dead OYL.

while super-boy dieing was not really a big deal to alot of comic fans, Dick Grayson dieing would be like killing half of the Batman mythos. Kon-el was not along for to long, and he didn't do much in that time when you think about it. But saying kon-el dieing is worse then dick Grayson, a character that is pure classic is little over the top. Also Dc is bringing in more silver-age elements, and Conner Kent is a product of the 90s, and probbaly hated buy most of the current DC staff who are silver-age fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"