Dave Filoni's Mandoverse Film

As in this will be the finale of The Mandalorian? But on the big screen? Do I finally have to start watching that show now?

I guess it will be a crossover with Thrawn as the main villain. I was expecting a miniseries, but a movie is probably better. Will this be theatrical?

this will be the Avengrs movie of the SW Universe

I'd be excited if Mando season 3 wasn't so crappy right now. Favreau should've been the one to direct this. If the rumors are true, I can understand why he didn't.

Not really sold on Filoni directing this, but I hope he steps up to the plate. I also hope they do more location work so it's not walking back and forth across the same twenty feet for two hours or so.

Yeah I think you have to be happy for Dave.

You don't have to like all of his work on the franchise to recognize that the guy has a deep love of it, has contributed to so much of the lore, was essentially 'knighted' by Lucas as the heir, and I think seeing anybody from an animation background back the leap to live action is something worth celebrating as that can be a tough barrier to break in the industry. He's dedicated a significant chunk of his life to telling Star Wars stories, he deserves this opportunity to do it with a big screen budget and make that next step in his career.

I also kind of blame a lot of this season of Mando's awkwardness to what had to be some Disney interference with backtracking on the ending of last season.

Last edited:
Honestly, I feel like the biggest weak link in Mano/Boba is Favreau based. Yes, he's given us great things...

But, the current issues in writing/plotting feel more like Cowboys Vs. Aliens / Iron Man II and less like any weaker Clone Wars episodes or aspects.

Honestly, I feel like the biggest weak link in Mano/Boba is Favreau based. Yes, he's given us great things...

But, the current issues in writing/plotting feel more like Cowboys Vs. Aliens / Iron Man II and less like any weaker Clone Wars episodes or aspects.
I definitely have FAR more faith in Filoni than Favreau where Star Wars is concerned.

Of the three movies, this is the one I am 100% sure is happening.

Filoni is like with Bryce Dallas Howard. What they've they done on the shows is interesting enough that I kind of want to see what they can do on the big screen. Now, being a good TV director doesn't always translate to big screen movies, but I don't see why they shouldn't be given the chance.

And this movie is 100% Heir to the Empire.

Filoni is like with Bryce Dallas Howard. What they've they done on the shows is interesting enough that I kind of want to see what they can do on the big screen. Now, being a good TV director doesn't always translate to big screen movies, but I don't see why they shouldn't be given the chance.

Yup, I was gonna say that too. If two out of three movies end up in development hell/cancelled, this won't definitely won't be it.

This movie feels like sort of a consolation prize to SW fans who weren’t quite down on the Sequel Trilogy and the way it treated Luke, and just wanted to see a lot of the EU/Heir to the Empire material adapted into films.

I never agreed with the hate, but it’s still kind of cool that we’re getting that material in some form on the screen. And we still get Sequel Trilogy Era film stuff as well. It’s a win-win.

I just hope we don’t get soulless, dead-eyed, deepfaked, vocally robotic Luke Skywalker in this in any shape or form whatsoever. Just get Sebastian Stan or some lookalike and everyone will accept it.

This movie feels like sort of a consolation prize to SW fans who weren’t quite down on the Sequel Trilogy and the way it treated Luke, and just wanted to see a lot of the EU/Heir to the Empire material adapted into films.

I never agreed with the hate, but it’s still kind of cool that we’re getting that material in some form on the screen. And we still get Sequel Trilogy Era film stuff as well. It’s a win-win.

I just hope we don’t get soulless, dead-eyed, deepfaked, vocally robotic Luke Skywalker in this in any shape or form whatsoever. Just get Sebastian Stan or some lookalike and everyone will accept it.
At the very least, if they won't outright recast they should hire an actual voice actor for Luke.

Wow, I’m totally up for this. Don’t want Mandalorian stuff to be wrapped up though. They are the coolest things in the SW universe after Jedi and Sith.

Dead ringer Stan has earned it after Pam and Tommy. It’s his time. :cool: :beaming:

I don’t see this doing well. Momentum for the show has passed. And why would I pay to see something on the big screen that I’ve been getting on Disney Plus?

Fallen behind on The Mandalorian and they didn’t really endear themselves toward me catching up with that BS of reuniting Mando and Baby Yoda outside the confines of The Mandalorian, but… this is intriguing.

I feel like this will be the true test of whether a streaming audience matches up against a theatrical audience. Yes, we have 2/3 of the leads in the next Captain Marvel having originated on streaming shows and there’s Cap 4 picking up after Falcon and Winter Soldier, but making a culmination of all these series and bringing it to the big screen? Interested to see if it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"