BvS David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slumcat

Sidekick
Reaction score
So far this is what has been revealed by the studio.

Story: David S. Goyer & Zack Snyder
Screenplay: David S. Goyer

This was revealed at Comic Con when it was announced that Batman would star in Man Of Steel Sequel.

Now that Ben Affleck has been announced as Batman, do you see any change in the above line-up. Even if Affleck doesn't get an official story or screenplay credit, he might ghost-write them.

But what would you like Goyer to write in the sequel?

I would like lots of dialog scenes for Clark (not Superman), and a lot of scenes with Jenny and Martha. Diane Lane gave a very strong performance I think. She should definitely get some good scenes.

Last edited:
No Goyer please and if he is to write it should be done under heavy supervision.

I don't think Goyer is as awful as people make him out to be. Yeah, I'd like someone else to take a run at the script too, but Goyer's not THAT bad.

If Affleck is hired to act, that's all he will do.
Unions are serious about this sort of thing.

A lot of people were saying they wanted Goyer to have help; I recall on this board hearing a lot of people bring up some guy name Nolan, not Christopher Nolan. Now that Ben is here I equally hope the script will be improved yet also don't want Ben to strong arm out of the job he was actually hired to do which is act.
Ben has more star power than Henry
Ben is an award winning screen writer which puts him ahead of Goyer.
He is an award winning director which puts him ahead of Snyder.
Good lord it feels like WB essentially just gave this movie to Ben.

Would love for Affleck to help Goyer out, there's a reason he seems to be people's biggest issue with MoS.

If Affleck is hired to act, that's all he will do.
Unions are serious about this sort of thing.

Edward Norton rewrote the Increidble hulk script and basiclly served as unofficial co-director.The WGA claimed norton basiclly only rewrote dialogue to deny him credit.That was factor of his failing out with marvel.Him being so involved and him being upset a lot of character scenes were cut out.

I trust him. He has been linked to some of the greatest comic adaptations of our generation.

If the people who constantly jab at his storytelling can do any better, I welcome them to go make some money and write the next classic comic book screenplay.

Would love for Affleck to help Goyer out, there's a reason he seems to be people's biggest issue with MoS.

Most people don't know where to aim their displeasure so often times it falls to the popular and internet fueled punching bag imo.

For example, on principle alone, some people hate that superman let his dad die, considering all the people involved with this film on a premise level, who is the one person that is probably responsible for this plot point? Some blame snyder, some blame goyer, some blame nolan, some blame any of the other powerful producers, some blame the studio head, some blame costner for not fighting it, some even blame pa kent for being silly....
People tend to blame who they want for every little thing. The thing about the internet is that it spreads popular hate like wildfire.

You would think with all the apparent problems with the that ninja turtles leaked script, you would perhaps here more people mention the writers or the director....

My point is goyers name comes up alot...probably because his name comes up alot. He no doubt has his faults but at the same time, this is the internet.

Edward Norton rewrote the Increidble hulk script and basiclly served as unofficial co-director.The WGA claimed norton basiclly only rewrote dialogue to deny him credit.That was factor of his failing out with marvel.Him being so involved and him being upset a lot of character scenes were cut out.

That's what I'm saying, the unions and guilds are pretty anal about this sort of thing so if there is to be any script work from Ben you will def hear about it long before production starts I think.
Moreover if he is hired by the studio as just an actor, then that is surely all he will do.

Affleck may have an idea or two about his character but I don't see him writing the script. I think that's wishful thinking for some.

I like Goyer's work and I'm happy to have him back for the sequel but he does need someone after his draft to revise it and help polish it a bit, that's been the best results we've seen from his work so far.

"David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer!"

Gianakin_ IS terrified!

But seriosuly, call me a conspiracy theorist, but Ben's casting is strategic as f**k. It's the first ray of hope for this film and this franchise's future.

if people don't think that affleck will have a say in the script, they're kidding themselves.

Same. This is the 1st time ever I'm thinking that WB is actually thinking long term.

Better if Affleck godfathers the DCU than Goy/Sny.

Hate to say it because I love his work, but Affleck is unproven as far as writing/directing fantasy. I know people like to ride the Snyder/Goyer hate train, but Affleck hasn't shown us anything as far as scripting and shooting comic books yet.

Well, Snyder was proven. So was Goyer. And he disappointed me.

Nolan was unproven. So was Shane Black.

Last edited:
Well, it's body of work vs. no body of work when it comes to the CBM genre.

People may be fickle about Snyder and Goyer's catalog, but they have done some great things for the genre as a whole.

I'm curious to see what Affleck's philosophy is towards the building of the DCCU and the overall tone of the films moving forward - if he does take on a Godfather role.

Is he from the Nolan school of hyper-realism, or will he allow some of the more fantastic stuff from the comics to make their way on to the screen?

Well, if it were purely a Superman sequel I wouldve asked for more Superman origin stuff.

Since it is not, I think Crowe and Costner can be nixed entirely.

Giving time for a little more focus on Perry/Martha. But in a movie that is at most probably 60% Superman, they might not get much screentime as it is. With that in mind, I'd like the only Gotham characters to be restricted to Bruce/Alfred/Gordon/one villain.

So:
Superman
Batman
Lex Luthor
1 non-Luthor Superman villain (i.e. Metallo/Bizarro)
1 non-Joker Batman villain
Lois Lane
Martha Kent
Perry White
Alfred
Lt. Gordon
Jenny/Jimmy Olsen

And basically no one else. At least no one in the spotlight.

I'm not glad that Goyer is back. It's actually my biggest gripe of the BvS lineup. I don't think the MoS script was good at all and judging from other Nolan movies I'm inclined to mostly blame Goyer for the plot holes and when I thought realism and comic elements didn't mix in the Batman trilogy.

If Affleck has any say in the script it might help, although I'm not completely sure about what direction he'll want to take. Affleck was a fan of Daredevil but that didn't stop him from playing him as a killer in the movie.

goyer is incredibly talented when it comes to crafting a story he just not very good with writing scripts and god awful at dialogue and structure

let him come up with a story out line since goyer has lots of interesting idea imo and is a huge comic book fan just let ben write

Well, it's body of work vs. no body of work when it comes to the CBM genre.

But that's almost never indicative of final result quality. You just have to take a look at the vast majority of CBMs to see why experience on the genre is irrelevant: Many CBM directors who've done great movies had little to no experience before helming a CBM.

let him come up with a story out line since goyer has lots of interesting idea imo and is a huge comic book fan just let ben write

Problem is, the other guy writing the actual screenplay based on Goy's idea is none other than Sucker Punch's Snyder.

This whole project is so difficult to predict. There's a ridiculous amount of potential here. As a reaction to MoS, I think Goyer and co will work hard to please both the audience and critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"