DC Chronicles

Dr.BruceBanner

Civilian
Reaction score
Thought I'd set up a thread for people who'd like to discuss the DC Chronicles, Superman, Batman, and any others they may bring out.

What's this?

It's a thread to chat about the Chronicles volumes that DC started bringing out a coupla years ago, claiming to reprint every single Superman and Batman comic book story ever published in chronological order.

Aren't they called Archive Editions, though? I wish they would do it more evenly, instead of certain Volumes being way ahead of the others.

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=4697

4697400x600xo8.jpg

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=2711

2711400x600se1.jpg

I got the first of both of those. Pretty good, just have'nt gotten around to the rest.

I'd get them if they wern't in like 7 issues per book.

These types of things definatly need to be in 50 issues per book or so or it's going to be up to volume 200 whenever they get around to it.

I'd get them if they wern't in like 7 issues per book.

These types of things definatly need to be in 50 issues per book or so or it's going to be up to volume 200 whenever they get around to it.

They're actually more like 10-12. Thats better than the archives, right?

Sorry, theres 10-12 per book, and at ~1400 pure batman titles, that's still over 100 books.

Omnibus volumes collecting like 200 issues or bust.

Sorry, theres 10-12 per book, and at ~1400 pure batman titles, that's still over 100 books.

True, but I think the chronicles are mostly about golden age stuff. I mean, Showcase Presents is already getting into Batman and Superman's silver age stuff, so why would the chronicles want to go there?

Are the Chronicles in color? Cuz if they are, then they would have to go there because everybody don't like reading s**t in black and white.

True, but I think the chronicles are mostly about golden age stuff. I mean, Showcase Presents is already getting into Batman and Superman's silver age stuff, so why would the chronicles want to go there?

From what I understand, it's going to be every Superman or Batman comic in chronological order.

Which means eventually they'll get to the current issues eventually.

the links I posted above have them priced at $14.99 US.

If you consider 15 bucks pricey, then yes.

From what I understand, it's going to be every Superman or Batman comic in chronological order.

Which means eventually they'll get to the current issues eventually.

Seeing as how they have only gotten around to doing about two a year for each, I cant see them getting to current issue during this century.

the links I posted above have them priced at $14.99 US.

Wow, 15 bucks for colored reprints. That's pretty good. I'd totally buy that if I could stand to read that old s**t. :up:

I'm just gonna roll up to a Borders or something and read them while inbetween classes. Maybe. I tried reading some old old OLD comics and I couldn't cause they were so bad.

That's the way I feel about it. I respect what came before and all that, but that s**t is unreadable for a guy used to a more modern style of writing comics.

I second that. I mean, Batman kills people? Lois is an outrageous b****? If anything, the way Joker was written was particularly good.

I think it's a mixture of the artform (I tend to not really like the old style of art, even through the 80's some of the artwork is kinda eh for me) and the "in" things of the time that take away from the stories.

That or they're just really bad, like some of them. Batman and the multi-colored suits was aweful.

Oh god are you kidding me?

He didn't mean they were ****, he just means in terms of how they are compared to how books are now, it's a COMPLETELY different medium, and a good amount of the issues actually are terrible compared to todays standards.

Some people like reading really early comics, some people like reading modern. He's not saying "these comics shoudl never of existed because they're terrible and ****ty and this character sucks because his beginings were terrible". We're both just saying that it's hard to actually read the old comics because they're so much of a different style than the current ones of today.

I'm confused. They have the same stuff as the Archive Editions then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"