Kneel before 'Drox!
Reaction score
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Sept07/solicitations.html

WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1
Written by Allan Heinberg
Art by Terry Dodson & Rachel Dodson
and Gary Frank & Jonathan Sibal
Cover by Terry Dodson & Rachel Dodson
At long last, the climactic, extra-length chapter of “Who is Wonder Woman?”, the story that launched the WONDER WOMAN monthly! In this arc's conclusion, the combined forces of Wonder Woman's transformed rogues gallery declare an all-out war on the amazing Amazon, compelling Wonder Woman to mend fences and join forces with Donna Troy and Wonder Girl if she's going to survive to answer the question: “Who is Wonder Woman?”
And if the return of Allan Heinberg and Terry Dodson isn't enough, there's also an all-new backup by Heinberg and the upcoming art team of ACTION COMICS, Gary Frank & Jonathan Sibal, featuring the secret origins of Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Sarge Steel and Nemesis! All questions will be answered, all secrets revealed!
On sale September 26 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US

LAWL!:dry: :csad:

So, is Countdown to Mystery supposed to take the place of that Dr. Fate series that was supposed to come out or is that still coming out? I was actually looking forward to that new Dr. Fate.

- ****ing hell, the new Dr. Fate is Kent ****ing Nelson? Goddamnit, DC, why are you so determined to make so many of your good second-stringers boring? :confused:

- The Search for Ray Palmer looks like it will well and truly rock, and probably be the saving grace of the disaster Countdown is quickly spiraling into for me. Given that Kyle, the Wildstorm universe, and Ray Palmer are all involved, I can even overlook the fact that Jason I'm-a-useless-plot-parasite Todd is there, too. I really hope Captain Atom pops in to guide the trio around on their search. That would be the perfect cap to this part of the event. :up:

- Suicide Squad sounds like a nice complementary series to Checkmate. I'll be checking that out, especially with Ostrander writing.

- What is this nonsense in the Tales of the Sinestro Corps solicitation about Kyle's "downfall"? :cmad:

- I hope the Titans of Tomorrow kill the modern-day Titans and take their place. God, the ToT were so much more awesome in every way than the current Titans wound up...
So, is Countdown to Mystery supposed to take the place of that Dr. Fate series that was supposed to come out or is that still coming out? I was actually looking forward to that new Dr. Fate.
It seems that way. The only real difference I see between CtM and Dr. Fate is the artist--Justiniano is drawing the former while Paul Gulacy was attached to the latter before its solicitations were pulled. Gerber was writing both. So, basically, it looks like Gulacy couldn't draw it for some reason, which is fine by me. I much, much, much prefer Justiniano's art to Gulacy's, especially where mystical stuff is concerned. Justiniano excels at the spooky metaphysical atmosphere that anything involving Dr. Fate requires. :up:

Gerber has said on his blog they had to reduce the Dr. Fate to a miniseries rather than an ongoing as he's been really unwell (his blog if anyone wants to know more). The new Dr. Fate isn't Kent Nelson as in the original though - it's his great nephew. Really, I'm just happy they aren't tacking the title onto an already established character.

Really looking forward to Suicide Squad.

TWO Ron Marz books in one month if fine by me. I think Search for Ray Palmer sounds like a great title and I always found Parallax written by Marz interesting.

New Uncle Sam mini :D!!

Then it looks like I'll be picking up Countdown to Mystery.

Dude, they said Kent Nelson was gonna be the New Fate months ago.

I know, but it still irks me. And that grandnephew bullcrap is total bullcrap. I'm sure his grandnephew will either happen to be identical in every way to dear ol' great uncle Kent or he'll be the utter antithesis of the Golden Age Kent. I'm really bored of extremes.

I'm just saying. It's a bit late for the righteous indignation.

Suicide Squad...

Suicide Squad...

You can only rock.

I'm so excited.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Sept07/solicitations.html

WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1
Written by Allan Heinberg
Art by Terry Dodson & Rachel Dodson
and Gary Frank & Jonathan Sibal
Cover by Terry Dodson & Rachel Dodson
At long last, the climactic, extra-length chapter of “Who is Wonder Woman?”, the story that launched the WONDER WOMAN monthly! In this arc's conclusion, the combined forces of Wonder Woman's transformed rogues gallery declare an all-out war on the amazing Amazon, compelling Wonder Woman to mend fences and join forces with Donna Troy and Wonder Girl if she's going to survive to answer the question: “Who is Wonder Woman?”
And if the return of Allan Heinberg and Terry Dodson isn't enough, there's also an all-new backup by Heinberg and the upcoming art team of ACTION COMICS, Gary Frank & Jonathan Sibal, featuring the secret origins of Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Sarge Steel and Nemesis! All questions will be answered, all secrets revealed!
On sale September 26 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US

LAWL!:dry: :csad:
I'm still looking more forward to it than any single issue of Wonder Woman in the upcoming four or five months, honestly.

UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS #1
Written by Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti
Art by Renato Arlem
Cover by Dave Johnson
Because you demanded it...Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters return! Fan-favorite writers Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti (Countdown, Jonah Hex) are joined by rising superstar artist Renato Arlem (Hawkgirl, Annihilation: Silver Surfer) and acclaimed cover artist Dave Johnson
(100 bullets, superman: red son) for a new miniseries that promises even more action and surprises than last year’s UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS!
Spinning out of events in Amazons Attack, Uncle Sam finds himself faced with a changing world and a country torn to pieces. How will he and his Freedom Fighters fit in as part of this new world order?.
On sale September 26 • 1of 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US Edited by Tom Palmer Jr.

If that cover of Teen Titans is any indication, the new League will have 6 of the core seven Leaguers.

Hippie_Hunter is a very happy man right now :)

I'm still looking more forward to it than any single issue of Wonder Woman in the upcoming four or five months, honestly.

As am I. But the fact that they're adding backstories and charging you more for it is a little, dickish.

Well, we kinda do need to see what WW's new origin is, given the Perez stuff (probably) isn't in continuity anymore, is it?

i dont get it...
we allready know the cover to Green Arrow/Black Canary.. but its not there?

Checkmate can't bring down the Wall yo.

WWLM_HC_solicit.jpg

Is that the actual cover? Wow. It's as if they draw power from shame.

WWLM_HC_solicit.jpg

Is that the actual cover? Wow. It's as if they draw power from shame.

Both Marvel and DC have been doing that lately with their novelists turned comic book writers. It's for bookstores, like people who read their novels are going to be tricked into buying a TPB.

The Batman books are just looking extremely fantastic. I'd highly suggest checking those bad boys out. And I can't WAIT to see Checkmate...The Wall will fall, bank on it! :cmad:

Hilariously, the trade for Jodi Picoult's run is out at the same time Heinberg's last issue ships.

I just want to know why Wonder Girl gets her own book before Power Girl. I mean IMO what made Wonder Girl was Conner with out him she is useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"