• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

"DC Comics storms the film world"

Superman as well, unfortunately. So that leaves GL, Flash and Batman 3 for 2011-13. Mix in 3 or 4 "z-listers" and you've got your WB/DC schedule for the next 4 years. More or less.

yea besides hex/losers/gl which are in various stages of production currently. Flash is likely to be the next one to possibly happen, Since superman is a no go currently and the whole fear of women lead hero film issue with wonder woman and i dont know where that character stands currently with wb.

As for the lesser know characters they would likely try to do more of them especially non powered characters since they would be a cheaper film to make/produce.

If they still keep with the 1 year - 1 film repertoire, how would they release all the z-listers film? I still like quality over quantity thing, so projects like Bizarro and Adam Strange are completely unnecessary at least for the immediate future where WB is going to release at max 2 films.

GL (2011) -> (Flash (2012) | Superman (2012)) -> (Wonder Woman (2013) | Batman 3 (2013)) -> (GA (2014) | GL 2 (2014))

See, no space left for z-lister movie projects.

Dude, move that Flash to 2012 and Superman to 2013(if at all). And Batman has to come out by 2012.

Yea that could be likely lineup plus some lesser known guys sprinkled in there in 2011/2012/2013 too.

Dude, move that Flash to 2012 and Superman to 2013(if at all). And Batman has to come out by 2012.

Well actually Superman needs to get the movie before 2013 because that's when the court needs to settle again whether WB/DC gets another property rights extension from the Siegel family.

Besides WB/DC MUST have 2 tentpoles film starting by 2012. The smaller Marvel Studio can. Erase Harry Potter date and WB gets another schedule for a big film.

The WB is going to have to release a two superhero summer at some point. Even without Superman, they've created a bottleneck cause I don't think they want to wait 5 years to release a third Batman in 2013 with Flash in 2012 alone.

Well actually Superman needs to get the movie before 2013 because that's when the court needs to settle again whether WB/DC gets another property rights extension from the Siegel family.

Besides WB/DC MUST have 2 tentpoles film starting by 2012. The smaller Marvel Studio can. Erase Harry Potter date and WB gets another schedule for a big film.

The assumption that they have to make a Superman movie is wrong. They stand to lose more money from a failed Supes movie than they'd ever have to pay to the families.

But the WB has limited funds and Peter Jackson's Hobbit franchise needs money as well(even if it is released in the winter) as any other movies they want to make. The WB isn't a superhero machine unlike Marvel. They are a movie studio first.

BTW, non-powered Z-listers and top listers don't need to get theatrical movie immediately because they don't require extensive budgets to make them alive. Green Arrow & Manhunter can survive in TV form. So does Black Canary, Nightwing, the Question, Martian Manhunter, etc.

Why filling up the movie queue when there's an underutilized TV series queue?

Probably because as far as superheroes go, Superman is the only character that has shown any ability to be properly adapted in recent times.

We'll have to wait and see how Human Target, Powers, and such go.

The assumption that they have to make a Superman movie is wrong. They stand to lose more money from a failed Supes movie than they'd ever have to pay to the families.

But the WB has limited funds and Peter Jackson's Hobbit franchise needs money as well(even if it is released in the winter) as any other movies they want to make. The WB isn't a superhero machine unlike Marvel. They are a movie studio first.

Superman movie is more of a priority than Batman movie. The morale boost is higher when DC has successfully create and lift up a Superman franchise than a Nolan Batman who everybody knows will be a success yet there will be no follow-up after that because it's gonna be the end of the road.

Superman movie is more of a priority than Batman movie. The morale boost is higher when DC has successfully create and lift up a Superman franchise than a Nolan Batman who everybody knows will be a success yet there will be no follow-up after that because it's gonna be the end of the road.

I think you're confusing DC with WB. DC will publish Superman comics to make money til they are blue in the face. They would like a good Superman flick to boost sales but it's not make or break for them. The WB is movie studio with interest in a variety of projects from Oscar bait to horror and other properties that aren't superheroes. They could care less about the morale of having Superman. It may help certain people's egos, but they don't care where that comes from as long as they pocket the money.

I mean Superman film success will have 2 more movies to follow & potential more money to get.
The success of the Batman film will stop at Nolan insistence that the 3rd movie will be end of the franchise.

LOL:hehe:

3rd film end of franchise for Bats?Are we talking about the same Hollywood that's making Scream 4 or the same WB that has made two sequels to Cameron's Terminator even though the first sequel failed?:hehe:

Nolan isn't the BatGod. And even if he was, Hollywood would switch to being Atheist and continue the franchise.

oh god, I can't wait for The Flash, with Geoff Johns producing!

LOL:hehe:

3rd film end of franchise for Bats?Are we talking about the same Hollywood that's making Scream 4 or the same WB that has made two sequels to Cameron's Terminator even though the first sequel failed?:hehe:

Nolan isn't the BatGod. And even if he was, Hollywood would switch to being Atheist and continue the franchise.

Nolan-type Batman will end with the (not even confirmed to be made) third one. So does the participation of all his stars like Bale, Freeman, etc. Are you thinking Scream mish mash C movie franchise to be the same as the tight-reign Nolan Batman franchise? Nolan is the guy who spoke dissenting view to Miller's JLA because he don't like another Batman running around. Nolan has leverage what Terminator come & go directors don't.

Of course Batman movies will continue after Nolan. But it will not be the same anymore out of respect to Nolan (depends on the closure of the 3rd one) and that reimagined Batman will not be made at least more 3 years after the last release & more if the other DC comic movies are as successful as Batman.

Adam Strange would be a non-tentpole kind of movie, unless Leonardo decided to star in it. :cwink:

I think he'll do Aquaman and his name attached will get people to take Aquaman much more seriously.

I think Di Caprio would be more interested in doing Adam Strange.
Anyway they didn't mention the other Vertigo projects like Death or Y: The Last Man.

Same old stuff from WB. All we hear is talk while Marvel has their movies set and ready to go. It's all hot air until I hear cameras are rolling.

Bizarro Superman, did DC get into Morisson's stash?

I think its sad that DC sees Wonder Woman as their only viable superheroine when they have the best in the business. They are obviously not concerned with timelines so why not do Batgirl? Zatanna? Black Canary starring in her own movie rather that guesting in Green Arrows? Another Supergirl (its been 25 years, the wounds have healed and its not THAT hated by people. Its a camp classic) or Catwoman (done right)

Nolan-type Batman will end with the (not even confirmed to be made) third one. So does the participation of all his stars like Bale, Freeman, etc. Are you thinking Scream mish mash C movie franchise to be the same as the tight-reign Nolan Batman franchise? Nolan is the guy who spoke dissenting view to Miller's JLA because he don't like another Batman running around. Nolan has leverage what Terminator come & go directors don't.

Of course Batman movies will continue after Nolan. But it will not be the same anymore out of respect to Nolan (depends on the closure of the 3rd one) and that reimagined Batman will not be made at least more 3 years after the last release & more if the other DC comic movies are as successful as Batman.

Ok I see.

FYI, when you say stuff(highlighted) like that, it sounds like a cult. People loved Neil Adams, but that didn't stop them from loving Frank Miller or countless others. It doesn't matter if Nolan ends it on a good note, if the next director/actors do a good job, fans will move on. You've been on the Hype long enough to know this.Fans are fickle SOBs. How all of a sudden people who were calling Legder- JokerCrow, etc act like they knew it would work from the beginning.

Yeah, at this point man, with Marvel pumping out movies like crazy, they can't just sit anymore.

You just watch the WB. They'll show you how long they can sit.

I think Di Caprio would be more interested in doing Adam Strange.
Anyway they didn't mention the other Vertigo projects like Death or Y: The Last Man.

I bet we'll see Y before most of these projects(except Flash).

I have to agree with TheComicbookKid in that The Flash is the most likely to come out soonest of the above mentioned. I do have faith that we will one day get both Aquaman, and Wonder Woman, though.

We have:

Green Lantern.
The Flash.
The Losers.
Jonah Hex.
Constantine 2.
Bizarro Superman.
Green Arrow.
Green Arrow: Escape from the Supermax.
Aquaman.
Adam Strange.
Shazam!
Teen Titans.

This is huge! I'm definetly happy. The only bad part is the Superman, Batman 3 and Wonder-Woman news, and, by elimination, the Justice League news. But I'm sure that, if the other movies are sucessful, Warner will make the Trinity movies and the big team-up! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"