DC Original Animated Movies yet to come

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
OK, seeing as DC has done a slew of good quality animated films based on their characters and library so far, what other characters or stories would you like to see tackled in the form of an animated movie? Off of the top of my head, I can think of a few.

The Flash - This seems like a pretty logical choice after the Wonder Woman and Green Lantern DTVs. The Flash made a lot of new fans through Justice League, and I'm sure that like me they'd all love a chance to see him get his own DTV movie. Show us the origin of Wally West as the flash, continuing the legacy of Barry Allen, and his subsequent rise to Superhero-stardom. Since it's possible that the live action flash movie won't necessarily touch upon the "legacy" aspect of The Flash, it'd be nice if we could have a DTV that does. Overall I think it would be a great DTV, and best of all it'd wet people's appetites for a live action movie!

The Dark Knight Returns - If Superman can have "Superman Doomsday," then it seems only fitting that one of Batman's most celebrated books get its own DTV adaptation too. Seriously, anyone who has seen the episode of BTAS "Legends of the Dark Knight" should have some idea of what to expect from a Bruce Timm-produced TDKR animated movie. :D

Now imagine that but with a bigger budget and a hard PG-13 rating, and we're in business. :word:

Catwoman - If you like Catwoman and have any knowledge of the horrendous Halle Berry star-vehicle of the same name, then you probably know why this should be made. Catwoman is my absolute favorite comic book woman, and I think it'd be very cool to see a DTV movie from her perspective, with Batman being relegated as a supporting / guest character. Given that it's unlikely we'll be seeing another live action attempt at a Catwoman solo flick any time soon (if ever), it'd be great to see the character done right as a movie. Being able to follow her from being an unhappy child in a broken home to the world's most notorious cat burglar would be cool, and it'd be great to see her get to shine again after several years of under-use in animation. I see it as being a heist caper mixed with a superhero origin tale.

So, what DC original animated movies would you like to see that have not been announced?

The Flash: Terminal Velocity.

DC will probably insist on a Barry Allen story for a Flash DTV, but this was always my favorite Wally West story and well-suited for feature-length treatment.

I'm still waiting for my JLU DCAU animated movie.

I'm waiting for The Flash. If we can't have a live action movie then I want a solo animated one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"