IS THERE going to be a Wonder Woman DTV?

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
I have been fighting for a DTV of Wonder Woman for a while now. I've been also trying to get into contact with DC Comics (finding the right e-mail address to send my "plea"). However, I recently re-read an article on the DTV announcement foudn here:

http://www.dccomics.com/news/?nw=6583

And at the end it said this:

Other DC properties with films in development include Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman.

Now with that, does that mean there is going to be a Wonder Woman DTV along with those two after the three that are comign out in 2007/08? Because even those three have been in development at WB to be live action movies.

So anyone?

a full, theatrical WW movie is in production...why the hell do you want a DTV of it when we're getting a major one???

Because...

- I don't trust Wheldon.

- So far, what he's planning scares me because it might not turn out be great in the end (likely due to him).

- What makes you so sure that this will actually get off the ground?

- DC/WB are releasing alot of DTVs per year (how many years, I don't know) so why not do a WW DTV.

- Going back to the thread, is there going to be one?

P.S. what e-mail to DC Comics would help me send to them about this?

Yes, we are getting a Wonder Woman DTV. DC and Warner Home Video announced DTVs months ago. The first one is Justice League: The New Frontier. Followed by Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. Followed by Superman/Doomsday. Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Green Lantern have been confirmed. They have expressed interest in The Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come.

Because...

- I don't trust Wheldon.

- So far, what he's planning scares me because it might not turn out be great in the end (likely due to him).

- What makes you so sure that this will actually get off the ground?

- DC/WB are releasing alot of DTVs per year (how many years, I don't know) so why not do a WW DTV.

- Going back to the thread, is there going to be one?

P.S. what e-mail to DC Comics would help me send to them about this?

I dont get why no one trusts Whedon...Buffy was genius, Angel was great, Firefly was great, Fray was gret, his work on Astonishing X-Men has been fantastic (only x-book I read other than X-Factor), he's a great writer, a huge comic fan...I dont get the dis-trust...the only thing he seems to be changing from the core of the character is the villain isnt going to be from the comics...

Theres only one thing that will help me if he is the right guy: I NEED to read the script.

Yes, we are getting a Wonder Woman DTV. DC and Warner Home Video announced DTVs months ago. The first one is Justice League: The New Frontier. Followed by Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. Followed by Superman/Doomsday. Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Green Lantern have been confirmed. They have expressed interest in The Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come.

Yeah!!!!!!!! :D

The question now is which story they'll use. I still want to ask hem, or tell them, what I think they should do. Hell, I even want to write it.

I'd enjoy an animated WW DTV, along the lines and quality of the Superman: Last Son of Krypton which they used to start up the Superman: TAS... a Wonder Woman TAS btw, would be so totally awesome.

Looking at other DTVs like Ultimate Avengers, I believe the only way to do a WW DTV is to take the first two Perez arcs and use the first one as the main plot and take Hippolyta/Hercules part from the second arc and use it as a subplot.

Thats my theory, anyway.

a full, theatrical WW movie is in production...why the hell do you want a DTV of it when we're getting a major one???

Try telling Marvel that. Their release of an animated Iron Man DTV was greeted with a collective, "......."

Marvel should have said to hell with Iron Man and done Cap instead he is much better.

Looking at other DTVs like Ultimate Avengers, I believe the only way to do a WW DTV is to take the first two Perez arcs and use the first one as the main plot and take Hippolyta/Hercules part from the second arc and use it as a subplot.

Thats my theory, anyway.

Bruce Timm is working on the DTVs so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Personally, I want the Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash DTVs are based on the DCAU versions. We did not get solo shows involving those characters in the DCAU, unlike Batman and Superman and I hope that they take the time to develop those main Justice League characters a bit with some DTVs.

I would love an animated WW DVD, I hope they do this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"