• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 11: "The Magnificent Eight"

Does anyone else feel like they enjoy the show more when Vandal Savage is not on it. I don't know what it is but I find him boring. Oh and those time masters are massive hypocrites. Oh Rip is trying to mess with the timeline, so we'll get someone to mess it up even worse! Jerks!

Does anyone else feel like they enjoy the show more when Vandal Savage is not on it. I don't know what it is but I find him boring. Oh and those time masters are massive hypocrites. Oh Rip is trying to mess with the timeline, so we'll get someone to mess it up even worse! Jerks!

Absolutely. His actor is dull as bricks.

This episode was alright. That HG Wells thing though was awful the first time they did it with Bill Gates, I hope this is the last time they do stupid stuff like that.

I thought the episode was a lot of fun. The guy playing Jonah was okay, I think I'm tired of every gunslinger talking like Clint Eastwood.

I like it when Savage isn't around too.

Yes, the West had fewer problems for blacks in terms of racial hatred than the South. People in the West were mainly focused on trying to survive the frontier and build lives for themselves, so indulging in unnecessary racial hatred wasn't usually a high priority for most people. Sure, there were racial tensions from time to time, but it was nothing like it was in the South, where racism was firmly ingrained in the culture.
yes that the more accurate put way to say it there were still racial tension in the early half of that period til the under ground and Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves though. but that was also the case as well.

this why so many people had iffy view about slavery with the west. when the south was always a mess. this is from the point of the end of renaissance period during the "aristocrat /Victorian "period (which I call the worst period t6o a degree depending) which had some left overs of the age of sea piracy which the slaver period with black was till prevalent.

which the old west leaving behind due to these reasons . it still had it issues with the native Americans though and some parts didn't treat blacks, mexican's , native American's and Asians ,china(with the rail road)well at all.

the thing is what the writers in this show were going for was the guns at high noon and bar fights fun deal .

And it was just one episode. they weren't planning to look at ever racial social injustice of those periods.(even though that might have been interesting) cause they were a lot harder to fix back then and it would involve our protagonists staying longer then they ever should and altering what they shouldn't to degree even further.

I like it when Savage isn't around too.
well that has to do with alot of factors like the fact they always have rip and kendra want to be alone when trying to kill him and that the flaw falls apart when trying to kill him right there .

I agree with other's that they shouldn't have changed his origin. they could have made him partner to heph set and he was trying to make the latter a evil dictator /pharo of egypt which is savages M.O.

and that they both found out that killing the hawk people prolongs life be side him hunting his own relatives/ descendants next to savages personal immortality deal.

but the hawks should be dealing with their own arch enemy. not savage who is threat to the world is more like Ra's al ghoul .

I just find it weird after Kendra only win was with the arrow and flash helping her with others as team, she's still doing the mistake she did in her previous lives and why her an carter kept getting killed was the fact that they always faced him alone in which they have their weird blunder moments.

seriously . learn from that and stop sending the others out of the room or trying to face off alone against him.

the thing that made vandal in the animated and books cool was that he was evolved smart with enhance strength from that meteorite with his immortality .

he's lacking abit of that here. and its the excuse so they can have Rip take him on hand to hand(which is bit lame) but those would be good reason's to show why he's hard to kill instead of the heroes acting like what happened in the johnny Depp long ranger movie where they weren't actively fighting crime they were stupidly (trying for comedicaly) stumbling onto the outlaws . which is why that long ranger movie isn't looked up on fondly.

Last edited:
In regards to the actor that plays Savage, I think that he has the right "image" for the character. But aside from that, he does lack the overall presence and acting chops to really take the character onto a whole new level like how Manu did with Slade and Tom did with Eobard Thawne.

I really enjoyed hex and they big super brawl at the end. Looking forward to next

I personally thought the episode was a bit meh given they had a pretty good supporting DC character to play with in Jonah Hex who did almost nothing heroic the entire time.

Also, they bigged up the 'Hunters' only to dispose off of them in five minutes. What's up with that?

PS: Totally called the fact that the boy would turn out to be someone famous.

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe.

I loved Vandal in the crossover Flarrow episode leading up to LoT. But in that he seemed more like a force of nature. Taking on entire teams of heroes and not really breaking a sweat. Here he's always been really civilized. A conflict here or there with one or two heroes. Nothing that's seemed overly epic.

Also, they never seem to focus long enough at a certain spot. It's like they've gotta wrap up a time period in 40 min. So usually they'll get to a point and the idea will be they need to stop Savage's big plan, but then they do it, or fail in 40 min, and run. There's no real stress.

This was the first episode I didn't care for.

1. When they went to arrest the leader of the gang, they rode into a camp full of armed men with no intent to kill, they punched some guys, Jax shot a gun out of a guy's hand like he's a sharpshooter even though there's no established basis for that, and then they nearly rode out unharmed. I guess you could chalk it up to them being really, really lucky, but it makes all five of them look like idiots for not coming up with a better plan.

2. Last episode made a big deal out of the Hunters, and this episode had the team hiding out in time, but when the Hunters actually showed up they were all dead within a few minutes. Rory as Chronos was much more of a threat.

3. If the boy was H. G. Wells, and Dr. Stein knows of H. G. Wells, then he was going to live anyway and giving him the medicine changed nothing.

3. If the boy was H. G. Wells, and Dr. Stein knows of H. G. Wells, then he was going to live anyway and giving him the medicine changed nothing.

Not necessarily. It could be, and indeed probably was, that he lived *because* he was given the medicine, and always was going to be given the medicine. Closed time loop.

Not necessarily. It could be, and indeed probably was, that he lived *because* he was given the medicine, and always was going to be given the medicine. Closed time loop.

That's not how time travel works on the show, though. If it was, they wouldn't be able to stop Savage because if they'd beaten him he wouldn't be there to kill Rip Hunter's family in the first place.

That's not how time travel works on the show, though. If it was, they wouldn't be able to stop Savage because if they'd beaten him he wouldn't be there to kill Rip Hunter's family in the first place.
the story was just made so stein would save some important to history with out prior knowledge it was just a happy coincidence. and something that can't be said he made worse. stein is a kind man, that's was all it was about there.

Nothing more, it was meant to bee a fun wild west episode. and they save people in steins case with just being kind person as well as doctor.

most of them joined for their own personal reasons some wanted adventure and others just wanted to just do plain good for others they meet along the way across time and for them selves to be heroes. Dr. martin stein was just being hero to the core, he didn't want a reward he saved some one and got a present surprise that it was someone important to history over all . other wise if the kid wasn't he'd have still saved that kid.

It's not like when he come back to his present he'll make people recognize he saved HG wells.
he's just happy he save the kid regardless.

Last edited:
I'm not saying anything about his intentions. He certainly meant well. I'm saying that, going by the time travel rules established by the show, it doesn't look like he saved the kid at all because the kid was already going to live to write novels.

I'm not saying anything about his intentions. He certainly meant well. I'm saying that, going by the time travel rules established by the show, it doesn't look like he saved the kid at all because the kid was already going to live to write novels.
hmm maybe or what they were trying to push here is that dr stein's the reason that H.G. well survived in the CWDC Universe .

And the place alone, due to his actions to their saying it was fate for doctor stein to be there and save HG wells of of both his kindness and skill. it was just a way to both meet a historical figure and have covert(since he cant take credit and doesn't care to do so) impact in helping shape history.

in our own H.G, Well's will live no matter what and in other part's of the multiverse that's the case. but in he Flarrow verse dr. stein is the reason HG well's survived. iT's just their way to say Dr.stein helped history stay intacted with out it being about savage.

It's not like this hasn't been done in other tv show's mediums before.

I pretty sure that Stein and the Legends were supposed to be the catalyst for H.G. Wells writing The Time Machine. They didn't just save his life, but kick started his imagination too.

It only doesn't make sense. H.G. Wells in English, not American.

It only doesn't make sense. H.G. Wells in English, not American.

They addressed that. He was dying from TB and asked his mom to take him to the "American West" because of stories he had read about it.

And the place alone, due to his actions to their saying it was fate for doctor stein to be there and save HG wells of of both his kindness and skill. it was just a way to both meet a historical figure and have covert(since he cant take credit and doesn't care to do so) impact in helping shape history.

in our own H.G, Well's will live no matter what and in other part's of the multiverse that's the case. but in he Flarrow verse dr. stein is the reason HG well's survived. iT's just their way to say Dr.stein helped history stay intacted with out it being about savage.

They didn't say anything about fate, but even if they had that still wouldn't explain it. If it was Dr. Stein's fate to save the kid, he still wouldn't know who the kid was because he hadn't saved him yet. If he's supposed to be course correcting time, that implies that since they've gone on their mission someone unknown went back and messed up time, and time travel fiction isn't fun when not being let in on the factors that are affecting time.

I pretty sure that Stein and the Legends were supposed to be the catalyst for H.G. Wells writing The Time Machine. They didn't just save his life, but kick started his imagination too.

Which also doesn't make sense, because Stein already knew who he was, so he became a famous author before encountering the Legends. Now if Stein hadn't recognized the kid's name, and the implication was that H. G. Wells lived and became a science fiction author after this rather than
before, that would have worked. The writers put no thought into it.

Was a bit mixed on this episode, enjoyed the Western setting and the elements it brought.

But as a Hex fan was a bit let down, didn't care much for the actor but it didn't help they gave him nothing interesting to do either.

The guy playing Vandal Savage is a truly horrible actor, hate to be mean but I don't see him getting many more high profile gigs after this stint. He's not good.

The show is pretty solid otherwise, I too enjoy it more when he's not around.

Routh, Snart, White Canary and Rip Hunter are my favorites

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"