• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 14: "Moonshot"

Another character and actor wasted to make way for Guggenheim's ego.

SMH. Let's kick Han Solo off the Millennium Falcon and make Leia the Captain just because...

:up: Brilliant.

Though I still hate the fact that Rip is no longer captain. So what's the point of bringing him back if he's no longer going to be captain? Somewhat destroys whatever purpose he had on the show.

At a bare minimum, since he was born and educated in the years when the Waverider was built, he should have some basic operational knowledge of time travel technology. And since Jax was trained by Rip, he could easily serve as Chief Engineer, and continue to mentor Jax. (It would be interesting to see the Rip and Jax dynamic especially since Rip remembers he tried to kill Sara twice, and Jax has already stated Rip is NOT his Captain in the previous episode).

I still don't see Rip as Captain long term, because in my opinion, if Sara is not Captain, then she is completely useless. What value add is a ninja armed with knives and batons on a team with members who have super powers? Rip, as a former Time Master, can still serve as an advisor.

At a bare minimum, since he was born and educated in the years when the Waverider was built, he should have some basic operational knowledge of time travel technology. And since Jax was trained by Rip, he could easily serve as Chief Engineer, and continue to mentor Jax. (It would be interesting to see the Rip and Jax dynamic especially since Rip remembers he tried to kill Sara twice, and Jax has already stated Rip is NOT his Captain in the previous episode).

I still don't see Rip as Captain long term, because in my opinion, if Sara is not Captain, then she is completely useless. What value add is a ninja armed with knives and batons on a team with members who have super powers? Rip, as a former Time Master, can still serve as an advisor.

What a demotion. He went from owner and Captain of the ship to the maintenance man!! Great job.

Kill him off and spare Arthur Darvill and the character with a long history in the comics some diginity.

What a demotion. He went from owner and Captain of the ship to the maintenance man!! Great job.

Kill him off and spare Arthur Darvill and the character with a long history in the comics some diginity.

totally agree with you. I love Arthur Darvill and like the character of Rip, if his come back bring nothing to the team, pl kill him off! I really beg the story writer leave some dignity to this character.

This is his ship and the team use this ship like their own home and then ignore Rip when he come back. Will anyone treat the house owner like this when they be the guest in the house? hahaha, what a great writing!

You have things backwards, Rip is the one who is useless if not captain. Nobody was saying Sarah was useless last year.

Look at the pic supposedly taken after filming of the season finale episode:
http://www.spoilersguide.com/legends-of-tomorrow/season-2-episode-17-aruba-season-finale-bts-photos/
BRCpKG0hcHR

Maybe you got your wish and Rip was killed off, along with Stein and Captain Cold(?) even?

totally agree with you. I love Arthur Darvill and like the character of Rip, if his come back bring nothing to the team, pl kill him off! I really beg the story writer leave some dignity to this character.

This is his ship and the team use this ship like their own home and then ignore Rip when he come back. Will anyone treat the house owner like this when they be the guest in the house? hahaha, what a great writing!

He tried to kill Sara twice in one episode, destroyed the compass and crashed the Waverider in another episode.

He has to atone for his crimes.

I smell a familiar TV trope coming along here...LOL

He tried to kill Sara twice in one episode, destroyed the compass and crashed the Waverider in another episode.

He has to atone for his crimes.

I smell a familiar TV trope coming along here...LOL

Actually what crime had he done? He was controlled by his altered memory at that time, no way can blame him any of thia

Yeah, as much as I think Evil Rip totally made sense, he doesn't bare the moral burden. The only crime he himself committed was the stupidity that got himself captured in the first place, and everyone on the show is guilty of that kind of stuff.

. . .that said, I wouldn't *mind* if simmering resentment at his treatment by "his" team leads to him embracing villainy again. . . *ahem*

Yeah, as much as I think Evil Rip totally made sense, he doesn't bare the moral burden. The only crime he himself committed was the stupidity that got himself captured in the first place, and everyone on the show is guilty of that kind of stuff.

. . .that said, I wouldn't *mind* if simmering resentment at his treatment by "his" team leads to him embracing villainy again. . . *ahem*

don't forget his stupidity is also caused by the film maker self, not his old self. I think this film maker is smart enough that process all that crazy stuff in this short period. A normal guy captured by that kind of villain make total sense, I think the blame should on the team of LOT why they can't look after a normal person.

I think what Rip really did wrong is make himself so vulnerability and without any backup when he did such thing in the beginning of the season. If he leave some message to his team, may be they can protect him earlier?

As much as I loved this episode I really miss Evil Rip. Turning him back good and him not in charge of his own ship is doing nothing for me, That being said I loved this episode I just burst out laughing when Stein just started singing day like come and u won't go home in the space station. I also like the moment Ray and Thawne shared when they were working together

Eobard Thawne and Ray Palmer were great together. Good team work by them.
I got misty eyed when Thawne mention how much he enjoyed working Caitlin and Cisco.

Stein and Heatwave singing the BANANA song was a BLAST.

The Death of Grandfather Heywood was a honorable end to his life.
I wasn't as upset over his demise then I was over the deaths of HOURMAN and Dr. Mid-Nite.
JSA seems to always get the short end in comics and on LEGENDS.

don't forget his stupidity is also caused by the film maker self, not his old self. I think this film maker is smart enough that process all that crazy stuff in this short period. A normal guy captured by that kind of villain make total sense, I think the blame should on the team of LOT why they can't look after a normal person.

I think what Rip really did wrong is make himself so vulnerability and without any backup when he did such thing in the beginning of the season. If he leave some message to his team, may be they can protect him earlier?
this is a simple fix but I already said my peace on how imcopetent and inmne4pt the writers have made Rip in this show compared to his comic and video game self ( he's in DCUO and not treated this way )
i've been watching show this called Gintma Which is been dubbed in English for the west and it's mostly a satire show with few parts of seriousness.

the guy with the glass's it trader merchant captain with a fleet of ships that he saved slavery most of the crew were slaves from it and he convinced the girl to the right that was with the slavers as the Xo to free the slaves and be his vice captain. and she deal's with the fighting when the come into contact with pirates and stuff and the crew really love her.

Kaientai 快援隊

Sakamoto Tatsuma

坂本 辰馬

Mutsu

陸奥
so this made think what to do with rip since he been put in the position of an idiot in the live action show exception here sakamoto from the show gintama isn't as stupid as rip (Live action rip is) .
But he's sorta in thy same position and has an Xo/vice capatin that has bad past that she's free of thank, to him and his crew and she an awesome fighter not to be messed with.

the best way for this to work is let sara handle the field work when it comes to villain's and it's rips ship he own's it he can deliver them there and choose the corse and they can keep steel since he rescued the other' from rip's terrible at planning that nearly got each of the crew killed before Steel saved them with the detective work he did to find them .

both Rip a and Steel should be doing the work restoring thing's when crew screw up but

since the writers have been poor with steel and are purposely making them screw the time up this will be hard . but there use for him the writers need to be changed indeed.

and I 'm sorry Ray was about to be eaten and both stein and jax were about to be killed by a bratty aristocrat. sara caused her own trouble in period of the witch trial and was enjoying her self regardless (so there nothing to worry about her ) and left poor mick knocked and Gideon can't do much with out someone else on the ship giving her instructions.

vixen needs to go back .

rip should keep his mind on the bigger picture if the legend are the new time masters they they need to rebuild the origination with people they trust rip need to start the temporal men with the legends as the inner circle . but this need to come to his mind and it won't with writers this show has with making him inept.

Last edited:
Eobard Thawne and Ray Palmer were great together. Good team work by them.
I got misty eyed when Thawne mention how much he enjoyed working Caitlin and Cisco.

Stein and Heatwave singing the BANANA song was a BLAST.

The Death of Grandfather Heywood was a honorable end to his life.
I wasn't as upset over his demise then I was over the deaths of HOURMAN and Dr. Mid-Nite.
JSA seems to always get the short end in comics and on LEGENDS.

ya about that, I was wondering if this Thawne is the time remnant that Barry attacked at the season finale last year, so he wouldn't have met Cisco and Caitlin yet, right? So that's a line trying to wink at The Flash but the timeline is not quite right?

So that's a line trying to wink at The Flash but the timeline is not quite right?
No this is eobard from the event of after flash point after Barry told him to kill his own mother again to get thing's back the way he thought they used to be. but not now alot different . This was made clear when when zoom almost caught up with him as the black racer a few episode earlier and both malcom and darkh were with him in vault and they beat the legends in their own ship.

Waverider survive a nuke but gets smacked hard from rocks??

^

Thought same thing but come to expect that and though some may say "but it's a suspension of belief show" with the time travel etc but still.......

Making a fictional verse does still does mean you need to have some constants and fixed agreed laws in place.

^

Thought same thing but come to expect that and though some may say "but it's a suspension of belief show" with the time travel etc but still.......

Making a fictional verse does still does mean you need to have some constants and fixed agreed laws in place.
well it was nuke and depending on the pay load. it's possble the shield's were weakened to shut out any of the radiation and the rest of the force used from the nuke.

How ever I want the writers to do this by haing it explained in show cause I stopped helping writers in books and show's that don't think this way for explanations. and just think no one would question these things. something like that latter thing like the rock makes the ship go down after such an event . they really should do that think about these things.

if I can do it, so can they and I don't like enabling them when fall short so they can continue the bad habit. and other that do whichthey are competing with.

the show can get better but enabling them when they can do better isn't good.

So I agree with what you said. I want the show to do better and I don't want to be looked down up on for that. the show has potential and should be able to have awesome writing to complement the show actor it should be just the actors carrying the show alone .

Last edited:
It's an entertaining bit of fluff action/sci fi show so I suppose getting too antsy about these things is wasted time.

Agreed. This episode was entertaining and educational in a way too...reminded me of the Apollo missions and space race of the 60s and early 70s...

Actually what crime had he done? He was controlled by his altered memory at that time, no way can blame him any of thia

Rip seems to blame himself. And Sara blames him for her almost being burnt to death for her orientation...And Jax blames him for trying to kill Sara twice...

On a night when Flash continues it's descent into the terrible, it was great to see Legends in top form.

This might have been the best episode of the entire series.
I agree this episode was great. The writing seems getting better and better, especially on the details in conversation and the way characters react to each other.
Of course the Beetlejuice moment was fun but the best part, IMO, was seeing Nathaniel cry. OMG, it was so sincere, so true, 2 more secondsof this scene and I was crying too.

I agree this episode was great. The writing seems getting better and better, especially on the details in conversation and the way characters react to each other.
Of course the Beetlejuice moment was fun but the best part, IMO, was seeing Nathaniel cry. OMG, it was so sincere, so true, 2 more secondsof this scene and I was crying too.

I think the reason why Legends is more fun then the other super hero series on the CW is because the show is more action oriented then soap opera/drama oriented. If somebody just wants to watch a show of heroes kicking ass and saving the day instead of people mulling over how their life sucks while they do hero stuff, chances are you will prefer the tone on LoT

I think the reason why Legends is more fun then the other super hero series on the CW is because the show is more action oriented then soap opera/drama oriented. If somebody just wants to watch a show of heroes kicking ass and saving the day instead of people mulling over how their life sucks while they do hero stuff, chances are you will prefer the tone on LoT
No, I'm not sure. I actually enjoy it when there's drama. And like I said, this scene where Nathaniel is crying got my eyes all misty. Action, for me, when it's not solidly motivated, is empty and boring. A lot of films are like that. Kicking ass without deeply knowing why, is empty.
And life isn't always that great, so it's fine to have characters who have problems or doubts. It canbe cool while you share or not their decisions.
I think in Legends, the characters are equally treated, so there's always someoneat some point that is sad or doubtful. It's always running around.
In Flash, it's centered around Barry. What happens to Cisco or Caitlin or Iris or Eddie ... is not that interesting for me.

I think the disturbance, in the Flash or DC Legends, come from the fact that they try to do big things with small budget.
Barry always having discussion about his love life in his lab or in star lab or at Jitters, it becomes quickly boring. I mean, if the guy has a problem, a real one, a big one, he should then do something that changes from all the locations he usually talked in. Because the situations are always represented are random in a random place, and WE have to believe he's going to break up with the love of his life. Sounds cheap.

That and the fact that there are no real intent in their soap conversations. Most of them are like this "Hey Bar, you ok ?", "Joe, you OK?", "Cisco, you OK?", and the other one always refuse to talk. Then the asking one say "all right sorry", then out of guilt thesecond one answer the truth at last. MFG ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"