• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Been a while since I posted,

I really enjoyed this crossover, I thought the final fight was a bit rushed. But over all very good.

After Stein died, my wife asked "don't they have a time ship? Why can't they go back to the time before the got captured and brought to the Nazi place"

I didn't know how to answer her lol.
I'm only a casual Legends viewer, but didn't they establish ages ago that going back and altering deaths (that didn't happen because of time travel) causes all sorts of problems with the timeline?

It was clear that the writers for Legends need to watch the Supergirl episodes to get a better handle on her.

Some things dragged a bit.

That was unnecessary for Earth-2 Wells to tell Supergirl to fly up, though I liked that she saved the entire world despite Flash beating Reverse-Flash and Green Arrow killing Dark Arrow.

Though it was better than last year's crossover, it was not as tight as last night.

There were lots of way to approach the story.

That double wedding ending sums up Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim's visions.

I'm only a casual Legends viewer, but didn't they establish ages ago that going back and altering deaths (that didn't happen because of time travel) causes all sorts of problems with the timeline?

It's only really deaths that they feel are justified in the end lol. Stein was "destined" to die. Barrys mother was killed due to time travel but they cant save her.

I will have to take a look at that then when I have a chance. Thanks.:yay:

I'm hoping that your suggestion helps because I honestly can't see the difference between a double wedding and two couples that are swingers.
What? Lol How did your mind even go there with that last part?

I loved the crossover, but the constant political correctness makes me cringe - That and the fact that some of the speaking Nazis were "British" - The British were the first to fight back against the Nazis FFS

The Nazi's had taken over the entire world by that point. It makes total sense that not all of them, or even most, would be speaking German. Especially 70+ years after the end of WWII.

I knew Victor Garber planned to leave the show this season but seeing him shot and dying was genuinely sad and I thought it was actually a great send off. It's a shame to see him go though as he was the best actor on the show. The final battle was so crazy over-the-top I will have to watch it again to catch everything. I seriously hope they release these four episodes on one Blu-Ray disc.

just finished them both :db:

overall this was a very enjoyable Crossover event, the best executed and written 4-way Crossover thus far (its not without its flaws though but thats for later)

- so with the Supergirl timeslot being largely Flash-centric, looks like the Flash timeslot is largely Supergirl centric. Mean Winn wow! i actually quite enjoyed that :woot:

- omg Quentin Lance is a Nazi General :eek: i thought he was sitting this one out (glad he didnt). totally crushed my heart how he treated Sara :csad: even sadder how in the real world there are still real people who thinks and behaves like that.

- omg Snart!! :D i am so glad that rumors of him dying is all false. and did he stay behind with the Legends? does that mean we get our beloved Captain Cold-Heatwave tandem back? :woot:

- Ray is from Earth 1. he figured largely in this but... eh idk, i guess he got overwhelmed with many hectic things happening in the ep too. still doesnt make sense why he didnt stay on Earth 1 if he belongs to Arrowverse. i mean yeah he left to go fight the Nazis-- but Capt Cold stayed behind? that doesnt make sense but whatever im just so happy to get Snart back :DV:

- all the sads for Martin Stein dying :cry: i mean i thought they'd just figure out a way to separate Firestorm and he can go back to his family-- not KILL him off wtf?? the scene between him and Jax on the medical bay was a bit... idk. lets just say im trying not to laugh because its supposed to be such a crucial moving moment. Franz Drameh cant cry on cue maybe? lol

- ok that double wedding that i tried my best to avoid hearing about but got spoiled anyway: i dont mind the double wedding per se-- i think its a great way to end the Crossover AND as a mid-season finale even-- but Felicity jumping in and interrupting WestAllen to propose to Oliver and all that hubub just so they can end the ep with a double kiss is just.... omg i laughed for all the wrong reasons :lmao:. a really really good Crossover and they stumbled just in front of the finish line wtf.

- Sara + Alex. i want to see more of them together kicking ass and talking and just being a PAIR. :up:

Not as epic of a finale as I was expecting. Overall, it was entertaining. Though they were moments where it just felt like they were stretching things out to fill the time.

Not sure why they made it that The Ray is from E1 and Leonard wants to stay since it seems the character is retired. But, I guess they want to leave that door open, same with RF. So, of course Eobard is allowed to just leave.

Barry should've been mopping the floor with Eobard too.

I laughed at EX Oliver yelling "Quiet!" to Gideon and when Overgirl died.

I thought Vibe would be more involved. Wally still getting no respect.

Wasn't feeling the double wedding at all, but it's no surprise that's what they decided to do. Weird how all the major DC TV shows don't follow through with showcasing weddings.

I'm not sure it was a good idea to have the one character who dies at the hands of Nazis to be a Jew. Feels off, man. Stein should've lived.

I was waiting for Oliver or Barry to yell "It's Morphin time" when they were all standing side-by-side against the Earth-X soldiers.

I was waiting for Oliver or Barry to yell "It's Morphin time" when they were all standing side-by-side against the Earth-X soldiers.
oh cause they're Red and Green and are the leads .lolany way the city was trashed enough . no one want'sthose two to have zords along with the legends ether. There won't be city after that.

This could have been done without the double wedding and just leave it with Stein's funeral with Kara and Alex returning to Earth-38 and the Legends flying off to the past or future. Let the funeral scene breathe with some emotional impact.

This could have been done without the double wedding and just leave it with Stein's funeral with Kara and Alex returning to Earth-38 and the Legends flying off to the past or future. Let the funeral scene breathe with some emotional impact.
it could have but it's the cw and remember the only wards thse show get are the surf board and it's always for best kiss. so.....

nd the villain's of this cross over weirdly stopped a wedding of all things. there wasn't grudge no good reason beside them being nazi. but it wasn't really cause there was an interrracial couple getting married. that was said or expliclitly shown they were against that. they just did it cause ... there wasn't a real good explaination for the party crash of the wedding. and even eobard found it odd.

Last edited:
I thought they would let Martin Stein ride off into the sunset with his family but....NO
The final scenes....semi ultra forced and sappy

"General, would you care to step outside?" Nice little homage there.

Good episode but that final battle was pretty bad. Assault rifles and they engage in hand to hand combat from the start? That's just poor tactics. No wonder they got their asses kicked. Didn't like Barry letting Thawne go like that. Liked that Oliver actually carried out his threat.

it could have but it's the cw and remember the only wards thse show get are the surf board and it's always for best kiss. so.....

nd the villain's of this cross over weirdly stopped a wedding of all things. there wasn't grudge no good reason beside them being nazi. but it wasn't really cause there was an interrracial couple getting married. that was said or expliclitly shown they were against that. they just did it cause ... there wasn't a real good explaination for the party crash of the wedding. and even eobard found it odd.

They worked hard for that surfboard and best kiss award? Laughable!!

It was odd and it was not a good setup. I could have made the first part where the Ray and Citizen Cold seek the help of Supergirl and the Arrowverse heroes and bring them over to Earth-X to fight against the Nazi's.

I would have made the second part where the Earth-X soldiers strike back and invade Earth-1 after learning about the heroes. This is why I said there were many ways to approach this.

While a good crossover for its action, it did not live up to its title as the crossover took place mostly on Earth-1. Better title would be Crisis On Earth-1. Last year was an invasion by the Dominators. Here is an invasion by Earth-X soldiers.

They worked hard for that surfboard and best kiss award? Laughable!!

It was odd and it was not a good setup. I could have made the first part where the Ray and Citizen Cold seek the help of Supergirl and the Arrowverse heroes and bring them over to Earth-X to fight against the Nazi's.

I would have made the second part where the Earth-X soldiers strike back and invade Earth-1 after learning about the heroes. This is why I said there were many ways to approach this.

While a good crossover for its action, it did not live up to its title as the crossover took place mostly on Earth-1. Better title would be Crisis On Earth-1. Last year was an invasion by the Dominators. Here is an invasion by Earth-X soldiers.
evetually they will have to do this on kara's earth . I'm surprise it didn't happen this time around. it would have made thing s more balanced & even.

But that what they have to do beside's what earth 2 Dr. Well's said a about there being other version of them on each earth like there being an earth 1 kara etc.

They will also have to visit that as well and what up with earth 38 cisco? is he using another name or an alias? now that earth 2 well's said that there's alot to be explored there. and seriously when is earth 38 winn gonna meet Cisco? fur reals?

Really hope they consider a special DVD/Blu Ray just with this 4 episode crossover

There is no reason not to have a special DVD for this crossover.

I can think of other stories for future crossovers - Zero Hour, Convergence, OMAC Project, Villains United, Infinite Crisis, and Crisis On Infinite Earths for last.

Overall, this crossover is WAY better than the last one. It's like they heard all of the problems I've had with the last one and said "LEMME FIX THAT"

I'm thinking next year's major crossover go for broke bring in Constantine, Jonn, Superman, Black Lightning. Not really sure the threat but just keeping getting bigger.
Yes!

They established going back in time like that causes problems in the timeline.

One thing I liked in this part was seeing the other heroes who didn't attend the wedding in the first part got to go up against Metallo and defeated it without the big guns like Supergirl, Flash, and Green Arrow.

There is no reason not to have a special DVD for this crossover.

I can think of other stories for future crossovers - Zero Hour, Convergence, OMAC Project, Villains United, Infinite Crisis, and Crisis On Infinite Earths for last.

They didn't for the last one, so doubtful they would for this one.

Hopefully if they do another crossover they limit Felicity and Iris's screen time to a minimum(yes I know that sadly is very unlikely). Not that I care much but why wouldn't Cisco and Caitlin go to Barry's wedding? Sort of makes Barry look like a dick, but I guess the producers wanted their little end scene with their star ships and could care less about how a character looks. Also shouldn't Stein's death be the big finish to the cliffhanger? Sort of sucks that they had to overshadow it with the weddings but that's what happens when you are the red headed step child of the franchise

On a side note the guy who played "The Ray" is on Quantico were he also plays a gay guy. Seems he is getting type cast. lol

Last edited:
Out of all the 4 Episodes, this was my least favorite. Because of stupid **** that kept happening throughout. So Gideon can't save Stein, even though she brought Sara back from literal death, after she had her neck broken. Or regrew Snart's entire hand. Couldn't she bring anyone back, as long as there are still brain functions and the damage isn't too severe? But nope, the Professor has to die.

Next part that annoyed me, Nazis start killing civilians, and instead of Flash, Ray and Supergirl being the first ones on the scene, rescuing as many people as possible, they all need to make a cool entrance together... This literally angered me.

And lastly, why are the newbies in charge of the Waverider? Sara should have Piloted it, with Ray (the pretty boy) trying to deactivate the shields, and Cisco being in charge to get the others in AND out.

There was just too much nonsense in here to be enjoyable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"