DC TV Series Dead Boy Detectives Series on HBO Max

So WBD sold this to Netflix but refused to try and sell Wile E. Coyote to anyone. :shrug:

How did I not know about this???

I LOVED Ed Brubaker’s run of Dead Boy Detectives. Such an incredibly fun comic.

Trailer is out. Looks great and thankfully they didn’t straightwash it (I was worried they might).

Ghosts, action, and hot guys.

Very entertaining and hope there’s another season. Perhaps crossover with Sandman.

thankfully they didn’t straightwash it
I have only read their first appearance in Gaiman’s Sandman and then I read the Brubaker run, but I don’t remember them as being anything other than best friends in the comics. Am I forgetting something?

Just finished the first episode and while I am enjoying it, I am on the fence on the decision to age the characters up. There was a sort of fun innocence to having them being 13 year olds working out of a tree house. It went well with the 1980’s charm of the comics.

Perhaps crossover with Sandman
Death was in the first episode. (That’s the only one I’ve seen so far.)

I have only read their first appearance in Gaiman’s Sandman and then I read the Brubaker run, but I don’t remember them as being anything other than best friends in the comics. Am I forgetting something?

Just finished the first episode and while I am enjoying it, I am on the fence on the decision to age the characters up. There was a sort of fun innocence to having them being 13 year olds working out of a tree house. It went well with the 1980’s charm of the comics.

Death was in the first episode. (That’s the only one I’ve seen so far.)

Edwin apparently comes out in the final comic.
His coming out in the show is inspired by how it was done in the comic.
For clarity, the show takes place in the same universe as the Sandman Netflix show. Sandman himself doesn’t appear. That said, since they’re in the same universe- no idea what a second season might bring on that front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"