Playstation Death Stranding: A Kojima Productions Joint

Not an incredibly long wait but it's still a wait.

Not an incredibly long wait but it's still a wait.
Eh, I'm in no rush to play this.

It'll be the first time we'll see the Decima engine on PC hardware. Would love to see what Horizon Zero Dawn could look like on it. Alas!

After watching some reviews, I don't think I'm getting this anymore.

It just looks so, soooooo cumbersome to walk miles on end on complete solitude and they said that only after 10 hours in it starts to pick up a little bit and you get better equipment to advance through the world.

But it all looks so dull. Even the fast travel system looks tiresome.
The visuals look incredible and the overall experience, by the end of it, might be good as well, but the gameplay part of it is not looking attractive or fun.

I never thought I'd skip this and consider the Star Wars game instead, but even watching the reviews gave me some open world fatigue. I'm tired before even playing it.

Agreed. I was so very interested in this, and the story still interests me, but I hate fetch quests, and this looks to be 90% fetch quests. And the mechanics, controls, and UI looks like a convoluted PIA. If it's ever offered for free on Playstation Plus I'll get it. Until then I'll just watch the cutscenes on YouTube.

It just looks so, soooooo cumbersome to walk miles on end on complete solitude and they said that only after 10 hours in it starts to pick up a little bit and you get better equipment to advance through the world.

The visuals look incredible and the overall experience, by the end of it, might be good as well, but the gameplay part of it is not looking attractive or fun.

I never thought I'd skip this and consider the Star Wars game instead, but even watching the reviews gave me some open world fatigue. I'm tired before even playing it.
Agreed. I was so very interested in this, and the story still interests me, but I hate fetch quests, and this looks to be 90% fetch quests. And the mechanics, controls, and UI looks like a convoluted PIA. If it's ever offered for free on Playstation Plus I'll get it. Until then I'll just watch the cutscenes on YouTube.
I get why people are excited for another Kojima game. But I have never seen one thing for this that made it look worth playing. The game has never looked fun, it has never looked like it really has gameplay. As we got closer I assumed they'd show some gameplay to change that for me, but it has been the opposite for me. Somehow less worth playing now.

I'm glad I wasn't excited about this game in the first place, because the actual gameplay looks lame. I hope this wont hurt the production of future big budget artistic games

This looks like hideo kojima crawled so far up his own ass that he forgot games were supposed to be enjoyable.

Hmm I'm not surprised by the divisive reaction. I got Phantom Pain last day of September and I found it tedious that I didn't really touch it in October. And I'm only really playing it this week because I'm gonna buy another video game this month and I don't want leave a game unfinished.

This one, I guess I'm gonna buy it 1 year later from now, if I have nothing else to play.

This looks like hideo kojima crawled so far up his own ass that he forgot games were supposed to be enjoyable.
It's funny kinda really. Even though I have no interest in getting this, I still wanted to know the story out of curiosiy. So while searching on Youtube for a complete cutscene movie, I came across tons of reviews of commentary videos who's title basically says "it's not fun, but I enjoyed it", and that did not compute with me at all. Without seeing the story, this either means everyone puts Kojima on such a pedestal that they'll still call it an "experience" despite not having any fun at all.

The rules of this world are confusing as **** but I'm enjoying it thus far.

The random ad for Ride with Norman Reedus :lmao: I'm loving this game.

2Bv7iQp.jpg

with BF and Xmas soon upon us, I'm tempted to wait on this. At $30, I'd definitely pick this one up, along with the new Star Wars.

If I do play this I will wait until it’s maybe free eventually on PS plus. Not really a must for me right now.

I love the aesthetic side of Death Stranding. I think once the price is reduced I'll give it a go. Should be cheaper when ps5 comes out

About 5 hours in and it's starting to get a bit repetitive.

Ive been watching a bit of gameplay and so far I think the main character has the coordination and balance of a toddler and the vehicle's suspension is made of playdoh and dynamite.

11/7/2019
New DEATH STRANDING Featurette Discusses The Design Of The Mysterious And Frightening BTs
After much anticipation, Death Stranding will officially launch tomorrow, and now the developers have released a brand-new featurette that discusses the design of the frightening beings known as the BTs.Read more

4 days ago
DEATH STRANDING Is The Second Biggest PlayStation 4 Launch This Year, As Well As Second Biggest New IP
According to UK charts, Death Stranding is now the second biggest PlayStation 4 launch, as well as the second biggest new intellectual property behind Bend Studio's Days Gone.Read more

5 days ago
Hideo Kojima Has Received A Guinness World Record For Most Followed Video Game Director On Social Medi
Hideo Kojima has recently revealed that he broke a Guinness World Record as the most followed video game director on Twitter and Instagram, with a combined total of over 3 million followers.Read more

4 days ago
DEATH STRANDING: How Long Does It Take To Complete Hideo Kojima's Newest Game?
Death Stranding reportedly features almost two-hundred hours of content. Just the game's story will likely take players 40 hours to complete. Find out more...Read more

4 days ago
DEATH STRANDING Director Hideo Kojima On Why He Chooses To Make Such Weird Games
Hideo Kojima, known for directing Death Stranding and the Metal Gear Solid game series, recently revealed his reasoning for making such strange games. Hit the jump...Read more

3 days ago
DEATH STRANDING: Hideo Kojima Mentions That He Isn't Trying To Create A New Genre
In a recent interview, Hideo Kojima has revealed that it really isn't his intention to create a brand-new video game genre with the recently released Death Stranding.Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

I’m well and truly in the guts of this now....it’s very much Kojima’s version of Neon Genesis Evangelion, only without the mechs. And Norman Reedus doesn’t suck as much as Shinji.

I just finished a couple of days ago and this was quite the journey. Took just under 50 hours to finish.

I’m still really intrigued by this, however good/bad the gameplay is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"