Deaths by Covid

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
If it's deemed this to be merged with the existing Coronavirus Outbreak discussion, then by all means merge it, though I wanted to focus on a specific aspect of it here - hence the individual branch.

I have a simple question that I'd like to ask to anyone that has either lost someone recently, or who knows of someone who has lost someone recently, and whether said loss has been blamed on (and diagnosed as) covid, or something else.

The reason I ask, quite simply is because death rates and covid cases are reportedly on the rise, and it seems (rightly or wrongly) that the deaths I hear about are because of covid, rather than a weak heart, or dementia or a disease of another nature.

And yes, whilst covid may have played a part in said deaths, if there's an underlying illness I can't help but wonder whether as many deaths would be reported as covid deaths if not for the outbreak. I may not quite be portraying my thoughts very well here, but hopefully the question/message is understood.

As far as I am aware, the way we are counting deaths as Covid-19 in the UK are if an individual dies for any reason within 28 days of a positive Covid-19 test result, then that is classified as a Covid-19 death.

I am going to assume that someone who has contracted Covid-19 and is hit by a lorry on day 27 of post-infection, would not be classed as a Covid-19 death...

Of course, I may be wrong about all of the above...

Someone could get eaten by a shark, and the CDC would say they died of Covid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"