Democratic Primary 2020

OtherwiseKnownAs

We live inside a dream (he/him/his)
Reaction score
With the New Year being run in, I've felt like the Post Mid Terms thread has run its course. It's officially Election Year 2020, and the Iowa Caucus is only a month away. So, who's it going to be? Sanders? Warren? Buttigieg? Biden? Discuss! I've only included the current top four according to RCP for the polling.

Edit: Bloomberg has been added to the poll.

Last edited:
Honestly, there's no one on this short list I'd have a serious problem with being the nominee.

The only issues I have with Biden and Buttigieg is their ability to turn out the vote in other needed areas.

Man the Hype sure likes Warren.

Not a day goes by where Biden doesn’t make it harder and harder for me to vote for him in November.

Jesus ****ing christ....

facepalm-head.jpg

Even with full context, it is still extremely stupid.

Even with full context, it is still extremely stupid.
From what I've read he was saying that rape culture is rooted in european culture, and it was brought to america. Hes not entirely wrong. Its not exclusive to Europe but some of America's worst hang ups and problems came to america because of Europeans and their culture. It's not something minorities or third world countries can be blamed for.

Also this is a great example of a big problem with our modern social media in politics. Anyone can chop up a speech into small snippets, remove context, and spread it to millions of americans. American politics are being run and influenced by millions of yellow journalists.

Last edited:
South Africa has the highest rape statistics and femicide in the world. I’m not sure what Biden was trying to say but I assure you rape culture isn’t a European phenomenon, it’s a male one.

South Africa has the highest rape statistics and femicide in the world. I’m not sure what Biden was trying to say but I assure you rape culture isn’t a European phenomenon, it’s a male one.
I think he's trying to refute the bigoted belief that brown immigrants are a bunch of rapists and inherently criminals. And while rape is very common in South Africa, modern south africa isnt influencing American culture the way pre-20th century europe did. America didnt get it's social ideas that women shouldnt have jobs, voting rights, sexual rights etc from Africa. That **** came straight from Europe with the first european settlers and it never ceased.

I think he's trying to refute the bigoted belief that brown immigrants are a bunch of rapists and inherently criminals. And while rape is very common in South Africa, modern south africa isnt influencing American culture the way pre-20th century europe did. America didnt get it's social ideas that women shouldnt have jobs, voting rights, sexual rights etc from Africa. That **** came straight from Europe with the first european settlers and it never ceased.

Sure, that's all true. It's historically accurate, sure, but what point is he making? That you can blame some negative social and criminal behavior on settlers from 300 years ago? I hate to break it to anyone trying to bark up this tree but in the late 1700s men were raping and pillaging across cultures. RE the bold; the USA perhaps didn't get those ideas from Africa but they existed in Africa (and still do with large prevalence) and they existed in Latin America and Asia. His point, like most of them he makes, is poorly thought out and poorly articulated. Any man from the 1700s was probably going to have highly unacceptable views by today's standards, no matter where in the world they were. His little speech comes across as identitarian pandering of the worst kind. I mean the concept of 'corrective rape' is rampant here in South Africa, not in the 1700s but in 2020.

His point effectively boils down to "A lot of our cultural realities can be traced to the European settlers that first arrived" - and that counts for the good and the bad. Those same settlers also built the US into the force it is now, as unpopular a sentiment as that is in the current political climate that wants to lambast global European heritage for all society's woes.

IMO he could've just said "Rape happens in all cultures, white men rape here in the US proportionately to their demographics, so don't believe these rumors that minorities are the culprits". Not sure why he decided to go down this route of historical hand-wringing about white Europeans like they were these well-oiled raping machines.

If Boomerberg cant even get into the Iowa debate what is he thinking he will achieve? Is his campaign just an attempt to fleece gullible wall street donors?

He is attempting to lay the groundwork for NC (lol) and Super Tuesday. Which is a huge misstep, because his support is whiter than Buttigieg's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"