Democratic Primary 2020

So seems the bernie or bust narative is a myth. The bernie supporters that didn't vote for hilary were mostly independents or republicans that bernie attracted, rather than democrats.

So seems the bernie or bust narative is a myth. The bernie supporters that didn't vote for hilary were mostly independents or republicans that bernie attracted, rather than democrats.

I can't find it, but I demand you check the math like Karl Rove's 2012 freakout. :o

Yang Gang are having collective orgasms right now.

The Dem primaries are a side show now. This field is so weak it’s almost becoming a B-rate discussion.

Now that Trump successfully circumvented congress and managed to get the US on war footing he’ll win 2020 in a landslide. Nobody is voting for perceived softies like Warren or Bernie when Trump has successfully fabricated an “enemies at the gate” atmosphere.

The Dem primaries are a side show now. This field is so weak it’s almost becoming a B-rate discussion.

Now that Trump successfully circumvented congress and managed to get the US on war footing he’ll win 2020 in a landslide. Nobody is voting for perceived softies like Warren or Bernie when Trump has successfully fabricated an “enemies at the gate” atmosphere.

Nah. After afghanistan and iraq people don't want a war. Even rand paul and tucker carlson are criticising trumps actions.
Just because warren and bernie don't want to nuke hurricanes doesn't make them soft. Just sane. Trump was a draft dodger.

Nah. After afghanistan and iraq people don't want a war. Even rand paul and tucker carlson are criticising trumps actions.
Just because warren and bernie don't want to nuke hurricanes doesn't make them soft. Just sane. Trump was a draft dodger.

First mistake; arguing as though people are rational - they’re not, and the zealous enthusiasm of the increasingly lunatic right wing in the US is far stronger than the armchair whining rubes that increasingly populate the left.

The gauntlet has been thrown down, though, if this course of action doesn’t decisively mobilize the left in the US to vote Trump out I don’t ever want to hear anything about them again. He’s done everything to make himself the ideal villain to mobilize the base against, if the voter base and DNC in combination can’t get a winning narrative going they’re more clueless than I thought.

The left really needs to start growing a ****ing spine and putting its money where its collective mouth is. I don’t want to hear about them being the morally correct party if they can’t adequately mount a fight against the worst US president of the modern era, because really that isn’t their focus. Their focus is convincingly lying to the population that they’re protecting the public’s best interests while really insulating corporations from any undue liability or accountability. When that stops I’ll stop thinking the DNC is a sack of incompetent, two-faced weasels.

First mistake; arguing as though people are rational - they’re not, and the zealous enthusiasm of the increasingly lunatic right wing in the US is far stronger than the armchair whining rubes that increasingly populate the left.

The gauntlet has been thrown down, though, if this course of action doesn’t decisively mobilize the left in the US to vote Trump out I don’t ever want to hear anything about them again. He’s done everything to make himself the ideal villain to mobilize the base against, if the voter base and DNC in combination can’t get a winning narrative going they’re more clueless than I thought.

The left really needs to start growing a ****ing spine and putting its money where its collective mouth is. I don’t want to hear about them being the morally correct party if they can’t adequately mount a fight against the worst US president of the modern era, because really that isn’t their focus. Their focus is convincingly lying to the population that they’re protecting the public’s best interests while really insulating corporations from any undue liability or accountability. When that stops I’ll stop thinking the DNC is a sack of incompetent, two-faced weasels.

You do realise that hilary got more votes than trump, even though she was hated. The right aren't stronger.
The dnc maybe a sack of incompetent, two faced weasels but you don't have to vote for them. Vote for bernie who is looking to bring in real change.

You do realise that hilary got more votes than trump, even though she was hated. The right aren't stronger.
The dnc maybe a sack of incompetent, two faced weasels but you don't have to vote for them. Vote for bernie who is looking to bring in real change.

Popular vote numbers are nothing but vanity. Point is the Republicans have been gerrymandering districts for like thirty years so popular votes mean nothing, key states being turned by a convincing enough candidate is what will win. Except, the DNC are hellbent on getting a corporate shill in the driver’s seat so those tasty donor dollars are nice and protected while they pretend to advance the interests of the public.

They’ll end up installing Biden as their puppet, who’s about as engaging as dry rot and who will get annihilated by Trump at the ballots. Cue the DNC wondering “what went wrong” and why Americans don’t want to vote for their lukewarm candidates. Bernie will be the candidate over their dead, fat-wallet owning bodies.

Popular vote numbers are nothing but vanity. Point is the Republicans have been gerrymandering districts for like thirty years so popular votes mean nothing, key states being turned by a convincing enough candidate is what will win. Except, the DNC are hellbent on getting a corporate shill in the driver’s seat so those tasty donor dollars are nice and protected while they pretend to advance the interests of the public.

They’ll end up installing Biden as their puppet, who’s about as engaging as dry rot and who will get annihilated by Trump at the ballots. Cue the DNC wondering “what went wrong” and why Americans don’t want to vote for their lukewarm candidates. Bernie will be the candidate over their dead, fat-wallet owning bodies.

Bernie will need to get 50%+1 so the superdelegates don't get involved.

By that logic, Obama should not have won the nomination, Hillary should have in 2008. I mean, clearly Bernie and Warren isn't the DNC's primary choice. As it is clear they are hesitant to learn their lessons from the 2018 elections.

Gerrymandering is less of an issue in state level races. You have to be more worried about voter suppression, which you can kind of see with the GOP rushing to purge voter rolls and killing initiatives to get out the vote.

By that logic, Obama should not have won the nomination, Hillary should have in 2008. I mean, clearly Bernie and Warren isn't the DNC's primary choice. As it is clear they are hesitant to learn their lessons from the 2018 elections.

Gerrymandering is less of an issue in state level races. You have to be more worried about voter suppression, which you can kind of see with the GOP rushing to purge voter rolls and killing initiatives to get out the vote.

I’m not so romantic about Obama, the DNC made a pragmatic PR decision that happened to coincide well with a fairly charismatic leader that did very little to cut corporations down to size - especially poignant considering he was president during the crash that was caused by those same corporates. Obama’s baby was Obamacare, he had little concern with trying to rein in predatory capitalism.

The Dems will win now and then; once the economy tanks and people are tired of 5-10 years of armed conflict, but it seems like we need to go through that little game every decade. The problem is it escalated each time, we went from Bush senior to GW to Trump. One could make the argument the stakes are also going up year on year considering the climate crisis, but the Dems just won’t stop batting for their sugar daddies at a time when the US and the world need it pretty desperately.

I’m not so romantic about Obama, the DNC made a pragmatic PR decision that happened to coincide well with a fairly charismatic leader that did very little to cut corporations down to size - especially poignant considering he was president during the crash that was caused by those same corporates. Obama’s baby was Obamacare, he had little concern with trying to rein in predatory capitalism.

The Dems will win now and then; once the economy tanks and people are tired of 5-10 years of armed conflict, but it seems like we need to go through that little game every decade. The problem is it escalated each time, we went from Bush senior to GW to Trump. One could make the argument the stakes are also going up year on year considering the climate crisis, but the Dems just won’t stop batting for their sugar daddies at a time when the US and the world need it pretty desperately.

I am unsure of that. I think the demographics are starting to really, really hurt the GOP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"