Detroit

Caught this last night. Very engaging and tense. Every actor got their chance to shine and no one really phoned it in. Bigelow knows how to shoot for tension per Zero Dark Thirty.

Marketing for this movie only focuses on the hotel, which makes sense, but boy this movie goes into depth and I'm thankful for it.

I liked this, but it was really messy. I don't think all three parts of this film meshed well together.

Didn't know much about the film going in, but for me it's the best movie of 2017 so far. Maybe not quite as good as ZDT, but I personally thought it was better than Hurt Locker, which I feel is overrated.

I was surprised by how small Boyega's part actually was. Probably the least fleshed out of the principle characters.

I watched Detroit, Mudbound and Crown Heights all in one week. It was like a super depressing historical racism and injustice triple sandwich :csad:

It is good these movies are getting made and these stories are getting told even if they aren't exactly feel good movie experiences.

The most depressing thing about Detroit is that this could all happen again tomorrow and the outcome would more than likely be exactly the same. We have not progressed anywhere near as much as we like to think we have.

I'm surprised that (at least for the Golden Globes) this film seems to have been forgotten. Hopefully it's a different story for the Oscars and other awards. I still think this was the best film of 2017 I've seen (though there's still plenty I've yet to watch, like Three Billboards, Phantom Thread, Shape of Water, Molly's Game, The Post).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"