• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Diamond List for June 4th, 2008

Is Cable any better now? I read the first issue and it was just awful. The solicitation of Cyclops on the August issue's cover and Fraction and Brubaker's praise for Swierczynski makes me wonder if I should give Cable another shot, though.

Well, the last issue ended on an interesting note, but save for that it's been extremely boring. Not only is it possibly the most decompressed comic I've ever seen, but it's been just a giant recap of what Cable's been doing during and since Messiah Complex.

Really, everything thus far could've been done in one issue, and there'd still be pages to spare.

Bleh. I guess I'll just wait and flip through the Cyclops issue in the shop.

Is Cable any better now? I read the first issue and it was just awful. The solicitation of Cyclops on the August issue's cover and Fraction and Brubaker's praise for Swierczynski makes me wonder if I should give Cable another shot, though.

Also, you know that Thor: Search for Odin comic is just a reprint of Thor #7 and 8, right, clonesy?

I wouldn't say it's bad; there are just too many things that make me not like it much. 1) I cannot stand how Bishop is now this crazed child-killer. Goes totally against the character we've seen these past 15 years. 2) Writers can never figure out how powerful they want to make Cable. I guess the Cable we've seen these past few years isn't quite up to that par. 3) I was finally getting comfortable with the Deadpool/Cable combo, and it looks like both characters have taken a big step back. (Deadpool's appearance in Wolverine really showed that the new writer really isn't that great at working with his wit and humor.) 4) Finally, I'm so tired of stories that can be completed in one or two issues taking sooo dang long. I love Thor, Lone Ranger, and various other titles...but, seriously, one issue gives us so little nowadays in ways of moving a story forward. (Heck, Bendis might be the worst, in that his stories usually have 3 issues of flashbacks...Secret Invasion being no different.)

Also, you know that Thor: Search for Odin comic is just a reprint of Thor #7 and 8, right, clonesy?

rassin' frassin'.....

No. I did not know that. Bummer. I thought it was something new. I guess that teaches me to read AND think about the title.

Justice Society Of America #16 $2.99

Cable #4 Dws $2.99
Nova #14 $2.99
Secret Invasion #3 (of 8) Si $3.99
Young X-men #3 Dws $2.99

Phaedrus, how much do you spend on comics a month? Holy god man, I've known crack addicts with cheaper habits.

TRINITY #1 $2.99
AVENGERS INVADERS #2 (OF 12) $2.99
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #2 $2.99
OMEGA UNKNOWN #9 (OF 10) $2.99

Not too much for me this week. I'll give trinity a try and I hope it's good.

rassin' frassin'.....

No. I did not know that. Bummer. I thought it was something new. I guess that teaches me to read AND think about the title.
It's okay, I know how you feel. We get a new issue tomorrow, at least. It's only gotta last us for, oh, five or six weeks.

:(

It's okay, I know how you feel. We get a new issue tomorrow, at least. It's only gotta last us for, oh, five or six weeks.

:(

If by that, you mean four months. I have yet to see a solicitation for Thor #10.

Justice Society Of America #16 $2.99
Rann Thanagar Holy War #2 (of 8) $3.50
Trinity #1 $2.99

Haunt Of Horror Lovecraft #1 (of 3) (mr) $3.99
Boys #19 (mr) $2.99

Phaedrus, how much do you spend on comics a month? Holy god man, I've known crack addicts with cheaper habits.

TRINITY #1 $2.99
AVENGERS INVADERS #2 (OF 12) $2.99
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #2 $2.99
OMEGA UNKNOWN #9 (OF 10) $2.99

Not too much for me this week. I'll give trinity a try and I hope it's good.

I think my addiction costs me at least 500 a month, not including buying back issues from mycomicshop.com and torpedocomics.com. Hey, I spend about as much on gas now.

Ugh, thanks for reminding me. I've gotta fill the ol' tank today. I think I'll do it during work to cheer myself up a bit. :)

So 1000 a month in burnable income. Either you have plenty of money, in which case how bout a loan old friend of mine, or you don't go for this whole "eating food" fad the kids are into.

paying that much for gas cheers you up? must be a masochist thing.

No, but buying gas during work rather than on my own time takes a little bit of the edge off. Well, less now that it's $4 a gallon. :(

Nah, I have to talk to people all day and I'm actually friendly when I'm drunk. Someone would totally notice.

Are comics in some places in the US delayed today because of some holiday?

Yes, Memorial Day was on Monday. The post office was closed, which means no mail, which means no comic shipments until a day later.

That's why Canada is better than the US. I have all my comics right now.

I kinda like the writing on Cable and the plot looks like it's actually doing something relevant, as opposed to every single other X-book right now, but yeah it could stand to use about 400% less decompression.

[ignorant American]Yeah, don't you have to go kiss the Queen's feet or something? LAWLZZZZ!!!1[/ignorant American]
I kinda like the writing on Cable and the plot looks like it's actually doing something relevant, as opposed to every single other X-book right now, but yeah it could stand to use about 400% less decompression.
I'm enjoying X-Men: Legacy a lot right now. I would have to agree that it's plot isn't really relevant to much of anything, but it's a good read that covers a lot of X-Men history (and not the obnoxious kind involving any of their half-assed mysteries like the third Summers brother or who Cable really is or whatever) in each issue. I'm very intrigued to see what kind of character Xavier is going to wind up as at the end of it all, provided he isn't just rebooted to the crotchety, manipulative "old guard" constantly at odds with Scott again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"