• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Did Action Comics #900 just show the new Krypton for Man Of Steel?

If we're talking Star Wars, I prefer Cloud City as a potential Krypton inspiration.

Good suggestion. Looks more futuristic and alien. The thing with Coruscant is that the buildings are mainly administration/bureaucracy office type buildings and that for Krypton doesn't give an otherworldly feel. I think also Alderaan gives a feel of an advanced civilisation.

They're not going to change it that much...

Over that last couple of years they have made a very concerted effort to tie all of the previous designs of Krypton, especially the garb, to the different classes of Krypton... Be it art, science, etc.

They have tied to crystals so much into Superman's heritage, that it would be a waste to retcon everything now...

Read "The Last Days of Krypton" by Kevin J Anderson... FANTASTIC story that weaves together many past elements, including Brainiac, into an awesome prologue to the Superman story...

Here is Krypton as depicted in Superman: Earth One -

krpo.jpg

jorelearth1001.jpg

krpe.jpg

That Krypton looks very depressing. Yes, I know everything is falling down around them and thats depressing,but still...the design in general look is depressing. Year One was depressing anyway. By God is it depressing. Does it look depressing to anyone else? Looks depressing to me :woot:

Last edited:
I'd like some color splashed on this krypton and it's cities...It doesn't have to look like a morgue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"