BvS Did this feel like a Horror Film to You?

Drifting

Civilian
Reaction score
I've mentioned this in a few threads but I would really love all of your feedback. Was there a strong horror movie tone here or was I imagining things? All of the darkness swirling about and the general ominous tone - Batman in particular - gave me the impression I was seeing something never before done. It almost struck me as the "Arkham Asylum" tone put to film. Think back to the introduction of Batman and the eerie scene at Bruce's lakehouse after his nightmare. Thoughts?

Only part that did was Batman's intro, but then that's one of the few things I adored in the film. Especially the women too scared to come out from behind the bars.

A little. I think they were going for more psychological than horror.

Maybe some scenes with Batman but overall, not really.

Quite a bit. They actually made him scary.

At times for sure. Batman introduction, Knightmare, Martha Wayne nightmare, Ma Kent photos, Doomsday looked scary, even Clark's dream with Pa Kent felt surreal and foreboding or something...

Loved it all.

Umm... noooooo??? Trick question. Sure you don't mean slasher or thriller maybe more appropriate. Of course the stuff with Batman I understand and works for him.

Umm... noooooo??? Trick question. Sure you don't mean slasher or thriller maybe more appropriate. Of course the stuff with Batman I understand and works for him.

Not really. I meant more of a foreboding tone throughout. It was just cloaked with an oppressive darkness, in almost a similar way as The VVitch. In a good way. I didn't mean a horror film as in "Friday the 13th" per se.

Only the elements that should have. Batman, Doomsday. The Knightmare felt more sci-fi.

Batman's intro and Bruce's blood/bat nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"